Dometic 9500E power awning - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2022, 08:57 AM   #21

Trailer: 2018 E19
After resetting the motor/remote you may need to reset the extension and retraction limits by turning the adjuster screws on the right side of motor. As the awning is extending insert the allen key and keep turning until you reach your limit. The motor may stop but will keep inching outward as you turn the screw. Same process for setting the retraction limit.
kpreston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 03:33 PM   #22

Trailer: 2016 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpreston View Post
After resetting the motor/remote you may need to reset the extension and retraction limits by turning the adjuster screws on the right side of motor. As the awning is extending insert the allen key and keep turning until you reach your limit. The motor may stop but will keep inching outward as you turn the screw. Same process for setting the retraction limit.
Thanks for the reply. I’ve saved this reply for when spring actually comes and hopefully that will solve it!
Ty.ether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 05:22 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty.ether View Post
I still haven’t fixed mine, when you go through the remote reset it still comes out 18” but then nothing happens or works and it eventually just retracts on its own. I haven’t been able to find a place to repair it. I did buy a replacement remote and control box. I guess it’s a problem for the Spring now.
Still struggling with this. I haven’t found any useful info from Dometic, Escape or any RV repair shops. I’m not sure how to re-wire with the new remote and control module. I couldn’t find a control module so I’m not sure what the older 3 button remote even connects with? Any other suggestions out there? Thanks!!
Old 06-17-2022, 05:31 PM   #24

Trailer: 2020 17b
Dometic experts checked the awning. Motor is the problem. Replacement motor $1,975.
Don't need the awning that badly.......
Jinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 09:41 PM   #25

Trailer: 2018 E19
Replacement motor $615 from Panther RV. I replaced mine last year.
https://pantherrvproducts.com/3314013-026p/
kpreston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 04:56 AM   #26
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
thats pretty freekin outrageous for a DC motor assembly, either way..
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 05:55 AM   #27

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
We have a 2014 21C that we bought used 3 years ago maybe 4 now. Main reason we bought used instead of new was there was a short time Escape decided to only offer the automatic awning and I did not like the things I was reading about them.

Hard to also believe in this age of digital instructions there is not something on YouTube to help with this, anyone have a YouTube channel and this awning maybe a way to grow your channel.

I hope you get the issue resolved.

Enjoy the road and stay safe.

Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 06:34 AM   #28

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21NE
2020 E21 NE in TN with dead awning motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpreston View Post
Replacement motor $615 from Panther RV. I replaced mine last year.
https://pantherrvproducts.com/3314013-026p/
Thanks for info. We have a 2020 E21. Bought used in Oct 21, so it was only 13 months from hatching. Dometic 9500E awning motor was kaput. Had to repair shop and they can’t source replacement motor. Our previous 17B had manual awning - no problems.

We have awning tied up with wraps of paracord. Love to explain what great products Dometic has when people ask me about paracord.

Would like to switch to manual awning, however, I understand that due to roof indent on new design mounting is problem.

Standing by in NE Tn with roll of replacement white paracord.
George and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 10:12 AM   #29

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 TA
Awning ground wire?

I have the 2018 Escape 5.0 TA that has the factory installed Dometic 9500E (model 231NS12.003B) awning mfg date 2/14/2018. This awning hasn’t worked more than it’s worked! The remote, wind sensor and remote receiver were replaced by a RV technician earlier this year, but only fixed the problem for a month then the same issues. I have recently traced (again) all the awning’s wiring -checking the continuity. I found that there is no ground wire (behind the front cap ) to the awning that was obviously omitted during the installation. 15 amp Fuse to awning is blowing. But I can bypass everything by hot wiring from batteries to the (+,-) awning motor wires to close and open the awning. Photo attached sideways. Was there a reason the grounding wire wasn’t needed? Is the awning still being installed this way. Anyone else seeing this grounding wire is missing? Anyone have that awning grounding wire ?
Attached Thumbnails
4E382E5A-5F73-4195-AF00-C6406EDB5037a.jpeg  
millybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 11:03 AM   #30

Awning ground wire?

I have the 2018 Escape 5.0 TA that has the factory installed Dometic 9500E (model 231NS12.003B) awning mfg date 2/14/2018. This awning hasn’t worked more than it’s worked! The remote, wind sensor and remote receiver were replaced by a RV technician earlier this year, but having the same issues again. I have recently traced (again) all the awning’s wiring -checking the continuity. I found that there is no ground wire (behind the front cap ) to the awning that was obviously omitted during the installation. 15 amp Fuse to awning is blowing. But I fortunately can bypass everything by hot wiring from batteries to the (+,-) awning motor wires (see photo) to close and open the awning. Photo attached sideways. Was there a reason the grounding wire wasn’t needed? Is the awning still being installed this way. It plainly reads “installer must ground unit here”. Anyone else seeing this grounding wire is missing? Anyone have that awning grounding wire ?
Attached Thumbnails
ADBAC655-C76E-4329-A9F6-D8BEC13889A6.jpeg   7CB00BD7-D051-4639-8C34-CC4AC082E065.jpeg   A011A31E-CBB1-4F80-9421-E57359C2BA5F.jpg  
Old 07-27-2022, 02:16 PM   #31

Here is the prompt reply I received from Escape today:

The awning does not require the ground to the awning for two reasons, 12v has a minimal chance of a shock hazard and on top of the awning is secured to the fiberglass which acts as an insulator.

Furthermore, the wiring and installation instructions omit the ground wire and is used in a different awning application that uses similar parts as the 9500E.

This is how Escape has always and continues to wire them without any issues in that regard.

The wiring at the switch should also be checked to ensure it all checks out, other than that I would suggest taking it back to the service center that repaired it in the first place to see if they have any further suggestions.

Dustin
After Sales Report
Old 06-26-2023, 05:46 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty.ether View Post
Still struggling with this. I haven’t found any useful info from Dometic, Escape or any RV repair shops. I’m not sure how to re-wire with the new remote and control module. I couldn’t find a control module so I’m not sure what the older 3 button remote even connects with? Any other suggestions out there? Thanks!!
Cheap new remote from a website in Czech Republic fixed this if anyone has this issue. No help from Dometic, Escape and 2 different RV shops.

Tyler