Dri-Z-Air forms a block - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2018, 11:32 AM   #1

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Dri-Z-Air forms a block

We have been using 3 Dri-Z-Air units in our 5.0TA while storing it in the heat and humidity of South Carolina's summer. We keep the units in 2-gallon plastic buckets to avoid spillage when removing them from the trailer to empty them. The units collect about an inch of water in a week during the summer, a little less lately.
My question is regarding the crystals forming a solid lump in the bottom of the basket. I've tried discarding the lump and refilling the basket with crystals and I've also just dumped more crystals on top of the lump, which makes getting the lid re-secured to the basket difficult. Either approach ends up with a lump remaining the next week. My question is whether or not the solidified lump is still extracting moisture. I haven't wanted to leave just the lump to find out.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
D&R_SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:37 AM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
I’ve wondered the same thing. I’m guessing that the lump wouldn’t have as much surface area as when in pellet form, so not as effective at removing moisture. I replace when there aren’t many individual pellets visible, but I would be interested in what others do.
Bob K
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:44 AM   #3

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Also wondering if a Caframo would be effective in summer. I have my doubts, but would be interested in hearing from one of the incredible gurus on this forum. I find our unit dramatically reduces the condensation in our Escape over winter, but I back it up with a Dri-Z-Air.
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:11 AM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I also use Dri-Z-Air in the classic container. Because I put the classic(s) in a tub(s), to prevent overflow and spillage, I don't even put the lid on the container. Seems to work for me and I don't get a 'lump.'
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote