Dometic DM2683 No Light on Propane - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-03-2021, 07:43 AM   #21

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Dometic seems to keep updating / changing the part number for the control board but it is apparently still compatible with older models. My 2019 Americana DM2663 has a circuit board 3850712.01, for which Dinosaur makes an equivalent board with the same part number. But when I go to look up a Dometic replacement board now the part number is 3316348.900, and the description indicates it is also a direct replacement for my older part number and several other part numbers: https://pantherrvproducts.com/dometi...control-board/.

I suspect that Dometic has just made slight tweaks to the board over the years and uses new part numbers to indicate which version it is, but it is essentially the same in functionality since the fridge hasn't changed much. Hopefully you will be able to confirm this and will find that the Dinosaur 3850712.01 will work for you.
Old 08-05-2021, 06:26 PM   #22

Trailer: 2021 5.0TA
Continued misbehaving

Continues to have unpredictable problems with relight - not looking for advice (but happy to receive if you’re so moved) this is mainly to update the thread for the next Dometic fanboy.

The fridge relights sometimes without problem. Other times it will not relight without reset. No pattern I can see tied to air temp, humidity, coldness setting, moon phase or astrological confluences. Have correlated the problems to a low confidence level with the number of red ants observed in the campsite. Will monitor this.

Sometimes it will relight first reset, but has taken up to 7-10 cycles (would love one of those Dinosaur boards with the automatic recycle of ignition). If I shut the fridge off (usual response at 0 dark 30) it seems to almost always light immediately the next morning. This happens sometimes immediately after failure too so not sure that it means anything.

The circuit board damage over the high voltage coil makes me suspect the spark is too low energy to light reliably. I’ve partly confirmed this by lighting the burner manually with a bbq lighter when the igniter is firing repeatedly. This seems to reliably light the burner.

Have emailed Dinosaur as they don’t have this control board part number listed. It sounds and looks like this is a redesigned board for the 2020 DM2683LBFX. The control board part number is 3316871.900 (had to get that off the Dometic website as it’s not marked on the board).

Thanks for the comments! All I need now is 300 AHr more battery capacity and another solar panel (and a compressor fridge).
Attached Thumbnails
F036F969-32BD-491E-813A-E21BE18052B7.jpg  
sameo416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 06:35 PM   #23

Thanks.

I’m wondering the same thing. This board is a slightly different layout from the 2663 board but seems to have the same connections. I came to the same conclusion about Dometic part numbers, and practice in the pcb industry is to make as few boards as possible that can auto select the appropriate config once plugged in. I see there are Dometic boards that automatically detect 2 or 3 way so they’re backward compatible. Guessing that’s their design approach and there are no new features on the 2683 that would suggest it’s got ++ function.

If I can’t find the exact part number for mine 3316871.900, I may just try that most recent Dinosaur model and see what happens.

I emailed Dinosaur to ask if they had a compatible product for the 2683, but no reply yet. Also have a local tech seeing if he can order a Dometic board. Warranty replacement would be a cheap first step to trouble shoot.
Old 08-05-2021, 06:49 PM   #24

Backside of control board

Etch codes on the control board backside FYI.

Respected the ESD warning by keeping one foot in a bucket of water.

Just noticed RH side right above the MGSP code it looks like an overheated solder joint. That’s right in the same place as the high voltage coil.
Attached Thumbnails
723D8DD3-387F-4DAA-882C-18AF568A527A.jpg  
Old 08-22-2021, 04:21 PM   #25

Ended up in an unexpected place. Found the troubleshooting manual for the DM2662, the model just before ours. Reviewing it I found reference that the spark gap of the ignitor electrode needs to be 3/16”. When I checked the gap was about 1/16”. Repositioned the electrode to get 3/16”.

The fridge has been operating without issue for 2 days now. Biggest difference is the burner is now always igniting on the first or second spark.

Seems it might be just that simple. Have another 24 hrs in the woods.

Here's the manual: http://techsupport.pdxrvwholesale.co...ual-RM2652.pdf
Old 08-22-2021, 04:45 PM   #26
MVA

Trailer: 2017 E19
Thanks for sharing; interesting solution.
MVA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dm2683lb, no light, propane