Fabric source for those in the US - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2011, 03:21 PM   #1

Trailer: 2012 Escape 17B
Fabric source for those in the US

Hi all,

Just wanted to give a positive plug to the nice people at SailRite -- I purchased fabric for our Escape-in-waiting from them, and they were great all the way through, sending samples quickly and shipping directly to Canada via UPS International. This shipping wasn't exactly cheap, BUT it was easier, faster, and ultimately cheaper than it would have been had we had to do it ourselves from Michigan.

http://www.sailrite.com/

They have a great selection and will advise you on matching fabric for pillows, etc, if you like (Escape charges only $20 for a coordinating pillow -- a pretty great deal if you ask me -- and extra fabric for the pillows really isn't much at all).

I had a really hard time finding reasonably-priced places that shipped directly to Canada, so I thought this might be helpful to those that wish to buy custom fabric. For what it's worth, I had to pay a little extra for expedited shipping because we waited until the last minute to make our decision -- had I not, I think it would have only cost about $175 US for the fabric (all cushions and two pillows) and shipping. $175 is pretty amazing I think, given that we'll end up with top quality Sunbrella fabric -- super easy to keep clean.

Kudos to Tammy and Reace for not charging extra for the custom fabric option; they are the best!

We are also having custom graphics done for our trailer -- more on that soon.

With kudos to Gerda for the Sunbrella inspiration,

~e
medora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:51 PM   #2

Trailer: formerly a 2012 15b
Re: Fabric source for those in the US

Great information. We are in Seattle and also looking for custom fabric for our 15B. I notice they have indoor furniture fabric and also marine interior fabric product lines. Did you pick from the furniture line? Thanks!
Green Lakes Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:42 AM   #3

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19

We, too, chose Sunbrella fabrics, because theirs are yarn-dyed, not printed-on colors. Our source was Outdoorfabrics.com, and we were very satisfied with them, including price. They shipped directly to Canada for us. --Liz
Old 12-20-2011, 02:01 PM   #4

Trailer: 2012 Escape 17B

We knew we wanted Sunbrella so limited ourselves to what they offered ... We have a Sunbrella hammock and a few pillows that have survived many years in very bright sun with minimal fading and wear, and they are very easy to spot clean. We can also throw our pillows right in the washer, no sweat. I don't think you can go wrong with something from their line.
& Dovekie the Wirehaired Pointing Griffon
medora66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:13 PM   #5

Trailer: Casita ... for now ...

I have ordered from these guys, Tonic Living. They are in Toronto, Canada so it might be easy to order from them and ship to Escape. http://tonicliving.com
brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape 5.0 SA

I agree, Tammy and Reace are super to work with and it is so nice to be able to pick out your own fabric. We just purchased our upholstery fabric from newtoto.com. They have a large selection reasonably priced and will ship directly to Chilliwack. Even with an extra yard and shipping our total came to $103. We are so excited about our new 5.0 coming out in July we can hardly think of anything else! This company is in Indiana. We are new to the Escape family, we have been part of the Casita family since 2003. Looking forward to meeting more of you and seeing your Escapes in the future.
Sandy and David
daveandsandyclink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:16 PM   #7

Sandy and Dave,
Many new Escape owners did own Casita's. I owned 6 Bigfoots and a 16ft Scamp. We camped all Summer in our 16ft Scamp until our Escape was done in the fall of 2010. It was like moving into a mansion from the Scamp. Tammy and Reace will do anything except changing the mold for you. You will find the Escape has lots of storage room.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #8

Trailer: 2012 17B

Anyone want to post pictures of their cushions? I need some inspiration!

Thanks!
JudyVT is offline   Reply With Quote