If you have an exterior shower connection..... - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-17-2022, 07:28 AM   #21

Trailer: 2021 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Then I recommend having one of these that already have the "quick connect" feature attached
Can you add a small on/off valve to this?
BobG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 08:03 AM   #22

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoSwany View Post
Is it just me or does anyone else have a heck of a time removing the hose from the exterior shower disconnect? Only time we have ever turned it on is when I winterize. The water and antifreeze will not flow through without connecting the hose which hasn’t been all that easy for me either. This year, I had to get out a big honking’ pliers to successfully push the quick connect in, so that I could pull the hose out. Really wish we hadn’t paid for this option. Anybody have any trade secrets on how to use that thing?
If there is back pressure against the quick coupler, you may not be able to overcome the pressure build up.

I always have to turn off the faucets and relieve the back pressure. Then it will slip off easily.
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 10:54 AM   #23

Trailer: 2023 21NE "Hardley II" 2021 Toyota Tacoma (Diesel Jeep stranded us twice so it had to go)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG View Post
Can you add a small on/off valve to this?

Yes you can.
A lot of us have done it.
It’s handy to be able to set the temperature and just turn the water on and off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6A7BFF17-9730-4566-BAF0-AD81659B15F7.jpeg
Views:	25
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	65879

Name:  43DCE9B8-2783-467C-823E-4438D7D8FBC1.jpeg
Views: 306
Size:  28.2 KB
Jimrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 10:56 AM   #24

Trailer: 2021 21NE
Thank you
BobG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 07:04 PM   #25

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 - June 27, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoSwany View Post
Is it just me or does anyone else have a heck of a time removing the hose from the exterior shower disconnect? Only time we have ever turned it on is when I winterize. The water and antifreeze will not flow through without connecting the hose which hasn’t been all that easy for me either. This year, I had to get out a big honking’ pliers to successfully push the quick connect in, so that I could pull the hose out. Really wish we hadn’t paid for this option. Anybody have any trade secrets on how to use that thing?
Ours has been a bit sticky to use. Finally added shutoff valves inside the trailer because we haven't used it much.
rjbny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 06:12 AM   #26

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
If you release the pressure on the line, then removing items is easier.....
Old 11-24-2022, 08:02 AM   #27

Trailer: 2022 E19
Quote:
Then I recommend having one of these that already have the "quick connect" feature attached
I love this but $54 on Amazon Canada!
Fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 08:18 PM   #28

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender View Post
I love this but $54 on Amazon Canada!
I looked up the price difference on an American-made item I had posted in this thread, which is an alternative to the assembly that cpaharley2008 recommended:

Loc-Line 40413 Coolant Hose Assembly Kit, Acetal Copolymer, 7 Piece, 1/4" Coolant Hose ID

On Amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/Loc-Line-Cool...ps%2C87&sr=8-1

On Amazon.ca

https://www.amazon.ca/Loc-Line-Coola...ps%2C76&sr=8-1

Assuming an exchange rate of about 1.33, the price in Canadian dollars for the Amazon.com item is 9.72. The price in Canadian dollars for the same item on Amazon.ca is 22.71, a difference of 12.99 Canadian.

The same item is 17.09 Canadian on grainger.ca.

The exchange rate "mark up" advantage works in the favor of both American and Canadian companies.

I recall seeing the same sort of "differential" when looking at the price of books and magazines years ago, when the prices were listed in both American and Canadian dollars.
DGLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 08:05 AM   #29

Trailer: 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGLP View Post
I looked up the price difference on an American-made item I had posted in this thread, which is an alternative to the assembly that cpaharley2008 recommended:

Loc-Line 40413 Coolant Hose Assembly Kit, Acetal Copolymer, 7 Piece, 1/4" Coolant Hose ID

On Amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/Loc-Line-Cool...ps%2C87&sr=8-1

On Amazon.ca

https://www.amazon.ca/Loc-Line-Coola...ps%2C76&sr=8-1

Assuming an exchange rate of about 1.33, the price in Canadian dollars for the Amazon.com item is 9.72. The price in Canadian dollars for the same item on Amazon.ca is 22.71, a difference of 12.99 Canadian.

The same item is 17.09 Canadian on grainger.ca.

The exchange rate "mark up" advantage works in the favor of both American and Canadian companies.

I recall seeing the same sort of "differential" when looking at the price of books and magazines years ago, when the prices were listed in both American and Canadian dollars.

Yes, it's difficult to sort out the price differences sometimes. I suppose there could be additional shipping and other factors involved but more often than not I think they just pick a number and see if they can get it.
Also, perhaps a bit of incentive for USA customers to purchase in the USA rather than using the strong currency to buy an item in Canada and import to the US.

On rare occasions I've found products where the cost difference in CAN$ is actually less than the currency conversion - but that doesn't happen very often!
Fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 03:29 PM   #30

Trailer: 2019 19 ft.
Quote:
Excellent suggestion. We got our about 2 years ago, and we use it a lot.

73/gus
gklott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 12:13 PM   #31

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
I'm looking for a longer version of the quick connect hose. Anyone know a source?
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 03:03 PM   #32

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Problem with a longer version is that it could cause undue stress on the fixture, whereas the one displayed works without any issues.
Old 12-06-2022, 09:39 PM   #33

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
I'm looking for a longer version of the quick connect hose. Anyone know a source?
Not exactly sure what you mean but if you’re looking for it to stick out further from the trailer, you can easily purchase a straight piece of brass pipe at a hardware store…of whatever length you prefer and attach it between the hose and quick connect.

Agree with Jim that adding too much length will put stress on the connection. We added a 1.5” inch piece and it suits our needs. 3” was too long in my opinion. Hope that helps.
JeffinBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 10:44 PM   #34

Trailer: 2014 Escape 15A
FWIW/FYI, the exterior shower fixture valves were broken when we got our new to us 15A in 2019 (we knew about it pre-sale). I decided not to replace with like and opted for a Bullfinch unit which is made in the UK; much better construction.

Although it was more expensive, it has paid dividends living in our rough and tumble world where we pull the 15A into and through. I ended up swapping in a longer slinky style (very flexible) stainless steel hose and even though its 5' long it easily coils into a 4" circle for easy storage in the cargo area. The shower "head" it came with could be used as a water blaster, so to save precious water but still facilitate a very 'luxe shower flow rate (or dishwashing, etc., etc.,) I also swapped it for a $10 kitchen sink type sprayer and drilled a 3/32" hole in a small dime size piece of stiff plastic...and was able to get flow rate down to about 1.5GPM but also retain very nice pressure.

We liked it so much, I installed another on the driver's side...so now we're covered regardless of which side is sunny

For the passenger side delete of the OEM shower fixture, I was able to swap in a larger cargo door...that saved me from having to 'glass in the void from same. A win-win dealio.

https://bullfinch-gas.co.uk/outdoor-...int-132-detail