Escape 19 - Where and how do you store food, dishes, pots and pans? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2021, 01:57 PM   #21

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
do you have a source for the plate stacker I'm looking for some but don't want to get the wrong size
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 03:32 PM   #22

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
do you have a source for the plate stacker I'm looking for some but don't want to get the wrong size
Hi: Fox hunt... Dolla store or Wal Mart I think... Think small!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 06:33 PM   #23
MVA

Trailer: 2017 E19
We have 4 place settings of Corelle (dinner plate, salad plates, and bowls) and store them in one of these in the cabinet under the sink. Storing the dinner plates vertically makes good use of the height under the sink without using a lot of horizontal space. Trying to make use of available height when available rather than horizontal space is helpful to increasing storage.

https://www.amazon.com/DINNER-PLATE-...s%2C211&sr=8-2

Silverware is stored in one of these in one of the drawers under the cooktop. We don't have an oven, so we have two drawers.
https://www.amazon.com/Joseph-85119-...3798754&sr=8-7

Pots & pans are stored under the sink. We also normally have an 8" cast iron skillet stored under the sink. Pot lids are stored on the inside of the doors of the bottom cabinets under the sink. I just finished making and installing the lid holders today. The following link has a helpful video. https://fixthisbuildthat.com/diy-pot...tion-projects/

The two doors under the sink have over-the-door-holders - one for paper towels and one for dish towels. We have found containers or plastic bins to fit most cabinets. Using bins helps keep things from moving around a lot when traveling.

Kathy
Attached Thumbnails
Lid1.jpg   Lids 2&3a.jpg   pots.jpg  
MVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:43 AM   #24

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Re: lid holders on the doors - great idea. You just gave me a project.
Attached Thumbnails
floor.jpg  
Old 06-16-2021, 05:08 PM   #25

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Steve's pot lid storage solution (I watched the video Steve) was just too perfectly simple an idea to waste on a 100 degree F day. Here's my mod and I'm sticking to it.
Attached Thumbnails
kitch11A.jpg  
Old 10-21-2022, 09:56 PM   #26

Trailer: E19
Dish Drying Rack

We have an Escape 19. Has anyone found this collapsible dish drying rack useful? Or is it too small or not well made?
Thank you,
Jean
Attached Thumbnails
Dish rack.jpg  
Jean and Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 06:28 AM   #27

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary LG View Post
I'm curious how folks have set up their kitchens for storing pots, pans, glasses, dishes, food, trash can, cleaning supplies, etc. without having to do much in the way of modifications right now. There are no modifications on this trailer-it is just as it came from the factory, with the basic set-up, except for the larger refrigerator. So, I guess I would also like to know a good place to store a small microwave.
We have a convection microwave oven under the cooktop, so can't help with where to store the microwave.

We store cleaning supplies in the cabinet under the refrigerator.

We store our pans under the sink.
This is the stacking pan set we have. We did buy an extra handle (from Stansport) and added two glass lids one for the large pot frying pan and one for the small pot. We use the included lid for the medium pot if needed.
Stansport Heavy Duty - Stainless Steel Clad Cook Set (369)

We store our flatware in a kitchen side drawer.
Joseph Joseph DrawerStore Compact Cutlery Organizer Kitchen Drawer Tray, Small, Gray

Image from Amazon.

Our kitchen utensils go in a holder behind the cooktop, and in a drawer under the pantry (wardrobe closet).

We store our dishes in the cabinet above the sink. We use these organizers to keep them from sliding around.

Camco Stack-A-Plate- Easily Organize, Store and Protect Plates During Travel, Non- Slip Backing, Simply Dispense Plates During Later Use, Great For RVs
We switched to Corelle dishes and bowls. We use in expensive washcloths from Walmart for padding between them. We also purchased a set of these padded ones. They are a little thick to use on everything. But, they are really handy for bowels hot out of the microwave or as potholders.

8 Pieces Bowl Holders Microwave Bowl Huggers Safe Bowl Pot Holder for Heat Soup, Food, Meals (Grey)
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 06:42 AM   #28

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean and Dale View Post
We have an Escape 19. Has anyone found this collapsible dish drying rack useful? Or is it too small or not well made?
Thank you,
Jean
We use this washtub and drying rack. We have had it since our last trailer (5+ years old) The drying rack fits fully down inside the sink. The washtub fits into the sink but not down below the rim. The washtub is handy to set on the countertop extension while doing dishes. We don't have the mat as we purchased the pieces separately.

Camco 43517 White Sink Kit with Dish Drainer, Dish Pan
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 10:51 AM   #29

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean and Dale View Post
Thank you,
Jean
We use that dish rack in our 21c. The utensil holder kept coming loose so I pop riveted it on permanently. Other than that it’s fine and the size is adequate.
edlynnrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 12:03 PM   #30

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21 Rear Bed
We store plates, cups, and bowls above the cooktop, spices and oil in a tub directly above the countertop, glass wine glasses above the sink wrapped in tea cloths, with trivets also in the area. Under the cooktop (we have 2 drawers) then in a plastic tub next to the drawers we have 3 cast iron skillets, 2 pans, and 4 lids, next to that another tub full of cleaners, plastic bags, and a teakettle. Under the sink plumbing we have stainless cleaners and wax in small short containers. The garbage is a small tub in the slot in front of the lower cabinet doors. The rest of that narrow slot is full of small plastic containers for leftovers and other storage.

We converted the closet to a pantry with 4 stackable wire shoe racks from Ikea. Thus is where all the canned goods, 1 gallon containers of flour, glass bottles of pasta sauce, most bulk items are stored. Directly above the axles for best weight distribution. Under the fridge we have a 3 qt instant pot, 3-half gallons of almond milk, and other heavy items that might fit.

Under the bed we have each have a plastic tub 17" wide, 24" long, and 12" high. Those tubs contain all our clothes. Most of pir trips are 2-4 months long. Cabinets above the bed store extra sheets, towels, blankets, rain gear. On the passenger side, above the bed are chips, crackers, sealed snacks.

We have the 5cf absorbtion fridge and a nice cabinet above the fridge for even more storage.
Old 10-22-2022, 05:49 PM   #31

Trailer: 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Here's the kitchen area in my 17B. Paper towel holder is on underside of cabinet over the sink. It's held there with double sided tape and has been for nine years.
My knives store on a magnetic holder, again using double sided tape and screws.
I have a 3M Command hook to hang oven gloves and towel ( top left ).
gbaglo, do you have a favourite brand of double sided tape?
Fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 06:25 PM   #32

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
You may get a response

Or not. Baglo has sworn off the forum due to the predominance of blood pressure raising posts. We've lost many a long time posters, fallen on the wayside members due to interminable re-re-rehashes of easily searchable topics and political position inputs.
I'm still standing, but I don't know for how long.
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 08:46 PM   #33

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABBERDABBER View Post
Or not. Baglo has sworn off the forum due to the predominance of blood pressure raising posts. We've lost many a long time posters, fallen on the wayside members due to interminable re-re-rehashes of easily searchable topics and political position inputs.
I'm still standing, but I don't know for how long.
I was wondering what happened to Glenn was afraid maybe something, thank you for confirming why he hasn't posted lately. I've only been in the form since 2017 but I've really noticed lately it has become hostile with some members. The once really helpful and informative form has become something else, very seldom do I read it now.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 11:27 AM   #34

Trailer: 2013 E19
Having knees that are getting older, I put in a lot pullout drawers, & attached things to the doors, etc. I put a second shelf in the lower level area left side. Light weight on top, can goods, etc. on the bottom. I left the Right side for taller, but, can hardly see the in a basket type thing on the door, to use the space that's above even tall things. Everyday things, coffee, etc. under the sink area. My dishes (a mix of plastic & china, & lots of paper plates) are stored in cabinet above right hand bench. YES, put padding between everything! I also cut up the 1/8" thin yoga mats & lined the bottom of everything(did the drawers now too). As there are NO SPRINGS on the axles! So for that reason packing tight helps...... less room for bouncing out. I personally use lots of blouses, because bad shoulders. So use my wardrobe. Added a basket above shoulders socks, & belt hooks, a shelf in the way back at shoulder too(unmentionable). There is about a 4" deep dead space against the outside wall, I haven't filled in with something yet. Most likely a shallow tight fitting shelving with lips.
Attached Thumbnails
1st pull out, & shelves..jpg   Flooring, Pullout & dog space..jpg   Raised Dining3a.jpg   Closet.jpg  
Chasing Trials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 02:26 PM   #35

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Always good to see innovative storage solutions....

Tags
setting up kitchen, storing dishes, storing pots and pans