Originally Posted by NuthatchBC
Today I noticed that the gasket around the emergency exit window in our 19 is detaching in places along the bottom. The gasket looks to be quite deformed at these points so this may have contributed to the problem. Has anyone else experienced this and, if so, how did you fix it? I'm thinking some sort of rubber adhesive to re-attach it to the frame but am open for suggestions.
I replaced the gasket on ours. Sounds like I had the same problem you have - the gasket was kind of rolled over, so the sticky side stuck to the opening part of the window in places, and ripped loose when we opened the window. I just took a piece to Home Depot and bought a similar gasket and replace the whole thing. The new gasket had double-sided tape already applied - just a peel-and-stick operation. We used it for maybe 2 months since with no problems.
We also had a bit of a leak at the top, but a bit of silicone around the frame stopped it. That was when the trailer was new, about 16 months ago, and it hasn't leaked since.
I'm sure Escape would have fixed both, but we're a long way away so returning it to the factory wasn't an option. Both fixes were real easy.