Help over-door hooks?? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2020, 06:50 PM   #1

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
Talking Help over-door hooks??

OK OK So the E21C has a nice front bath..where did you folks obtain yer over-the-door hooks for that thin bathroom door. C'mon, I know you use'em
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 07:33 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Dollar General
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 09:00 PM   #3

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Dollar General
Yep. Dollar General for me too. I don’t use them anymore, however. I switched to Command hooks because we found them to be more stable. I do, however, have a paper towel holder (thanks to Alf’s recommendation) I got from Amazon that goes over the top of one of the flip up cabinet doors. Even with a full roll, it does not hinder full opening of the door. I did use double sided foam tape to keep it from sliding left or right along the top of the door. We have also found that Viva (brand) paper towels are “sticky” and do not unroll when the trailer “bounces” down the road.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:07 PM   #4

Smile Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
Yep. Dollar General for me too. I don’t use them anymore, however. I switched to Command hooks because we found them to be more stable. I do, however, have a paper towel holder (thanks to Alf’s recommendation) I got from Amazon that goes over the top of one of the flip up cabinet doors. Even with a full roll, it does not hinder full opening of the door. I did use double sided foam tape to keep it from sliding left or right along the top of the door. We have also found that Viva (brand) paper towels are “sticky” and do not unroll when the trailer “bounces” down the road.
Thanks for the post. Can you post a pix of the PT holder?? Please.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollybee View Post
Thanks for the post. Can you post a pix of the PT holder?? Please.
I will go out to the trailer in the morning and take a photo to post, showing it installed. The photo below is how it appears on Amazon.
Attached Images

Old 08-09-2020, 11:45 PM   #6

Thanks

Quote:
I will go out to the trailer in the morning and take a photo to post, showing it installed. The photo below is how it appears on Amazon.
Loks good..but does it mar the door front?
WE made one for the Casita w 2 Command hooks and a loop of thin rope..stuck it on the bulkhead above the frig..worked well but was not "pretty"..acc to the boss.
Old 08-10-2020, 06:06 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollybee View Post
Loks good..but does it mar the door front?
WE made one for the Casita w 2 Command hooks and a loop of thin rope..stuck it on the bulkhead above the frig..worked well but was not "pretty"..acc to the boss.
The paper towel holder is marketed on Amazon by Inter Design as “iDesign Forma Paper Towel Holder for Kitchen - Over Cabinet, Brushed Stainless Steel.”

The short answer is no. The piece that hangs over the cabinet door has thin black foam type material on its vertical surfaces to protect the door. As I previously stated, I added a piece of double stick foam tape on its horizontal surface to keep it from sliding left or right. I suppose that the rod going through the paper towels could make marks on the door if it flopped around empty, but when “loaded,” a roll of paper towels is not going to mar anything. The photo showing the cabinet open really display that there is an inch plus of clearance between the roll and the vinyl headliner.
Attached Thumbnails
F50B2141-2BF3-41E9-8DC8-8F6D935C863D.jpeg   3340710B-5373-4D39-A2BF-3A36307A8565.jpeg  
Old 08-10-2020, 07:02 AM   #8

Trailer: 2014 17b/ 2012 Chevy Colorado
Quote:
The paper towel holder is marketed on Amazon by Inter Design as “iDesign Forma Paper Towel Holder for Kitchen - Over Cabinet, Brushed Stainless Steel.”

The short answer is no. The piece that hangs over the cabinet door has thin black foam type material on its vertical surfaces to protect the door. As I previously stated, I added a piece of double stick foam tape on its horizontal surface to keep it from sliding left or right. I suppose that the rod going through the paper towels could make marks on the door if it flopped around empty, but when “loaded,” a roll of paper towels is not going to mar anything. The photo showing the cabinet open really display that there is an inch plus of clearance between the roll and the vinyl headliner.
This is clever use of space.
yardsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 07:42 AM   #9

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
These work great. As mentioned in many threads now on paper towel holders, we have used one of these for almost 12 years in our Escapes, either on the outside of an upper cabinet either above the galley and at times over the passenger dinette seat, and as well on the inside of the sink cabinet door where it is out of the way and not noticeable.

While paper towels are a super handy item for the trailer, I really don't care to have them hanging about when not in use. They don't look all that great.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 10:27 AM   #10

Trailer: Escape 21NE
For years now I've used a strap with a cam buckle - easy on/off - around my paper towel roll when towing. Started using it after one too many occurrences of an entire roll emptied onto the floor when I reached my destination...

When you open the door and see that, it makes you smile because of all the things that could come loose, you really lucked out! A really soft reminder to be more careful next time.
felix2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 09:02 PM   #11

Wow-mom-wow-mom

My Marital Unit doing HER version of cartwheels. Thanks for the pix!!