Gray Tank Question - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2020, 08:37 AM   #21

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA The Glass Inn
Thanks for the help. Odor happens between campsites, all windows closed, only thing open is the max-fan. Temperature is probably also a factor, we started our trip in Joshua Tree, it was hot. I think bumping down the road pushes the water out of the traps. Once the trailer is set up no problem with smell. I also have a problem discussing holding tanks and blueberry pie!
One more sort of off topic question. Whoever came up with the quote “ Easy as pie “ Pie is not easy, it is hard. Thanks again!
rmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 08:54 AM   #22

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmitch View Post
Thanks for the help. Odor happens between campsites, all windows closed, only thing open is the max-fan. Temperature is probably also a factor, we started our trip in Joshua Tree, it was hot. I think bumping down the road pushes the water out of the traps. Once the trailer is set up no problem with smell. I also have a problem discussing holding tanks and blueberry pie!
One more sort of off topic question. Whoever came up with the quote “ Easy as pie “ Pie is not easy, it is hard. Thanks again!
My wife's pies ( bless her) were soft. When we were kids we stuckm our face in them at the county fair.
Old 09-09-2020, 11:11 AM   #23

Trailer: Escape 19 (Sep 15)
We've been on the road for 8 weeks now, in warm temperatures, both on and off hookups. It's clear that when the gray tank is nearing full, the funky smell enters our 19 gen1 trailer. It is strongest in the overhead cabinets over the kitchen sink, and so I assume the vent is somehow leaking internally. We do get some funk in the below sink cabinets as well. I have just learned to accept it as a strong reminder to get the tanks dumped before you find a wet shower pan.

Thanks
Brad
elwoodaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 11:23 AM   #24

Trailer: Escape 21
Speaking of showers. Our camper stunk like sewage, until I screwed the shower drain plug down good and finger tight.
Old 09-09-2020, 12:48 PM   #25

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 "Bubbles"
Tank treatment

I use this product in Canada, it’s environmentally friendly and helps clean the sensors. Use it once a year at the end of the season and a little bit of the toilet chemical down the sink every time I go out. Never had any smells.

https://www.rona.ca/en/rv-boss-holdi...r-1775-3244001
grantpallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 10:07 AM   #26

Trailer: 2006 Escape
I put a teaspoon of baking side down my sink drain before we use it. Seems to work.
Judy Duggan is offline   Reply With Quote