good sam VS AAA Roadside Assistance plans - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2021, 03:17 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
good sam VS AAA Roadside Assistance plans

I have had AAA in the past for autos. I always had good luck with Them over the years. I been doing some research and see that good sam club has a 50% off deal until the end of march.They seem to add a lot of benefits for less cost than AAA. Has anyone had experience with them?
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 03:20 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I had to switch to Good Sam when I found out AAA did not cover rv's at my old address. Been with them since, although have not had to activate it......
Old 03-11-2021, 06:37 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Devil is in the details as they say. Have had AAA for 25 years and recently found that RV coverage has changed since last June. Now RV Plus and RV Premier have the same coverage for towing for the RV. For the vehicle itself there is a difference, yet both cap towing the RV at $500 per service call/ max $1000 per year.

https://www.ace.aaa.com/membership/benefit-chart.html
Old 03-11-2021, 06:44 PM   #4

One thing I will do when I shop Good Sam due to the AAA change is to ask someone say out in Lone Pine area like Miller's Towing if they accept Good Sam or not. They do not accept AAA as the reimbursement is not enough for them. So if you need lock out service in Alabama Hills for example it better not be the day off the employee over there from a Ridgecrest Tow company employs that does accept AAA.

On this subject- met a very nice Google employee camping in a rented Class C for the first time with young family. Told me he got stuck in sand outside the Cottonwood entrance to Joshua Tree along Box Canyon Road near I-10. Cost him $600, and I doubt AAA or Good Sam would pay when you're off the road like he was. So be careful out there!
Old 03-11-2021, 07:49 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
I have roadside assistance and after trying to find someone to change a trailer tire I gave up. Perhaps North Carolina just does have a roadside assistance program “programmed in”. I changed the tire myself. Anyone else have trouble getting assistance?
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 08:30 PM   #6

Trailer: 2018 17B
I have had Coach-Net for eight years and finally had to use them last year. Once in South Carolina ( tire change) and a week later another tire change in Texas. I was very pleased with their response time. They are a roadside assistance specifically for RVs and will take care of the trailer and my tow vehicle.
Calicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 06:51 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I had to switch to Good Sam when I found out AAA did not cover rv's at my old address. Been with them since, although have not had to activate it......

In my area AAA charges a another $35 a year for the trailer bringing it up to $127 a year this is what got me looking elsewhere .
Old 03-12-2021, 07:06 AM   #8

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
I have had AAA in the past for autos. I always had good luck with Them over the years. I been doing some research and see that good sam club has a 50% off deal until the end of march.They seem to add a lot of benefits for less cost than AAA. Has anyone had experience with them?
I have roadside assistance on my auto insurance for my cars.

I have roadside assistance on my RV insurance for my trailer.

They all contract with the same towing companies.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 03:51 PM   #9

Just spent a lot of time trying to get pertinent information from Good Sam. Frankly, they were not willing to tell me who they would use in a breakdown situation in Lone Pine, CA. Dispatch said I had to talk to Membership and they said it was Dispatch. Decided to yelp them for reviews and wow- a lot of recent specific negative experiences with RV owners.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/good-sam-ro...ce-englewood-4
Old 03-12-2021, 03:57 PM   #10

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
i use Good Sam I've been happy with them
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 04:08 PM   #11

Trailer: 2022 Keystone Cougar 29RLKWE & RAM 2500
I've had a GEICO home and auto policy for 50 years. Emergency Road Service is on my auto policy. I just added my 21C to my auto policy. Emergency Road Service (ERS) for my 21C for 6 months is $2.24. Yes, two dollars and 24 cents. I used ERS once when I hit a coyote on a Sunday morning with my Mercedes in "no-where" Kansas. Called GEICO and said I want my Mercedes repaired at closest Mercedes dealership/autobody shop. GEICO had my Mercedes towed 125 miles to Wichita, KS. AAA's price is not even close. I don't need all the other AAA services. Didn't check Good Sam. I'm happy with GEICO's price.
dlakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 05:20 PM   #12

Trailer: 2012 E19
I read the GS forum regularly, and many members have posted in the last year or so to say they've bailed out of GS Roadside Assistance in favor of Coach Net. Some were unhappy with the poor results (or no results) obtained when they had to avail themselves of the service. Some others were unhappy because GS changed their roadside service standard membership so it no longer included coverage of 5th wheels or motorhomes, but neglected to tell the customers (who thought their 5th wheels and mohos were still covered)!
Old 03-13-2021, 07:53 AM   #13

There seems to be a lot of mixed reviews. For the $64.95 I decided to give them a try for a year. next time I might check into my insurance policy and see what they offer.
Old 03-13-2021, 08:15 AM   #14

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
There seems to be a lot of mixed reviews. For the $64.95 I decided to give them a try for a year. next time I might check into my insurance policy and see what they offer.
Roadside assistance is $16 per year on our RV insurance policy.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote