How do you all organize clothes in the overhead cabinets? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2016, 06:15 PM   #21

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
We see that the lens is distorting the width. The closet door looks bigger than the area it will cover. The drawers also look to be about the same width as the closet.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 07:50 PM   #22

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I can't imagine giving up hanging space. This is where we hang all our collared shirts and jackets. What do those of you with shelves instead do with these clothes.

I bet we pack in near as many clothes on hangers as you could folded on shelves in the same space. I put a few shirts on each hanger.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 07:57 PM   #23
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I can't imagine giving up hanging space. This is where we hang all our collared shirts and jackets. What do those of you with shelves instead do with these clothes.

I bet we pack in near as many clothes on hangers as you could folded on shelves in the same space. I put a few shirts on each hanger.
Well, when you live in a climate where jackets aren't often required, it's a little easier to live with. We hang a light jacket on the Umbra hooks, and the clothes just get folded and put in an overhead cabinet. LOVE the pantry with slide out shelves instead of the closet.
Old 10-23-2016, 08:09 PM   #24

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:

In AZ we don't wear anything that needs Hanging...
Being in the Wild West there is kinda a dual meaning there.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 08:23 PM   #25

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I don't wear anything that needs hanging, but it's just a lot easier to grab a bunch of shirts and jackets on hangers and take them to the trailer rather than having to fold each one and then try to jam a pile of them in a cupboard.
Old 10-23-2016, 08:29 PM   #26

I almost always wear collared, button up shirts, and usually bring at least 3 long and 3 short sleeved. I usually bring a rain coat, wind jacket, fleece and a hang around the fire jacket. Sometimes something for cold weather too. Lisa has near as much hanging stuff. It is very often hovering around freezing when we sit around the fire.

Besides, we seemed to have plenty storage in other places in our 19 for everything. I imagine the 5.0 will have even more.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-23-2016, 09:41 PM   #27

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
We also have to have our closet. We have rain jackets and maybe vests and shirts and find the closet very nice. Plenty of items stored on the floor also.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 09:49 PM   #28
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
I do like the divider idea Charlie is building though. especially the L shape which can be slid side-to-side to create a compartment size as needed.
When you get your new rig, make me a template of the overhead cabinet cross-section with the recess for the new awning. That earns you a free pair of bookend dividers. I have to make all new router templates for the 2017s.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 09:51 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
When you get your new rig, make me a template of the overhead cabinet cross-section with the recess for the new awning. That earns you a free pair of bookend dividers. I have to make all new router templates for the 2017s.
You got it, Charlie.
Old 10-23-2016, 10:11 PM   #30

Trailer: 2008 17B Escape
We just fold or roll up everything we wear--and Doug always wears button down shirts....
Our closet is all shelves since we bought it---if you have never had it you don't miss it??
Old 10-23-2016, 10:34 PM   #31

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by craiginpetaluma View Post
This might help, a wider shot to help perspective.
Craig, This is off topic, but viewing your photos in post #20 above, how do you like your little awning window above the drawer stack at the foot of the bed? Are you glad you added it - given the price for that mod? Do you use it mostly for viewing out, letting more ambient light in, cross ventilation - or all the above? We're ordering the sliding thermal window option, but I'm tempted to add the one little awning window over the drawer stack to increase ambient light in that area and to help with cross ventilation when it's raining and need to close all the sliding windows to keep the rain out. Your thoughts? Dale
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 05:37 AM   #32

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 "LollyPop" June 12, 2017, sold Coleman pop up
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Craig, This is off topic, but viewing your photos in post #20 above, how do you like your little awning window above the drawer stack at the foot of the bed? Are you glad you added it - given the price for that mod? Do you use it mostly for viewing out, letting more ambient light in, cross ventilation - or all the above? We're ordering the sliding thermal window option, but I'm tempted to add the one little awning window over the drawer stack to increase ambient light in that area and to help with cross ventilation when it's raining and need to close all the sliding windows to keep the rain out. Your thoughts? Dale
Also, what does that option cost?
casejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 08:23 AM   #33
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by casejh View Post
Also, what does that option cost?
All the Escape options are usually priced out on their website, under that model's section, in the options list. But, that one is not. I assume it would be the same price as the opening window over the sink option on the 19, which is $250 for non thermal, or $350 for frameless thermal.

Your best option is to ask Escape.

Old 10-24-2016, 10:24 AM   #34

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I enjoy the regular closet in the 19. It keeps my blue blazer, dinner jacket and spare suit looking nice and I still have room for my white shirts and a couple of cardigans. In the bottom I store my wing tips and boat shoes.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 11:18 AM   #35

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Where do you keep your tuxedo for those formal evenings, Dave?
Old 10-24-2016, 11:23 AM   #36

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I enjoy the regular closet in the 19. It keeps my blue blazer, dinner jacket and spare suit looking nice and I still have room for my white shirts and a couple of cardigans. In the bottom I store my wing tips and boat shoes.
Iowa Dave
Hi: Iowa Dave... No room left for your wife's gown Eh?. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 11:24 AM   #37

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19 "Tortuga"
T-shirts and hoodies! I wear Hawaiian shirts alot and they survive folding nicely!

I learned this trick when I was a sailor. DO NOT hang rain gear on a hanger. The constant motion (boat or egg) will wear out the coating on the shoulders, where you need it most. we hang everything on hooks by the hanging loops found on most quality gear.

steve
flatpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 11:40 AM   #38

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
In the military we were taught to roll everything tight to keep wrinkles at bay and to pack uniforms inside out to keep clothes clean on the outside and keep your creases crisp.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:52 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Iowa Dave
Yes Dave, but not too many of use are as classy as you.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:32 PM   #40

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21 2002 Tundra 4x4 V-8 tow package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Dale,
Yes, everything you said. I added it mainly for more light. Rainy day ventilation is really nice since mine is an awning type. Now I can have two windows open when it rains. I use the top of the drawer stack as " work bench/desk I try my best to keep it clear so I have space to set things as I work on them and the added light there is great.

I can't compare not having one since It's all I've experienced but I would do it again.
craiginpetaluma is offline   Reply With Quote