Got a tape measure and a few minutes? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2020, 09:32 PM   #1

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Got a tape measure and a few minutes?

Lots of great info here, including dimensional and drawings scattered about, but I'm trying to consolidate some nominal measurements on a somewhat 'standard' basis so beg some help ...

Trailers of interest:
5.0 TA
E21 C
E21 NE
E19

Bath Dimension:
Seeking interior wall-to-wall dimensions measured just below the medicine cabinet and approximately waist-high for the width. So, this would be the nominal wall-to-wall dimensions not including any 'encroachments' between the walls.

Cabinet Adjacent to Reefer (called "Storage" in some, "Wardrobe" in some):
Seeking the interior wall-to-wall 'width'; not a door opening width, not the 'depth' from the cabinet face to the trailer side.

5.0 TA Interior:
The dimension from the rear window to the foot of the bed (a nominal 'interior length' for the full-height portion).

Yeah, I could ask ETI, but hey, y'all have 'em so why not ask here

Thanks in Advance for Your Contributions!

Yes, I'll post the single-sheet I'm compiling with all of the above trailer floorplans, noted with the info I'm collecting. It's just the ETI promotional floorplan drawings with the dimensions most folks seem to find of interest for quick-comparative purposes; I already have:
Overall Length
Overall Width
Interior Length (except the 5.0 'special case')
Bed L & W
Standard dinette bench length
Kitchen counter overall length
Advertised tank capacities
"dry base weight" and "GVWR"
Old 07-31-2020, 12:16 AM   #2

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post

5.0 TA Interior:
The dimension from the rear window to the foot of the bed (a nominal 'interior length' for the full-height portion).

From Window to bottom step = 10'
From window to foot of bed = 13'

Good luck!
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 10:57 AM   #3

Thank You Arnie, Paula & Kizzy!

Here's the figure I'm trying to 'complete', still needing a bit more info on wardrobe and bath sizes; just trying to capture on a single page some of the main things that seem to be of interest when comparing pros and cons of different models for different prospective purchaser interests / priorities:
Old 07-31-2020, 11:50 AM   #4
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Very nice comparison chart! In our E21C the wall to wall bath measurement (just above the belly band) is 28" x 46.5" (47.5" from the wall to the back of the door).
Hope this helps! -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 11:57 AM   #5

Thank You, Bea!

Yes, your contribution certainly helps, I'm going to hold-off on updating the figure in hope of getting more from members here to make it 'complete' for a final revision.

Still Seeking:
Bath Dimensions for 5.0 TA and E21 NE
Wardrobe Dimension for E21 NE

And of course, any correction / suggestion most welcome!
Old 07-31-2020, 12:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Thank You Arnie, Paula & Kizzy!

Here's the figure I'm trying to 'complete', still needing a bit more info on wardrobe and bath sizes; just trying to capture on a single page some of the main things that seem to be of interest when comparing pros and cons of different models for different prospective purchaser interests / priorities:
Very cool drawings!!

Some more measurements for the 5.0

The cabinet on the passenger side just forward of the door is 17 1/2 " square.

Ceiling height: under low point of AC unit 6'2" sloping to 7'3" just in front of the bottom step under Maxi Fan. (Psychologically this makes a big difference in perceived space.)

The bath is 39 3/4" X 27". This will be the same for the 19' and the 21NE.

Isle width between counter top edge and fridge door is 3'. Should be the same for both 21' models. The 19' will be 2' 8".

Just a comment, the usable floor space comparison is misleading if you subtract the bed from the 5.0 but not the other models. I think the bed should be removed from the other models too for consistency. Alternatively, note that the overall interior length of the 5.0 is 19' 8" in addition to the foot of the bed measurement.

Thanks for these drawings! Very nice!
- Bremerton, WA
Old 07-31-2020, 12:30 PM   #7

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
I don't know if you want these. On the Escape 19 the kitchen counter depth is ~22". The counter top extension is 13" x 15". From the counter top extension to the bathroom wall is ~27".
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 02:44 PM   #8

Thank You, All, for the contributions!

Arnie - size of cabinet next to door revised and overall interior length added to the 5.0 TA; bath dimensions added and also applied to E21 NE.

TTMartin and Arnie - I appreciate the additional 'unsolicited' dimensions, but I'm striving to strike a balance between 'graphics clutter / info overload' and 'just enough info to highlight differences of interest to most'. It's a judgment call, but I prefer to err to simplicity of presentation for this graphic. I do appreciate your comments for my consideration!

Still Seeking:
E21 NE wardrobe width (interior wall-to-wall)

The base floorplans are of course 'liberated' from ETI's website, I've added attribution for those.
Old 07-31-2020, 04:27 PM   #9

Quote:
Thank You, All, for the contributions!

TTMartin and Arnie - I appreciate the additional 'unsolicited' dimensions, but I'm striving to strike a balance between 'graphics clutter / info overload' and 'just enough info to highlight differences of interest to most'. It's a judgment call, but I prefer to err to simplicity of presentation for this graphic. I do appreciate your comments for my consideration!
Cool! I totally get that! Uncluttered design is often more effective. Thanks again for doing this!
- Bremerton, WA
Old 08-01-2020, 07:00 PM   #10

Thumbs up

Thanks Everyone for contributing measurements and suggestions, the finished chart is now posted Here in the Shopping Escape sub-forum.

(I deleted the draft version from it's server, sorry, I'm unable to edit / redirect the previous post where that was linked)

Tags
e21ne, e21ne owner