Finalizing My 21C Order - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2021, 10:55 PM   #1

Trailer: 2023 Escape 21C
Finalizing My 21C Order

Forum Members, I am in the final stages of completing my build sheet. Let me begin by thanking you for your many many contributions. Escape trailers are well made well designed trailers that have been improved by your input. My wife and I look forward to joining the ranks of proud Escape owners.
Since I joined last September I have built a Library of 60 topics; trouble shooting notes , options, spare parts and repair items with links to them on Amazon, Home Depot and others. I have put together an "Escape Trailer" wish/need list on Amazon of countless items. I have also been working a large list of things to bring when I pick up the trailer.
I shudder to think about what would have happened had I just ordered a trailer with out your help.

I have opted for most options it seems; about $42,000+ USD with manual awning and framed windows, no A/C and with steel wheels. I think I have included all of the electrical options except Lithium Batteries and stereo. Melisa did say she would run the wiring for speakers and stereo for $80, hope that holds true. I need to confirm that the wiring for an aftermarket A/C will be run. Other major Items added are the oven, microwave, the U-shaped Dinette with the Lagun mount, a 12" wide Lounge seating filler board with extra split cushions, split seat and seatback cushions, the seatback cushions 4" thick with the seat bottom board 22" wide vs 18" and the opening rear window. I think I included all of the exterior options port and starboard. I did order the Fastway E2 WDH.

The only major items left to consider are the additional front window with rock shield $260 and the Sea Level II tank monitoring system $540.
I am asking 21C owners their thoughts about the Front window and all owners if the think Sea Level II is worth the additional $540. Thanks Jim Allocco
Greatboatz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 01:57 AM   #2
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatboatz3 View Post
Forum Members, I am in the final stages of completing my build sheet.

The only major items left to consider are the additional front window with rock shield $260 and the Sea Level II tank monitoring system $540.
I am asking 21C owners their thoughts about the Front window and all owners if the think Sea Level II is worth the additional $540. Thanks Jim Allocco
Welcome Jim! Wow, you've done your homework. Nice! We absolutely love our front window on our 21C. For us, it was the 1st option we put down on our build sheet because we like having a window on every side of our trailer. You never know which side the view is going to be! The last couple times, the ocean view was out the front. Would definitely get it again.

When it's too cold or hot or buggy to be outside, one of my favorite spots to read inside is on the bed with my back against the bathroom wall with pillow support (we added reinforcement to this wall). I so enjoy the view out of the front and side windows as I read.

But a quick reminder that the front window is not a thermal window, so I added a layer of reflectix inside the rock guard and we close the rock guard at night for added insulation. Thus, one of the first things I do in the mornings is go out and open the rock guard; it lets in so much natural light! So easy to open and close.

Also, if we are going to be gone from the campsite for a few hours, we prefer to close the rock guard in case the wind picks up, to keep it safe. We also don't open it if it's too windy or gusty, but normally it's fine. Works well and zero regrets from us! -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 06:50 AM   #3

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
I’ve done some research on the SeeLevel system and have considered upgrading. Much better resolution on the tank readings in % form plus an actual battery voltage versus just the four “dummy” lights on the stock one. No probes to get dirty but still need to keep black tank from building up too much crud or it won’t read correctly thru tank wall. If I was ordering a new trailer I would get it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_con...ture=emb_title
Old 03-27-2021, 09:27 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Air conditioning will be missed.........
Old 03-27-2021, 11:52 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Air conditioning will be missed.........
Cpaharley, I plan on an after market A/C. I was originally planning on the Coleman Mach 10 13.5K with heat strip and smart start. Of course they are not available. After discussions on the forum I was planning on the RecPro 9.5K with their version of a smart start (PTC I believe) and adding my own electric heater. They are currently out of stock and RecPro doesn't have a delivery date. I planned I picking up the trailer in Sumas in August and had contacted a RV service shop 30 miles south to have the A/C shipped to them for installation.

My thought now is to get some opinions on ordering RecPro's 13.5K A/C w/ heat strip and smart start. The 2 draw backs to the 13.5K are it may be too large a unit and short cycle. Besides the addition $350 cost the other draw back is that it may be too large to run on my nearly new 2017 Honda 2000ei generator, requiring Max power and current of 1700W and 15.5A vs 1590W and 14.6A for the 9.5K.
Thought it might be better to start a separate thread for that,
Greatboatz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 12:07 PM   #6

Trailer: 2017 Escape Trailer 21
No front window but I wish we had known about the one over the stack of drawers as more light in that area would be great.
jkavanagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 12:36 PM   #7

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
C21

We never wanted a front window plenty of light in standard form The different probes in black tank (if they work )might be a good option. We live in Florida so A/C was a must . Under new management Escape does offer some nicer options then before .
I do like the new 21 NE but would have dinette in back and bed up front or another dinette "
?
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 02:36 PM   #8

Trailer: 2021
Wow 14k in options !
johnnyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 03:10 PM   #9

Trailer: 2021
Is that with delivery ?
johnnyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 04:32 PM   #10