Electrical wiring diagrams - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2021, 08:24 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Electrical wiring diagrams

One of the common complaints on this forum is that Escape doesn't supply wiring diagrams for their trailers. Below are a set of wiring diagrams for the different options that Escape provides. May they be some help to you.
Attached Thumbnails
Wiring-basic.jpg   Wiring-solar.jpg   Wiring-solar+inverter.jpg   Wiring-solar+inverter-all outlets.jpg  
Old 02-04-2021, 08:26 PM   #2

Here is a copy of my trailer's wiring diagram. I have made some improvements in Escape's wiring that I think makes it better.
Attached Thumbnails
Wiring-TDF-TEXAS.jpg  
Old 02-05-2021, 08:10 AM   #3

Trailer: Considering a Fiberglass Egg
Sweet. Thanks!! Did you hack into ETI’s super secret vault? LOL
MZL1312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 08:29 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZL1312 View Post
Sweet. Thanks!! Did you hack into ETI’s super secret vault? LOL
No, the drawings are the result of tracing every wire on multiple Escapes and discussions with other owners. Escape does wire each trailer a little different but these drawings should be generic enough that they would be useful enough for troubleshooting your trailer's electrical system.

The part of the drawings that are not shown is the 12v wiring from the WFCO DC fuse panel out to the 12v devices. Sorry, but Escape doesn't wire any of these circuits the same from trailer to trailer and that requires testing the circuits to find out what goes where. It's not hard to do - just pull a fuse and see what gets powered down.
Old 02-05-2021, 08:40 AM   #5

Trailer: 2023 21
Thank you
Traverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 09:57 AM   #6

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Can you scan the schematics at a higher resolution? I can’t read them. I appreciate your posting this.

Bob K
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 10:07 AM   #7

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Bob tap the picture twice and one can zoom in on the picture where you need to

David
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 10:38 AM   #8

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
My bad. I had something weird going on as I tried accessing the images. I tried accessing the website directly and this time I got the full resolution.

Thanks
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 11:48 AM   #9

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
One of the common complaints on this forum is that Escape doesn't supply wiring diagrams for their trailers. Below are a set of wiring diagrams for the different options that Escape provides. May they be some help to you.
I really appreciate your many knowledgeable contributions to the forum.

Thank you!!!
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 11:56 AM   #10

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:

Thanks for taking the time to put theses together . It saves me and others hours of tracing.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 01:34 PM   #11

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Thanks, Tom.
This is extremely useful!
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 08:21 AM   #12

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
Great information. Should be in the manual provided by the manufacturer.
Mark B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 08:30 AM   #13

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
The forum is so helpful. Thank you. This is something that will likely save me hours at some point.
Old 02-06-2021, 08:33 AM   #14

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21, 2014 Northern Lite slide in, 2014 2500 Duramax
Great information

And a huge time saver

Thanks for sharing your work
TZBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 03:09 PM   #15

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
Quote:
This is very useful. I am planning on doing a full wiring diagram for my trailer to include the differences in my solar installation from the factory installation as well as any other variances I find, and this is a good starting point. To save some effort on my part, are you willing to share your drawing files, and if so what format are they in?
Mark B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 03:34 PM   #16

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
The wiring loom

Background Information: because of the method that ETI has used, a documented wiring diagram has historically always been difficult to obtain. In the electrical wiring station they had a white plywood wall with nails and felt pen notes that they use to assemble the wiring loom for each trailer, including the unique accessories and options the owner had ordered. Here's a photo of my Escape, in 2015. In the background you can see the white wall with the loom nails and notes.
Edit: that was in 2015. I wonder if the method has changed??
Attached Thumbnails
8-28-15-005.jpg  
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 04:04 PM   #17
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
I need to redo the 12V circuit trace and take better notes. I did it late one night after a couple beers just out of general curiosity to see where all the overhead lighting circuits were as I was considering putting a 12V DC to DC regulator in those circuits to keep the wafer lights from flickering when on the power converter. catch-22, the maxxfan is on one of the lighting circuits, and the stovetop fan is on the other, and either of these is more power than I prefer sending through the 12V converters I have.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 08:45 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
I need to redo the 12V circuit trace and take better notes. I did it late one night after a couple beers just out of general curiosity to see where all the overhead lighting circuits were as I was considering putting a 12V DC to DC regulator in those circuits to keep the wafer lights from flickering when on the power converter. catch-22, the maxxfan is on one of the lighting circuits, and the stovetop fan is on the other, and either of these is more power than I prefer sending through the 12V converters I have.
If you look at my trailer's wiring diagram, you will see a list of what is powered by each 12v fuse on the right hand side of the diagram.

The devices on fuse 1 and 7 were split by me as they were all on fuse 1 when I bought the trailer. I'm still not happy about the devices on fuse 7 - both the Maxxfan and the bathroom fan along with all the ceiling lighting is on that fuse but the wiring is buried under the ceiling vinyl so not much I can do about it.

Fuse 6 fixed another wiring problem. The awning is required to be on a dedicated circuit by Dometic but was powered by fuse 2 along with the entire passenger side of the trailer when the trailer was new. I ran a new 12 gauge wire pair to the awning and put in fuse 6 to fix this.
Old 02-07-2021, 08:37 AM   #19

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19
Quote:
Here is a copy of my trailer's wiring diagram. I have made some improvements in Escape's wiring that I think makes it better.
I notice that in the ETI wired trailer with Invertor your schematic shows them using 2 AWG wire.

I plan to add a shunt similar to your 'improved' version, along with my own solar. My wiring will likely be 95%+ the same as you have sketched here. You uprated the ETI wires from 2 AWG all the way to 2/0 AWG. That's a huge jump.

Overkill? Just looking for that last bit of efficiency? I only ask because I was just thinking about if 1/0 AWG on the shunt would be enough or not and so checked your schematic.....and saw you ran 2/0.
JeffreyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 10:02 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyG View Post
I notice that in the ETI wired trailer with Invertor your schematic shows them using 2 AWG wire.

I plan to add a shunt similar to your 'improved' version, along with my own solar. My wiring will likely be 95%+ the same as you have sketched here. You uprated the ETI wires from 2 AWG all the way to 2/0 AWG. That's a huge jump.

Overkill? Just looking for that last bit of efficiency? I only ask because I was just thinking about if 1/0 AWG on the shunt would be enough or not and so checked your schematic.....and saw you ran 2/0.
The 2 AWG proved to be too small for the inverter - I was tripping on low voltage anytime I put a large load on it so the wiring needed to be upsized. The cost difference between 1/0 and 2/0 is small and I wanted the least voltage drop to the inverter as possible. I run a 950 watt microwave off the inverter and the 2/0 works the best. Keep in mind my longest battery to inverter cables are only about 3' long but my inverter is one that can supply 3000 watts surge so it was possible to pull up to the 200 amp fuse current with that inverter.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...les-19164.html

I bought this wire. It is a good quality wire and not too expensive. For this wire, the price difference between 1/0 and 2/0 is about $6.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1