Easy Start installation - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2021, 08:30 AM   #1

Trailer: Casita 17' SD former 2020 21C current
Easy Start installation

A question for those who have installed an after- market Easy Start to their A/C. Once the A/C reaches the desired inside temperature and the compressor cycles off, does the fan also cycle off after a short period of time? Or does the fan continue to run?
md cawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 08:43 AM   #2

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
I think the Easy Start add on only makes the a/c easy to start - and - has nothing to do with how once started the a/c fans and cooling continues to operate. That would depend upon your thermostat control settings.
Old 06-14-2021, 09:02 AM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Mine still runs the fan when the compressor is off. It does get rid of the "thump" when the compressor starts...
Old 06-14-2021, 09:22 AM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Jon
Do you have a recommendation on a soft start product that you’ve been happy with? Is the installation fairly straightforward?. I have been considering installing a soft start on our AC if I’d want to run it in the Honda 2200i generator sometime.
Iowa Dave
Old 06-14-2021, 10:08 AM   #5

Easy Start

Vermiye, thanks your comment confirms what I was told by someone
who did not have one installed but " knew someone who did and they said fan continued to run after compressor cycled down". Is your A/C and theromostat the same as mine?

Myron, I have a Penguin II A/C and a Dometic capacitive thermostat. The functionality for this exact set-up calls for the fan to shut down approximately 15 seconds after the compressor shuts down when the temperature is reached. Myron, is your set-up the same as mine.
Perhaps, maybe, there is a different functionality after installation that is dependent on the A/C and thermostat in the trailer

My concern with the Easy Start is the trade-off between a less noisy compressor start-up( also the benefit of using a smaller generator) and having the fan run continually.
Old 06-14-2021, 10:21 AM   #6

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by md cawley View Post
Vermiye, thanks your comment confirms what I was told by someone
who did not have one installed but " knew someone who did and they said fan continued to run after compressor cycled down". Is your A/C and theromostat the same as mine?

Myron, I have a Penguin II A/C and a Dometic capacitive thermostat. The functionality for this exact set-up calls for the fan to shut down approximately 15 seconds after the compressor shuts down when the temperature is reached. Myron, is your set-up the same as mine.
Perhaps, maybe, there is a different functionality after installation that is dependent on the A/C and thermostat in the trailer

My concern with the Easy Start is the trade-off between a less noisy compressor start-up( also the benefit of using a smaller generator) and having the fan run continually.
My fan runs all the time both before & after the installation of the Micro Air Easy Start (For Dave).

While I doubt it would have any effect on the start & stop of the fan motor on your AC, I'd check with Hutch Mountain (the people who sell the Micro Air products) and check.

If you have the added relay that some Casita owners have installed to shut down the fan motor, it may effect the addition of the Easy Start. If it is a stock installation from Dometic, it may require a different model of the Easy Start. They are helpful...
Old 06-14-2021, 10:23 AM   #7

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Dave, here is a uTube link to my installation of the Micro Air easy start.

https://youtu.be/I9AmXfKwrjo

Micro Air is pricey, but been well satisfied with it, though must caution It has been well over a year since I have turned the air on, so, md cawley, I really don't remember anything specific about it, except-- my Dometic 11,000 btu a/c is very cold and loud.
Old 06-14-2021, 11:07 AM   #8

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Dave, here is a uTube link to my installation of the Micro Air easy start.

https://youtu.be/I9AmXfKwrjo

Micro Air is pricey, but been well satisfied with it, though must caution It has been well over a year since I have turned the air on, so, md cawley, I really don't remember anything specific about it, except-- my Dometic 11,000 btu a/c is very cold and loud.
Thanks a lot Myron. My brother had his electricians license for years and I have gasoline and money to go get and buy his favorite beer. I think I can do this. Er we. I have leaned over the AC unit for cleaning a few times so I know I can reach it. I think the 2200 will do the job, I’ve seen them run identical units to ours but would like to eliminate the “thump” on startup regardless of the power source. Thanks again
Iowa Dave
Old 06-14-2021, 12:14 PM   #9

Easy Start

Vermilye, I now have a 2020 Escape with the supplied Penguin II A/C and the fan shut-off is a standard feature with this unit. So, I am wondering if anyone out there has installed the Easy Start with the same A/C that I have and how the fan operates.
I will give the Easy Start Company a call.
Old 06-14-2021, 12:24 PM   #10

Easy Start

Just called Hutch Mountain. The functionality of the fan does not change after the Easy Start installation. If the fall shuts off before the installation it will continue to do so and if it continued to run before an installation it will do so after.