Have you fished wires in a 5.0TA? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-06-2019, 07:46 PM   #1

Trailer: 5.0 TA "Sea'scape"
Have you fished wires in a 5.0TA?

We want our new 5.0TA to be "12-volt ready" when it's built in a few months. I need 5+ amps of 12V for my CPAP with humidifier available multiple places. We also need places to power our chargers, some of which now can draw up to 8 amps. I can't afford to have Escape wire everything I might possibly need. So I'm wondering what I might be able to do myself.

Who has figured out how to fish 12V wires around in a 5.0TA? What have you installed?

I'd like to know, and I'll bet others do to. Here's a start on WHERE someone might have fishing experience:

1. From the battery (under rear passenger bench) to the converter (under rear driver bench) in a 5.0TA with a Standard dinette (no bench along the back wall). How do you get wires from one side to the other?

2. From the converter up to the space above the refrigerator. That space above the fridge looks like a great place for remote equipment displays.

3. Up to the overhead cabinets above the dinette, to the bed area, the kitchen cabinets, the drawer unit by the door (where there's already one 12V fixture on the side).

4. How about fishing wires down from the roof to the battery area?

5. Other creative places.

Sure would love to hear what others have done. Thanks
Hawkeye Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:31 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
I don't have a 5.0TA but I've had a lot of experience fishing wires on a 19 and a 21.

So my best guess is:

1. Side to side should be easy. Even without the U shaped dinette I believe that you'll have a panel along the rear wall at floor level. It has lots of room to add the wires.

2. The space behind the fridge has a cavity, accessible from the exterior 2 ways; one from the exterior hatch and secondly from the vent on the roof.

3. Remove the vertical corner pieces, very easy.

4. Same as 2

There's always a way. Sometimes it takes a bit of patience. I now have tracer wires running the full length of my trailer so I can easily pull additional future wires through.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:54 PM   #3

Trailer: 2020 5.0TA
12V drops are $38 (US) dollars a pop. If you're spending $35K (US) or so for the camper what's another $150 for 12v drops. Sorry, I don't mean to be rude but it's a no brainer for me because I don't want to spend a day or more trying to pull wires everywhere ... especially up to the bed!
ritacasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 09:16 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeEZ View Post

I can't afford to have Escape wire everything I might possibly need. So I'm wondering what I might be able to do myself.

Who has figured out how to fish 12V wires around in a 5.0TA? What have you installed?

I'd like to know,
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritacasita View Post
12V drops are $38 (US) dollars a pop. If you're spending $35K (US) or so for the camper what's another $150 for 12v drops. Sorry, I don't mean to be rude but it's a no brainer for me because I don't want to spend a day or more trying to pull wires everywhere ... especially up to the bed!
Well actually the OP was quite clear on why and what he was asking so posting drops are only $38 a pop or that it's a no brainer for you may not be rude but it's not what the OP was asking for either.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote