Handling isolation - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2020, 05:14 PM   #1

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Handling isolation

The state parks are closed, the malls are closing, the bars, museums, libraries, the restaurants and now the borders are closed. Isolation now in charge. We must not let that deter us.

My trailer is still in the shop. Drove by today to see if they are closed. Gates were open. ET19 however, was parked snuggly off to the side between two fancy RV’s. I don’t think they are working on it. Fine. I’m not going anywhere. But what to do? I can play tug of war in the yard with Josie for only so long. Cannot start spending the day riding this computer. That immobility I am certain will make me pay a price of waking up at night to the intensity of the Charlie Horse. Hate that.

I hear TV productions are shutting down. Saw last night Stephen Colbert is phoning it in, reduced to taping his show from his bathtub and his patio. Our WalMart nearby is closed indefinitely but that’s because they had a serious roof fire a couple days ago. I have canceled three medical appointments. Why go for routine stuff into a hospital full of sick people?

Instead of the usual seven, even the county dump here is closed, until as promised they open the dump for two days. Six bags of household trash and the recyclables will stay in the truck until then. Costco in the big town has no paper products, no dog food, and other stuff. I did get a couple bags of frozen ravioli and Won Ton dumplings there, coffee and cans of soup. Should have also gotten a big bag of potatoes.

I noticed the portable step I made for the trailer had begun to rot. Paint don’t protect against water when the plywood isn’t exterior grade. What better time to build another portable step for the trailer? Ah, the refuge of the table saw. Rushed out to a local hardware store for some spar varnish, before they are closed. New step is lighter, and prettier, too.
Attached Thumbnails
step2.jpg  
Old 03-18-2020, 05:39 PM   #2

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Myron: This is getting crazy. Let me know if you want some more Pork Roll from Jersey. As long as Shoprite stays open and UPS is running we’re good. As Billy Joel said maybe it will make you forget about life for awhile.

Beautiful trailer step also.
Old 03-18-2020, 06:05 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Myron, I find that Gatorade stops Charlie from visiting. Also here is a picture of how the bears are handling social distance.....
Attached Thumbnails
polarbears_PBI.jpg  
Old 03-18-2020, 07:06 PM   #4

Trailer: 21’ 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Myron: This is getting crazy. Let me know if you want some more Pork Roll from Jersey. As long as Shoprite stays open and UPS is running we’re good. As Billy Joel said maybe it will make you forget about life for awhile.

Beautiful trailer step also.

Pork Roll? Yum!!! How does it travel well, through the mail? Packed in ice? I love that stuff! We also like scrapple... But I suppose that’s more difficult to mail. I grew up in Jersey and miss some of it’s crazy foods! I’ll have to get my family to send me some....
Artlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 07:46 PM   #5

Scrapple, that is my middle name, always cook the bacon first and then use the grease for the scrapple and spam. Here is a picture of some spam/scrapple at the Mississippi River Rally last September. Never leave home without my Rapa scrapple....
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8872.jpeg   IMG_8873.jpeg  
Old 03-18-2020, 07:50 PM   #6

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Jim makes the best scrapple I’ve ever tasted
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 08:00 PM   #7

Trailer: ?
Making good use of the downtime.

Had wheel bearing packed and brakes adjusted.
Emptied every storage area. Cleaned it, put in the basement any non-emergency stuff I didn’t used last year then put stuff back neater than I found it.
Probably lightened the trailer by 50#. I had enough leveling blocks to level half the campground. Now only 1/4.

Now when it’s advisable to do so, we are ready to go.
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 08:01 PM   #8

Thanks, it is all how you cook it. Scrapple, spam fries, Taylor pork roll, onions all cooked in bacon grease,,,,,now I'm hungry.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:12 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
That trailer step looks nice, Myron. Wish I had woodworking skills, but at this point I don't want to lose a limb in training.

And thanks for the pork roll at Quartzsite, it was delicious. Now I'm hungry...
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 09:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Scrapple, that is my middle name, always cook the bacon first and then use the grease for the scrapple and spam. Here is a picture of some spam/scrapple at the Mississippi River Rally last September. Never leave home without my Rapa scrapple....
Dang!!! Looks sooooooo good! I’m hungry!
Do you get scrapple and pork roll in Pennsylvania too? I didn’t know it went that far west.
Anyway, how do you send pork roll? It’s cooked isn’t it? Does regular priority mail work?
The photos are great!
Old 03-18-2020, 10:23 PM   #11

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
That's a fine looking step, Myron. Looks like it'd make a nice lap desk/tray table in a pinch.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:06 AM   #12

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artlady View Post
Pork Roll? Yum!!! How does it travel well, through the mail? Packed in ice? I love that stuff! We also like scrapple... But I suppose that’s more difficult to mail. I grew up in Jersey and miss some of it’s crazy foods! I’ll have to get my family to send me some....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artlady View Post
Anyway, how do you send pork roll? It’s cooked isn’t it? Does regular priority mail work?
Addie: I did some research online before sending to Myron in NM. Wanted no chance of a spoiled 3#er arriving when guys were looking forward to it at Quartzsite. It is smoked but still perishable. I froze it with two of those gel ice packs wrapped around it. Put it in one of those foil bubble bags that keep food hot or cold. Then a small cardboard box and 2 day priority with UPS. Myron said it arrived still partially frozen. The 3# Taylor’s pork roll from Shoprite was $25 (Case’s is cheaper) and I think the shipping came to $16. In reality if it is frozen and packed as I describe you could probably get away with 5 day shipping and same some money. Shipping would be cheaper NJ to IL anyhow. Then just put it in your fridge to fully defrost and enjoy.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:29 AM   #13

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Cable guys have been here three times in the last week. Still don't have cable TV that doesn't freeze the video and audio every few seconds.

Hell of a way to spend self isolation ( no symptoms - just caution ).
But, Netflix is coming in clear over internet connection, so I'm watching "Contagion".

Good movie and appears fairly accurate portrayal of a pandemic.
Old 03-19-2020, 05:46 AM   #14

Don't fret everyone, Spring arrives today around noon, earliest it has since 1896.....
Old 03-19-2020, 09:06 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Addie: I did some research online before sending to Myron in NM. Wanted no chance of a spoiled 3#er arriving when guys were looking forward to it at Quartzsite. It is smoked but still perishable. I froze it with two of those gel ice packs wrapped around it. Put it in one of those foil bubble bags that keep food hot or cold. Then a small cardboard box and 2 day priority with UPS. Myron said it arrived still partially frozen. The 3# Taylor’s pork roll from Shoprite was $25 (Case’s is cheaper) and I think the shipping came to $16. In reality if it is frozen and packed as I describe you could probably get away with 5 day shipping and same some money. Shipping would be cheaper NJ to IL anyhow. Then just put it in your fridge to fully defrost and enjoy.
OK! Straightforward process. I’ll get my family to send us out some ASAP. Nothing like The taste of home to help get through this!
I appreciate the instructions, thank you!
Old 03-19-2020, 09:29 AM   #16

If you attend the Niagara Rally in September, I'll have some pork roll with scrapple and my american version of poutine--cheese grits with ham
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1096.jpg  
Old 03-19-2020, 10:32 AM   #17

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
Quote:
If you attend the Niagara Rally in September, I'll have some pork roll with scrapple and my american version of poutine--cheese grits with ham

Now that is something to look forward to.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:02 PM   #18

Quote:

Yeah!!!
Old 03-19-2020, 12:27 PM   #19

Today I decided to inventory my vaporizers in case of need. One works fine, the other one shuts off after 5 minutes. Decided to take apart the electronics and found a screw head I have never seen before. Looks like 3 tiny propellers...Phillips nor reed work, finally a small straight edge managed to remove them. Anyone ever seen these before, foreign made of course...?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1399.jpg   IMG_1400.jpg  
Old 03-19-2020, 01:09 PM   #20

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
What is a vaporizer?