Flip up table hardware - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2016, 10:10 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape 21 2016
Flip up table hardware

Does anyone have information on the source for the flip up table hardware that Escape uses? We are considering providing our own flip ups as well as a small dining table and would like to compare prices of do it yourself vs Escape prices before we decide. Retail pricing for this type of hardware varies a great deal from low to high end.

Thanks
Mitzi
Playdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 11:07 AM   #2

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playdog View Post
Does anyone have information on the source for the flip up table hardware that Escape uses? We are considering providing our own flip ups as well as a small dining table and would like to compare prices of do it yourself vs Escape prices before we decide. Retail pricing for this type of hardware varies a great deal from low to high end.

Thanks
Mitzi
Hi . RV Supply Parts . JR folding shelf bracket brown #20735 $8.49 each . Lot's cheaper . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 11:13 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Hi . RV Supply Parts . JR folding shelf bracket brown #20735 $8.49 each . Lot's cheaper . Pat
Been in business since 1977. 195 S. Woodrose Ct., Anaheim Hills, Anaheim, Ca. 92807
Old 06-05-2016, 11:54 AM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
But don't forget the cost of the laminate (you might have to buy an additional sheet), plywood, glue, trim, tools to cut everything (unless you already have them) and time involved.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 11:55 AM   #5

Smile

Thanks Pat. That was very helpful. I think I'll build my own and maybe even upgrade the hardware a bit.

Mitzi
Old 06-05-2016, 11:58 AM   #6

We owned a cabinet shop until three years ago and we still have very close ties to the new owner so we won't be out much above material cost and a small amount of time.

Mitzi
Old 06-05-2016, 12:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playdog View Post
We owned a cabinet shop until three years ago and we still have very close ties to the new owner so we won't be out much above material cost and a small amount of time.

Mitzi
I originally bought the flip tables from Escape,was busy and didn't get a chance to find hardware until later . I have since made my own shelfs and reused the hardware . The brackets especially folding are pretty good quality . One shelf I remade is twice as big and it is supported very well . Could of saved a bunch at the time . We live and learn . Glad I could help . Pat
Old 06-05-2016, 01:06 PM   #8

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax
I might go the DIY route also on my 2017 21'. Can you tell me what the dinette walls are made of? Plywood with veneer or what? I mean the walls separating the dinette from the kitchen.
stephen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 03:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen99 View Post
I might go the DIY route also on my 2017 21'. Can you tell me what the dinette walls are made of? Plywood with veneer or what? I mean the walls separating the dinette from the kitchen.
Hi Stephen 99. I would get that wall reenforced . They use 3/8 ply about 2/3 going down in wall ,otherwise walls are thin . The wall unless you hit the framing is not for structure hanging .we reenforced all our walls , about 3 for us . Not even a full sheet of ply at 3/8 which is not adding much weight . You could also add a ledge board across each end of framing , also adding a vertical piece to add your shelf . I like the reenforcment better myself . Pat
Old 06-05-2016, 03:47 PM   #10

Quote:
Hi Stephen 99. I would get that wall reenforced . They use 3/8 ply about 2/3 going down in wall ,otherwise walls are thin . The wall unless you hit the framing is not for structure hanging .we reenforced all our walls , about 3 for us . Not even a full sheet of ply at 3/8 which is not adding much weight . You could also add a ledge board across each end of framing , also adding a vertical piece to add your shelf . I like the reenforcment better myself . Pat
Look at Friday thread post #2789 . AK camper new 19 ft being built you can see inside wall , shower , dinette wall , there is the ply reenforcment in the wall , before they install shower . Pat