Dometic Oven Temps - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2021, 02:58 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 19’
Dometic Oven Temps

We got the Dometic oven in our new trailer. Wanted to check the accuracy of the temperature. I borrowed a wireless thermometer. First I checked it with our home oven to see if it was accurate and it was. Our home oven and the wireless device were in sync. Then I set the Dometic for 350f. There is no visual indication on the oven to let you know when it has reached the set temperature, but in about 5 minutes it reached 360f. From that point the temp kept falling. I waited 20 minutes to see if the oven would kick in again to keep the temperature somewhat constant, but it never did. It slowly (very slowly) kept going down and after 20 minutes it was at 320f. Our home oven will keep turning on and off to keep the temp fairly constant but the Dometic doesn't seem to do this. Anyone else experience this.
Videocrafters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 07:55 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 21 2019
I use a thermometer in the oven to check the temperature constantly. Normally what happens is I turn it to appx. the right setting and wait for it to heat, get tired of waiting and put the food in, then check a few minutes later and find it has way overshot the setting I was hoping for. But in the end, the result is usually acceptable. The airbake pan works well to keep things from burning. A pizza stone we tried initially didn't work well for us at all.

Your home oven most likely uses a closed loop feedback with a temperature monitor and heat cycle throttling. These RV ovens are much less sophisticated than that...they operate essentially the same as a gas burner. All you control is the amount of gas being burned, and its a very rough approximation as to what temperature that results in. So, use the setting on the dial as a rough guide and measure with a thermometer. I find a very slight change on the dial can affect the temperature quite a bit, and that I need to monitor it during baking and make my own adjustments (essentially a manual closed loop system!).
daniel108 is offline   Reply With Quote