Insurance - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2019, 09:28 PM   #21

Trailer: none yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnfrombigt View Post
OK, so I contact Good Sam after calling Progressive and they use Progressive as an underwriter and I had zero problem. I was surprised because I did not mention anything about USAA and the Good Sam agent said "so you're with USAA" . He also said "so you're the only 5.0TA owner in South Carolina". USAA handles my other insurance and they use Progressive for RV insurance. Anyway, I wound up with Progressive for the Escape by going through Good Sam.
Sorry for my ignorance but what does USAA stand for?
Purplecatstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 12:01 AM   #22

Trailer: 2019 Escape 5.0TA "SCRATCH" First 5.0 TA registered in South Carolina
I've been a member for over 40 years and I still had to look it up:

United Services Automobile Association
Old 05-18-2019, 03:51 AM   #23

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21'
We used Safeco

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBill View Post
This is for a 2014 Escape 21', fair value for the trailer. My credit, driving history, defensive driving course are excellent and I live in a zip with low crime.

State Farm , no discount even though they insure the house, 2 cars and 1 motorcycle. No fiberglass discount.
$606 annual

Progressive - $488

Safeco might be $387

Thanks all for the responses.
Removed $12.00 for coverage in Mexico, and removed $38.00 for daily trip interruption coverage.

Final charge of $337.20.
Nova Kool RFU6800
GeorgiaBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 10:19 AM   #24

Trailer: Escape 5.0 T.A.
I’m a progressive policy holder too. I pay $296 per year, just in case someone was wondering about the price.
Erik65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 11:40 AM   #25

Trailer: 2023 21C' Escape
We had no problem getting our 19 insured with Allstate. Just called them up gave the serial number and we were covered when we picked it up.
Cyclones forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 11:59 AM   #26

Trailer: 2011 17B; Prior-2009 Escape-13B
I have Allstate
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 12:20 PM   #27
Djs

Trailer: 2017 escape 17b
I insure my 17b with progressive.
Ais insurance is the agent
Djs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 01:01 PM   #28

Trailer: none yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnfrombigt View Post
I've been a member for over 40 years and I still had to look it up:

United Services Automobile Association
Thank you
Purplecatstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 01:13 PM   #29

Trailer: 2019 Escape 5.0TA "SCRATCH" First 5.0 TA registered in South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplecatstar View Post
Thank you
You're very welcome. No Problem. Bet you are excited.
Old 06-29-2019, 05:20 PM   #30

Trailer: 2022 21C 'The QShip'
The whole thing with USAA is confusing, even for them.

I recently needed to insure our (new to us) 2010 17B. Since I have been with USAA for over 50 years I called them and was referred to Progressive. Their premium was over $300 for comprehensive and collision (the tow vehicle insurance covers liability). I did not take the insurance.

I then called USAA again and was told they could insure the trailer. Premium for collision and comprehensive was about $26 for 6 months. I took the coverage and checked online. The Escape is listed as an insured vehicle. There was no discussion re: beds or plumbing.

Subsequently someone told me that USAA only insures trailers that do not have beds. Concerned that in the event of a claim I would not have any coverage...back to USAA.

Today I was told that USAA does not insure RV's, which they define as self propelled vehicles with working plumbing (what we call motor homes). Trailers, which are defined as vehicles towed by another, are covered, with no exceptions for beds or plumbing.

This all took the agent about 15 minutes, research and consultation with a 'senior agent'.

Needless to say, I made sure the conversation was put into my file, and requested a written confirmation. Have not yet received it, but will follow up if it does not arrive soon.

Looks like it is necessary to be persistent and make them go back to the manual

I am a real fan of USAA, but....Trust but Verify.

(FYI) USAA is a very large insurance company and bank that accepts as members only those with current or prior military service, and some members of their families. There may be other qualifiers also. The only real way to find out if you qualify it to call them.
marant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 06:18 PM   #31

Trailer: sold Airstream\Casita -2019 21' Escape
They insured our Casita and did get a quote for Escape. Hope they don't farm me off to Progressive when we go to pickup Escape.
jumboscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 09:37 PM   #32

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16 SD (sold), 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by marant View Post
The whole thing with USAA is confusing, even for them.
Today I was told that USAA does not insure RV's, which they define as self propelled vehicles with working plumbing (what we call motor homes). Trailers, which are defined as vehicles towed by another, are covered, with no exceptions for beds or plumbing.

This all took the agent about 15 minutes, research and consultation with a 'senior agent'.

Needless to say, I made sure the conversation was put into my file, and requested a written confirmation. Have not yet received it, but will follow up if it does not arrive soon.

Looks like it is necessary to be persistent and make them go back to the manual

I am a real fan of USAA, but....Trust but Verify.
Did you ever get a confirmation of what coverage you actually have on your Escape through USAA? It should be listed under "limits of liability" on the policy and "exclusions".
I am calling them tomorrow to see if they do cover camping trailers, although their website states that they refer you to Progressive through USAA for both RVs and camping trailers. 10 years ago when we insured our Scamp we were directed over to the Progressive site.
I worked in the claims section and never had to deal with a camping trailer loss other than what is automatically covered under the homeowners policy, and that had a low coverage limit for trailers. I never bothered with trailer insurance on my old pop-up but USAA covered some hail damage under the homeowners policy.
Old 10-20-2020, 10:17 PM   #33

Trailer: ?

David said
“I am calling them tomorrow to see if they do cover camping trailers, although their website states that they refer you to Progressive through USAA for both RVs and camping trailers. “

I have been a member of USAA for over 50 years and have owned multiple RV’s.
USAA has always said they do not insure RV’s and that they have a special relationship with Progressive. I.e. a preferential rate structure.
I’ve always insured through Progressive and have been consistently satisfied.
Both my Casita and Escape were with progressive.
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 11:50 PM   #34

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdColorado View Post
I’ve always insured through Progressive and have been consistently satisfied.
Both my Casita and Escape were with progressive.

So, you've made a claim, or claims?
Old 10-21-2020, 06:25 AM   #35

Trailer: ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
So, you've made a claim, or claims?
Yes. One.
A solar panel got destroyed by someone throwing a rock off a highway overpass.

Promptly covered. Claims adjuster met me at the place where I had the panels installed and cut a check to the company while I was there.

Ed
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 08:50 AM   #36

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Am a USAA member of 48 years. 24 years ago we were given a Class C by my in-laws. To add the vehicle would have been an extra $900. AAA rates were same with motorhome as I was paying USAA for just two cars. My AAA premium for our Escape is $242/year.
Old 10-21-2020, 11:40 AM   #37

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' and 2004 Tundra
Geico had no problem insuring our E19, the day before hurricane Delta entered the gulf. luckily we didn't have to make a claim!
RBRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 10:18 PM   #38

Trailer: 2022 21 C owner :-D/ '24 RAM 1500 Limited
I have an insurance question for all the Escape Trailer owners out there. First, an explanation of my plight.

Immediately after purchasing my 21C from its original owner, I informed my State Farm insurance rep. His office dutifully contacted State Farm's underwriters to learn how to insure my trailer. Some clever guy/gal at the underwriter's department <I imagine> performed a Google search in order to determine what an 'Escape' trailer is. Well, the person settled on an Escape trailer manufactured by KZ Inc. Link to KZ: https://www.kz-rv.com/2023-products/...avel-trailers/

Even though I provided my trailer's VIN and a photo of the metal plate showing Escape Trailers Inc + VIN + whatever other info is on that plate and photos of my trailer, both State Farm and my insurance agent's subordinates all insist I own a KZ Escape trailer. I've now gone back and forth with said subordinates 4 times, and I'm at the point where my emails are just barely polite because I'm certain I'm dealing with a smug moron at the insurance agent's office who can't tell (or doesn't give a damn) the difference between a KZ Escape and a fiberglass Escape 21C trailer. I suspect said moron is thinking much the same things about me every time a new email pops into their computer.

Question: How do I persuade the smug moron that he/she doesn't have a !@#$%^&*() clue what he/she is talking about?

I'm honestly tempted to drive to the office to present a very condescending demonstration of how things are different. You know, hold up a photo of a mouse next to a rabbit; ask what they see. Then, hold a photo of of a chimpanzee and a grey whale. Then, a photo of a human and another photo of an airplane. Finally, I'd show a photo of a KZ Inc Escape trailer and an Escape Industries 21C trailer. .....but this won't work because the subordinate almost certainly would have realized that I'm being ridiculously condescending thus guaranteeing that I could never get the mistake corrected.

Help! I need HELP!

Here is an excerpt from the email I received today:

"Regarding the travel trailer, my fellow team member, Amber, had been working extensively with our auto partners to adhere to this request. However, we were advised by our underwriting partners that Escape Trailer Industries is a sub series of this company, KZ Inc. According to them, the policy is properly listed as a 2021 KZ Inc Escape Travel Trailer, as this is how they are listed in our rating systems.. Amber left you a voicemail message to this regard back in November to this effect.

Rest assured though, we will present the concerns noted again to our underwriting department, as when I am reviewing the information in the system vs the information you provided, there are some clear differences. We do want to ensure that the rating information is accurate, and that you would be receiving the proper reimbursement in the case of a catastrophic loss! We appreciate your patience as we work with our partners to get this resolved.
"
mresseguie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 10:39 PM   #39

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by mresseguie View Post
.... I informed my State Farm insurance rep. His office dutifully contacted State Farm's underwriters to learn how to insure my trailer. Some clever guy/gal at the underwriter's department <I imagine> performed a Google search in order to determine what an 'Escape' trailer is. Well, the person settled on an Escape trailer manufactured by KZ Inc. Link to KZ: https://www.kz-rv.com/2023-products/...avel-trailers/ ....
I had the exact same experience with State Farm (Texas) when I bought my 5.0. The foul-up was not evident until I received the insurance certificate shortly before taking delivery.

I placed a call to my State Farm Agent (the named owner of the agency, not a subordinate), and while she was on the phone emailed her links to the ETI website, the ETI 5.0 webpage, as well as the KZ Escape website / webpage so she could see they are two different things while we were speaking. We'd long before exchanged copies of the trailer VIN, sales documentation, etc.

At the end of that very brief (5-minutes?) call / 'presentation' to show her the difference / problem, my agent said: "Got it, let me run with this, I'll get it straightened out".

IIRC it took a week, maybe a bit more, but eventually I got an insurance policy / certificate referencing the proper trailer. My suggestion is to deal with the named Agent, show them the background issue likely causing the confusion, and let (make) them get the rest of Corporate State Farm straightened out.

Good Luck.

PS - I've been with State Farm since 1978, this is the second agent I've had in all those years, my first agent retired / transferred his business.
Old 01-11-2024, 10:48 PM   #40

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by mresseguie View Post
I have an insurance question for all the Escape Trailer owners out there. First, an explanation of my plight.

Immediately after purchasing my 21C from its original owner, I informed my State Farm insurance rep. His office dutifully contacted State Farm's underwriters to learn how to insure my trailer. Some clever guy/gal at the underwriter's department <I imagine> performed a Google search in order to determine what an 'Escape' trailer is. Well, the person settled on an Escape trailer manufactured by KZ Inc. Link to KZ: https://www.kz-rv.com/2023-products/...avel-trailers/

Even though I provided my trailer's VIN and a photo of the metal plate showing Escape Trailers Inc + VIN + whatever other info is on that plate and photos of my trailer, both State Farm and my insurance agent's subordinates all insist I own a KZ Escape trailer. I've now gone back and forth with said subordinates 4 times, and I'm at the point where my emails are just barely polite because I'm certain I'm dealing with a smug moron at the insurance agent's office who can't tell (or doesn't give a damn) the difference between a KZ Escape and a fiberglass Escape 21C trailer. I suspect said moron is thinking much the same things about me every time a new email pops into their computer.

Question: How do I persuade the smug moron that he/she doesn't have a !@#$%^&*() clue what he/she is talking about?

I'm honestly tempted to drive to the office to present a very condescending demonstration of how things are different. You know, hold up a photo of a mouse next to a rabbit; ask what they see. Then, hold a photo of of a chimpanzee and a grey whale. Then, a photo of a human and another photo of an airplane. Finally, I'd show a photo of a KZ Inc Escape trailer and an Escape Industries 21C trailer. .....but this won't work because the subordinate almost certainly would have realized that I'm being ridiculously condescending thus guaranteeing that I could never get the mistake corrected.

Help! I need HELP!

Here is an excerpt from the email I received today:

"Regarding the travel trailer, my fellow team member, Amber, had been working extensively with our auto partners to adhere to this request. However, we were advised by our underwriting partners that Escape Trailer Industries is a sub series of this company, KZ Inc. According to them, the policy is properly listed as a 2021 KZ Inc Escape Travel Trailer, as this is how they are listed in our rating systems.. Amber left you a voicemail message to this regard back in November to this effect.

Rest assured though, we will present the concerns noted again to our underwriting department, as when I am reviewing the information in the system vs the information you provided, there are some clear differences. We do want to ensure that the rating information is accurate, and that you would be receiving the proper reimbursement in the case of a catastrophic loss! We appreciate your patience as we work with our partners to get this resolved.
"
I have State Farm insurance. When we bought the 19 it took the secretary about
10 minutes to locate, value and insure the trailer as a Canadian built fiberglass trailer. I’ve been happy with this agency since 2006 with several different insurance policies. As I drive around our metropolitan area of a couple hundred thousand residents, I’ve noted at least a half a dozen State Farm Agencies. My suggestion would be to study the number of State Farm Agents in your area and switch agents. Reason : Incompetence, arrogance and being
Uncooperative. Everybody has a boss. Vote with your dollars.
Iowa Dave