Escape Floor questions - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2015, 09:22 AM   #1

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
Escape Floor questions

I don't know how to start a new thread Does escape trailers use a wood floor like casita scamp parker etc or is it full fiberglass for the floor like the snoozy ? We have the snoozy and that what sold us on Lil Snoozy .We are currently looking at the 5.0 escape but wondering if it is full fiberglass lining underneath I think it does I do not want an osb floor like scamp,parker,casita to many problems down the road .
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:27 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
The floor in an Escape is fully encapsulated in fiberglass and elevated with a pontoon around the perimeter of the walls. If any water were to get inside it would collect in the pontoons and there are drain holes to allow it to escape outside..
Old 04-04-2015, 11:27 AM   #3

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I thought the floor was plywood while the outer shell is FG. Is that not the same as Casitas and Scamps?
Old 04-04-2015, 11:43 AM   #4

Scamps do not have a fiberglass bottom, just some OSB wood covered with resin. Wood rot will appear at the various bolt points and the areas where water can intrude. The Casita has a fiberglass bottom with a wood floor inside.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:47 AM   #5

On my Escape 19 you could see the plywood floor edges, covered with resin around the sides of the pontoons. Perhaps I should have said encapsulated in resin on top and fiberglass on bottom.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:55 AM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
I don't know how to start a new thread Does escape trailers use a wood floor like casita scamp parker etc or is it full fiberglass for the floor like the snoozy ? We have the snoozy and that what sold us on Lil Snoozy .We are currently looking at the 5.0 escape but wondering if it is full fiberglass lining underneath I think it does I do not want an osb floor like scamp,parker,casita to many problems down the road .
The only way a trailer gets a rotten floor is due to leaks and lack of maintenance. Any trailer, of any brand, must have maintenance attention.

The floor in my 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe is perfect.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:03 PM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
On my 2014 19 the underside is a continuation of of the walls. There is no joint like the Scamp et al. The interior floor is plywood (good because I hated the Scamp OSB ) and appears to be 5/8" thick. Thick enough to put bolt inserts in to hold my table base.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:50 PM   #8

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Like Trilliums, most Bolers, and apparently Casitas, an Escape has a fully enveloping shell of fiberglass, and inside of that there is the structural plywood floor. This is significantly different from a Lil Snoozy, which has a cored composite shell (inner and outer fiberglass layers around a lightweight core) so the shell itself is the floor structure.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 06:23 PM   #9

Trailer: Escape
It is a plywood floor. In the 19 it squeaks where there is a seam near the refrigerator.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC07462.JPG