If you have an exterior shower connection..... - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-17-2022, 08:28 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Tacoma, Washington
Trailer: 2021 21NE
Posts: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Then I recommend having one of these that already have the "quick connect" feature attached
Can you add a small on/off valve to this?
__________________

BobG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 09:03 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
UncleTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Posts: 1,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoSwany View Post
Is it just me or does anyone else have a heck of a time removing the hose from the exterior shower disconnect? Only time we have ever turned it on is when I winterize. The water and antifreeze will not flow through without connecting the hose which hasnít been all that easy for me either. This year, I had to get out a big honkingí pliers to successfully push the quick connect in, so that I could pull the hose out. Really wish we hadnít paid for this option. Anybody have any trade secrets on how to use that thing?
If there is back pressure against the quick coupler, you may not be able to overcome the pressure build up.

I always have to turn off the faucets and relieve the back pressure. Then it will slip off easily.
__________________

UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 11:54 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Jimrules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Monona, Wisconsin
Trailer: 2017 19' "Hardley" 2015 Grand Cherokee diesel
Posts: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG View Post
Can you add a small on/off valve to this?

Yes you can.
A lot of us have done it.
Itís handy to be able to set the temperature and just turn the water on and off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6A7BFF17-9730-4566-BAF0-AD81659B15F7.jpeg
Views:	11
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	65879

Name:  43DCE9B8-2783-467C-823E-4438D7D8FBC1.jpeg
Views: 132
Size:  28.2 KB
Jimrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 11:56 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Tacoma, Washington
Trailer: 2021 21NE
Posts: 309
Thank you
BobG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 08:04 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Upstate, New York
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 - June 27, 2017
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoSwany View Post
Is it just me or does anyone else have a heck of a time removing the hose from the exterior shower disconnect? Only time we have ever turned it on is when I winterize. The water and antifreeze will not flow through without connecting the hose which hasnít been all that easy for me either. This year, I had to get out a big honkingí pliers to successfully push the quick connect in, so that I could pull the hose out. Really wish we hadnít paid for this option. Anybody have any trade secrets on how to use that thing?
Ours has been a bit sticky to use. Finally added shutoff valves inside the trailer because we haven't used it much.
rjbny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 07:12 AM   #26
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central, Pennsylvania
Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Posts: 26,011
If you release the pressure on the line, then removing items is easier.....
__________________
Jim
Sometime life gets in the way of living.......
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 09:02 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Canada's East Coast, New Brunswick
Trailer: 2022 E19
Posts: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Then I recommend having one of these that already have the "quick connect" feature attached
I love this but $54 on Amazon Canada!
Fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 09:18 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Maplewood, Minnesota
Trailer: 2021 Escape 21NE
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender View Post
I love this but $54 on Amazon Canada!
I looked up the price difference on an American-made item I had posted in this thread, which is an alternative to the assembly that cpaharley2008 recommended:

Loc-Line 40413 Coolant Hose Assembly Kit, Acetal Copolymer, 7 Piece, 1/4" Coolant Hose ID

On Amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/Loc-Line-Cool...ps%2C87&sr=8-1

On Amazon.ca

https://www.amazon.ca/Loc-Line-Coola...ps%2C76&sr=8-1

Assuming an exchange rate of about 1.33, the price in Canadian dollars for the Amazon.com item is 9.72. The price in Canadian dollars for the same item on Amazon.ca is 22.71, a difference of 12.99 Canadian.

The same item is 17.09 Canadian on grainger.ca.

The exchange rate "mark up" advantage works in the favor of both American and Canadian companies.

I recall seeing the same sort of "differential" when looking at the price of books and magazines years ago, when the prices were listed in both American and Canadian dollars.
DGLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 09:05 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Canada's East Coast, New Brunswick
Trailer: 2022 E19
Posts: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGLP View Post
I looked up the price difference on an American-made item I had posted in this thread, which is an alternative to the assembly that cpaharley2008 recommended:

Loc-Line 40413 Coolant Hose Assembly Kit, Acetal Copolymer, 7 Piece, 1/4" Coolant Hose ID

On Amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/Loc-Line-Cool...ps%2C87&sr=8-1

On Amazon.ca

https://www.amazon.ca/Loc-Line-Coola...ps%2C76&sr=8-1

Assuming an exchange rate of about 1.33, the price in Canadian dollars for the Amazon.com item is 9.72. The price in Canadian dollars for the same item on Amazon.ca is 22.71, a difference of 12.99 Canadian.

The same item is 17.09 Canadian on grainger.ca.

The exchange rate "mark up" advantage works in the favor of both American and Canadian companies.

I recall seeing the same sort of "differential" when looking at the price of books and magazines years ago, when the prices were listed in both American and Canadian dollars.

Yes, it's difficult to sort out the price differences sometimes. I suppose there could be additional shipping and other factors involved but more often than not I think they just pick a number and see if they can get it.
Also, perhaps a bit of incentive for USA customers to purchase in the USA rather than using the strong currency to buy an item in Canada and import to the US.

On rare occasions I've found products where the cost difference in CAN$ is actually less than the currency conversion - but that doesn't happen very often!
__________________

Fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×