Gray tank leak - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2022, 11:35 AM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnfrombigt View Post
Hey "Padre" I tried twice to PM my phone number. If you get it let me know. It's not appearing on my list of sent messages, jn
Copies aren't recorded in the send messages by default. You must click this box, below the message. Did you?
Attached Thumbnails
~Capture.JPG  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 11:50 AM   #22

Trailer: 2019 Escape 5.0TA "SCRATCH" First 5.0 TA registered in South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Copies aren't recorded in the send messages by default. You must click this box, below the message. Did you?
Nope, didn't do that. Thanks jn
Old 11-23-2022, 10:39 AM   #23

Trailer: looking to buy used
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnfrombigt View Post
Appears that a gray tank pipe flange separated from the gray tank. Any recommendations on repair sealant? Thanks jn
I had the same issue. I got a repair kit from Escape which included a new coupling,pipe,sealant and rubber slice pipe . Adding the rubber slice takes off the pressure on the solid pipe which causes the problem . There is no flex in the piping where as the tank flexes with weight.
mike o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 11:42 AM   #24
jmb

Trailer: 2018 5.0
I had the same problem with my 2019 5.0. ( bad fittings ) all 4 of mine were broken. Escape provided parts and instructions for the repairs. The hard part is removing the
broken fittings without damaging the tank.
jmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 10:11 PM   #25

Trailer: 2019 5 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb View Post
I had the same problem with my 2019 5.0. ( bad fittings ) all 4 of mine were broken. Escape provided parts and instructions for the repairs. The hard part is removing the
broken fittings without damaging the tank.
you say all 4 fittings on your 5.0. I can only find the kitchen sink, the bathroom and the outlet. what is your 4th connection that broke. I am currently working on the kitchen one and having issues with the clearance from the fitting to the cabinet being very tight.
Greg and Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 06:44 AM   #26

Trailer: 2019 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg and Kathy View Post
you say all 4 fittings on your 5.0. I can only find the kitchen sink, the bathroom and the outlet. what is your 4th connection that broke. I am currently working on the kitchen one and having issues with the clearance from the fitting to the cabinet being very tight.

The 4th will be the 1.5" vent line that comes out the top of the tank. Its prone to shearing off right at the threads flush with the tank. In our E19 its located in the wall behind the bathroom. I'm not sure about a 5.0. Three of the four fittings were broken in our E19.
Chamberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM   #27

Trailer: 2019 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg and Kathy View Post
I am currently working on the kitchen one and having issues with the clearance from the fitting to the cabinet being very tight.

I'm not sure if you're referring to inside the cabinets being tight or below the trailer being tight. If its the latter, I used a 1.5" flex elbow and custom short PVC fittings to accomplish the connection. I also used a 1.5" flex coupling in the vertical piping section above the floor in the cabinet to give an extremely flexible solution.

Look in this thread, post #42 for my pictures of the 90deg flex in the kitchen sink drain under the trailer.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...k-20737-3.html
Chamberman is offline   Reply With Quote