DVD player - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2021, 06:50 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 5.0 2021
DVD player

Anyone with the DVD player? Mine doesn’t play to the TV. When I called support I was told it isn’t designed to play to the TV at all. I’m 100% sure I wouldn’t have purchased the DVD player, if I had known that. Is support correct Support told me the DVD only plays on portable media players (like portable DVD player) makes no sense to me
Shiloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 06:59 PM   #2

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
I am just in the process of researching this unit. in fact I talked to boss today about it. In the back of the unit there is a Yellow RCA plug you must run cord from there to the TV video input of the tv. I don't know if ETI makes a hole for the plug or not. I am doing it after market install. I did confirm with boss that the unit is deigned to do this and is done in RV's all the time. I will know more tomorrow as i plan on testing this before i do a install.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20210316_200603.jpg  
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 07:12 PM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
Anyone with the DVD player? Mine doesn’t play to the TV. When I called support I was told it isn’t designed to play to the TV at all. I’m 100% sure I wouldn’t have purchased the DVD player, if I had known that. Is support correct Support told me the DVD only plays on portable media players (like portable DVD player) makes no sense to me
what sort of DVD player is this? there are DVD DRIVES for computers, but DVD players should certainly have video output and play video on a suitable TV. many of them use analog SD component video (Y/U/V on 3 jacks yellow/red/green), or Y/C on 2 jacks or an 'svideo' connector, or simple composite video on a single RCA (yellow). all of these also require left/right stereo (red/white). newer DVD drives may have HDMI which combines audio and digital video on a connector similar to a oversized USB plug.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 07:40 PM   #4

Trailer: 2010 Prolite Mini
Modern TVs don’t have that yellow composite connector, but yours might. I found this youtube video describing a box that can convert to the modern HDMI connection.

I assume the sound you are hearing is coming from the trailer speakers which is good imho. If so, you only need to get that yellow composite connection to the tv made and select the right input on the tv.