If your Escape 19 is being delivered - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 07-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape
If your Escape 19 is being delivered

Howdy All
After our Escape 19 was unloaded we found the galley table on the floor and the floor was scuffed up. The trailer is loaded on the trailer deck with the tongue in the down position and the table was stored under the rear bed mattress.
We did not have a saftey coupler locking pin to secure the coupler.
The coupler locking pin that I brought along has a 11/16" shank that was not long enough. Master Lock Trigger Style Coupler Lock for 1-7/8" and 2" Couplers Master Lock Locks 605DAT
You will need a coupler locking pin with a shank that is at least 1 1/4" long such as Curt Coupler Safety Pin, 1/4" Curt Hitch Accessories K-8P to secure the coupler. Dave said the trailer was shipped with a coupler lock in the top drawer but we have not yet found it. We were greatfull that a farm supply store was nearby.
The trailer was shipped with the Max fan vent locked in the up position and water ran out of the bottom drains when the trailer was unloaded.
Yes, I emailed this info the Escape trailers as FYI.
Jubal
Old 07-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #2

Trailer: none
I am really sorry that you had issues with the condition of your trailer at delivery. My 19' was delivered yesterday (same truck) and I had zero issues with the trailer condition. There was no damage and everything was present and accounted for.

My table top was also under the bed mattress but my bed is in the front so the angle was different. I'm speculating here but with your trailer on the end of the truck I bet it bounced more. I was in the middle and probably a bit more stable.

I did find my coupler lock in the drawer with the keys and other documents.

Advice for those taking delivery at addresses other than your home address - be sure to confirm and reconfirm the delivery address with the driver. Dave had a nice, but unplanned, tour of Northern Virginia ...
ColoRockiesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Was the floor under the bed the area that was scuffed? Mine will be delivered in a couple weeks so I would like to address this with Escape before shipment.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape
Yes, our trailer was loaded in the back of the trailer. We were the first delivery. The floor was scuffed in front of the refer and the door way. The table must have slid out from under the mattress and the bottom side bounced around on the floor. Dave was suprised. We have not found the coupler lock and are shopping for one.
For those of you that have dual 6 volt batteries, the cable connecting the batteries 1&2 should be the same #4 AWG guage that connects the batteries to the converter. Not the lighter guage installed by Escape.
Dave's rig is not easy to turn around as it is 6" less than the max legal length limit.
Oh, and we hope that the export stamp does not need to be legible as Dave spilled after shave/cologne on them and displaced the ink. The odor is rather nice though !
Jubal
Old 07-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Escape 5.0 "Day Break"
My trailer is the third and last one to be delivered on the load. He should be in the Atlanta area tonight and we will take delivery tomorrow morning. I hope I don't have problems with my trailer, but will watch for the water issue. If my suspicions are correct, my vent may have been left open too, as it looked similar to yours Jubal.

Due to the many delays in delivery, I unfortunately will not be there for the delivery. My daughter and future son-in-law will take the delivery for me. I will tell them what to look for based on these comments.

Dave seems like a really upstanding guy from my experience of talking with him on the phone. He has agreed to help my kids get the trailer to its storage area. That is giving me great peace of mind. Unfortunately I won’t be able to inspect it myself until Monday sometime. I’ll let you all know how it turned out.

The best suggestion I can make to anyone waiting on a delivery is be VERY FLEXIBLE with your delivery schedule and make sure you have a backup plan.
T
itoddday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:45 PM   #6

Bummer about the delivery problems....
We just took our 2008 5.0 to DMV to get registered here in NM after driving it down from BC. And the Entry Summary Form (7501) stamped at the border was one of THE most important documents. Hopefully yours is legible enough for them to accept it!

Since ours was a purchase from a private owner in BC, they also inspected the Bill of Sale and the previous owners registration (since BC does not issue a title). New vehicles will have other documents from Escape instead. They just looked at the multipart Transfer/Tax form but did not keep it or seem to need it. They kept the Bill of Sale and the 7501 form so make copies before you head to DMV.
Good luck!
FMLNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:21 PM   #7

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kountrykamper View Post
Was the floor under the bed the area that was scuffed? Mine will be delivered in a couple weeks so I would like to address this with Escape before shipment.
Sounds like the linoleum floor in front of the bed if the table top slipped out from under the mattress. There is nothing but plywood underneath the mattress. I would suggest that they strap the tabletop to the mattress for shipping. My thoughts from 2500 miles from Escape.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:35 PM   #8

It kind of surprises me that it has not happened before this and been addressed.

I will wait until Reace returns from vacation. I am kind of nervous anyway that the camper is starting construction while they are away. Hopefully they have some good people watching the shop.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:42 PM   #9

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
It kind of surprises me that it has not happened before this and been addressed.

I will wait until Reace returns from vacation. I am kind of nervous anyway that the camper is starting construction while they are away. Hopefully they have some good people watching the shop.
Gosh, you have no worries at all. Reace is not the one doing all the work anyway. Good business owners make for good reliable employees. Besides, whenever anything has gone wrong at all in the past, Escape has made good on it.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:14 PM   #10

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
One of the reasons Escape offers 'off-season' pricing is so they can keep good employees year round.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:06 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMLNM View Post
Bummer about the delivery problems....
We just took our 2008 5.0 to DMV to get registered here in NM after driving it down from BC. And the Entry Summary Form (7501) stamped at the border was one of THE most important documents. Hopefully yours is legible enough for them to accept it!
The form is completely legible but the stamp is just a pink stain ... No way to tell what it is or was ...
Old 07-25-2013, 08:19 PM   #12

Yikes! The stamp is the most important part...hopefully that won't be a fatal problem with registering a new trailer. I think it would have been a show stopper for ours since it was used and we imported it ourselves. Guess you'll find out soon.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoRockiesFan View Post
The form is completely legible but the stamp is just a pink stain ... No way to tell what it is or was ...
Old 07-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #13

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Quote:

I think you'll be okay. It's apparent when visiting the factory that they run a pretty tight ship. I don't think anyone would risk slacking off while the bosses are away.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:48 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMLNM View Post
Yikes! The stamp is the most important part...hopefully that won't be a fatal problem with registering a new trailer. I think it would have been a show stopper for ours since it was used and we imported it ourselves. Guess you'll find out soon.....
Whew. I just got off the phone with Virginia DMV. The stamp is no longer required on the Form 7501 for VA titling and registration.
(Dodged a crisis here!)
Old 07-26-2013, 08:14 AM   #15

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Tom and Cheryl,
You may want to follow this thread for some information. http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7...airs-2543.html
Old 07-26-2013, 08:44 AM   #16

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
My stamp is also blurred, but it didn't matter since NY registered the trailer with an unstamped copy and gave me my plate to take to the factory.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:14 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoRockiesFan View Post
Whew. I just got off the phone with Virginia DMV. The stamp is no longer required on the Form 7501 for VA titling and registration.
(Dodged a crisis here!)
Great! Glad that is the case. DMV has different rules when the trailer is new and purchased directly from the manufacturer. Here in New Mexico, with our used trailer, we were told that they could not give us a plate or registration without physically inspecting the VIN and examining the import papers and title. But if it had been new from the manufacturer they could do it with the paperwork provided by the manufacturer. In fact another NM Escape buyer just went through that exact process recently and was able to get tags, etc.
It is clear that when the vehicle is used they are checking for all the papers to match in case it might be stolen or such...especially when importing.

Enjoy!
Old 07-26-2013, 10:15 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Tom and Cheryl,
You may want to follow this thread for some information. http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7...airs-2543.html

We have been watching that too. Its just when your 2700 miles away and 100 miles to the closest major city its just adds a little worry for any repairs that might come up. I'm sure anyone on the east coast has had this cross their mind but we made our decision to purchase an Escape because of their quality and customer service and we know if there are any problems they will take care of it somehow. Its just a lot easier for those that can run back to the factory to have them taken care of. Hopefully if any do pop up I can just take care of them myself.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:55 AM   #19

Trailer: 17
KountrykamperYou
You are lucky to have fiberglass experts Oliver in your home state, they might be able to help if you ever needed it.
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:24 AM   #20

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Another item is you maybe comparing an Escape with your other fg camper you sold? Not to worry as there is no comparison, your Escape will be trouble free, I'm sure.