Help with RV maintenance - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2020, 03:20 PM   #1

Trailer: 19 foot 2019
Help with RV maintenance

I noticed the fan on inverter was running even though I was plug to main power, should I turn inverter off if I am plug in?

How often do you disinfect your water tank and do you have advise on how to do it?

How often do you replace your water filter?
Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 03:30 PM   #2

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
I noticed the fan on inverter was running even though I was plug to main power, should I turn inverter off if I am plug in?
You should turn the inverter off, anytime you are not using it. Anytime you are plugged in, you are not using the inverter

Quote:
How often do you disinfect your water tank and do you have advise on how to do it?
I just drain it, when not using it.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 03:44 PM   #3

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:

How often do you replace your water filter?
Only turn on the inverter when you want to use it.

I disinfect my fresh tank along with the plumbing when the trailer sits unused for a couple months. How to do it is in the manual, at least it used to be. There are write ups and videos on doing it all over the internet.

I buy a new filter once a year.
Old 07-20-2020, 04:26 PM   #4

Trailer: Casita 17' SD former 2020 21C current
Inverter

I am a bit confused concerning the inverter. My manual indicates that when the switch is turned to auto-on, the inverter is only enabled when the AC symbol is displayed(AC, battery, power on). When on shore power, the inverter is not enabled.
Why should I turn the inverter off when on shore power and then turn in back to on or on-auto when running AC?
I have just received our new 21C. When I went through the Go Power manual, owners manual and on-line videos, I believe it was indicated to just leave it on-auto. Is this incorrect.
md cawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 04:35 PM   #5

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Guess my post was wrong for your inverter, I don't have an auto on.
Old 07-20-2020, 04:51 PM   #6

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by md cawley View Post
I am a bit confused concerning the inverter. My manual indicates that when the switch is turned to auto-on, the inverter is only enabled when the AC symbol is displayed(AC, battery, power on). When on shore power, the inverter is not enabled.
Why should I turn the inverter off when on shore power and then turn in back to on or on-auto when running AC?
I have just received our new 21C. When I went through the Go Power manual, owners manual and on-line videos, I believe it was indicated to just leave it on-auto. Is this incorrect.
It is my understanding you have a switch on the inverter itself that should be set to Auto/On. And a remote control (combined with your solar if you have it) that you turn your Inverter on and off remotely. So yes the switch on the inverter itself should be set to Auto/On, and yes you should turn it Off when not using it from the GoPower remote display.

Edit: Here is the Inverter Orientation video on YouTube where Reace explains this.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 06:14 PM   #7

Trailer: Casita 17' SD former 2020 21C current
TTMartin, thanks. Inverter should stay on-auto, no need to shut it off. When on shore power, On the Go Power display AC symbol should be off, Inverter is disabled.
md cawley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter, water filter, water tank