How best to put the cover on my Escape 5.0 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-11-2022, 06:49 PM   #21

Trailer: Escape 5.0
Thanks,AKCamper. YouTube usually has the answer to any process. I watched that one and now find that Aussie has a new version. Check it out: . He has made a couple of steps easier now.

I think I might try the rope but instead of folding the cover first, I might leave it in a long snake with both sides and the top spread out. If that works, I won't need a ladder as the sides will already be hung where they need to be.
tom&pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 04:30 PM   #22

Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B
Putting on the cover …

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tford View Post
Put up an inexpensive 3 sided carport with some electricity and enough space to put your riding mower next to your 5.0….😜
We put up a metal carport to better protect our 17B but as you can see, my hubby still puts the fabric cover on. Old habits …
Attached Thumbnails
0A1CA9F5-4897-4DE5-89E0-11A66353805D.jpg  
LBaranyai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 09:53 AM   #23

Trailer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBaranyai View Post
We put up a metal carport to better protect our 17B but as you can see, my hubby still puts the fabric cover on. Old habits …
Same here keeps birds from decorating the top of trailer lol dang pesky sparrows ( mommas pets ) she feed them so can’t shoo them away so to speak
Old 07-15-2022, 10:02 AM   #24

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
We put our cover on our E21C thus: Tie 3 light ropes abt 20' long to three tie down sites on BOTTOM passenger side of cover.
Tie a roll of tape or other soft light weight to the free end of each rope
Toss all 3 weights over trailer from driver side to passenger side
Pull each rope over. Which will bring cover up
and over top of trailer
One person on step ladder lifts Cover over AC unit and antennas w long pole while two ppl pull ropes and cover towards passenger side

Takes abt 10 minutes. Then toss tie down straps under trailer and pull tight ...abt 10 more minutes
We tried rolling cover from front but it was difficult. Our "up and over from driver side " is easier and fast. .
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 04:34 PM   #25

Trailer: 2002 Bigfoot 21
It’s best to have 2 people & 2 ladders. I like starting with the cover on the aft section of the trailer and rolling it out onto the tongue. Adjust so the door is accessible.

Then I do the opposite when taking off the cover. Fold the side panels so everything is on the roof. Roll from tongue aft. Have a large stuff bag for the cover. If you’re consistent, you’ll know where the door opening is located.

It’s a hassle, but I feel guilty when I delay putting the cover back on between trips. Even though I deoxidize & polish the trailer annually, I can see how the sun fades the decals.
Jane P. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.0 ta, cover, ideas