Intermittent power to refrigerator - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2020, 11:00 AM   #1

Trailer: 2017 19'
Intermittent power to refrigerator

I can't find the thread I started on this, but the power to my fridge shuts off every so often by itself and does not stay off very long. Other than that it is working fine. I have checked all the wire connections, wiggled every wire, I have pulled and reset the fuses. It does this in gas and electric. I called Dometic and of course they just referred me to a dealer. When it is running I can do nothing to make it shut off. So basically I am asking if anyone else has had this problem and found a solution.
McBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 03:02 PM   #2

Trailer: 2016 21 ft. with 2013 F150 Tug
I know what you mean, the fridge in my 21 turns itself on so I have to keep the power off or I end up with a freezer full of water (I leave the doors cracked open). I called Dometic and the person I talked to said he didn't know what made it do that but said if it was under warranty he would start with the eyebrow, but since it wasn't under warranty he would recomend having a technician do some testing so I wasn't throwing away money.
grump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 03:52 PM   #3

Trailer: 2019 escape 5.0TA
I had that problem. It was the main battery disconnect.. sometimes it would jiggle and momentarily lose battery connections. Then Fridge would shut down... The battery has to stay connected. Wound up removing the battery disconnect. I'm on solar so always charging
cphoenix11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 04:02 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBride View Post
I can't find the thread I started on this, but the power to my fridge shuts off every so often by itself and does not stay off very long. Other than that it is working fine. I have checked all the wire connections, wiggled every wire, I have pulled and reset the fuses. It does this in gas and electric. I called Dometic and of course they just referred me to a dealer. When it is running I can do nothing to make it shut off. So basically I am asking if anyone else has had this problem and found a solution.
I have had that problem. Wake up in the middle of the night and it seems like the fridge is possessed! Click, click, click on and off! I think I have it tracked down to the controls on the front. Mine is one of the RMD 8555 series I think(2014 5.0 TA). I think i have it narrowed down to the control board, which on this fridge is between the fridge and freezer doors, the board gets wet from condensation and has fits! I replaced the board (the old one the conformal coating did not look good and it had cracks etc) so far so good! I may try to use removable caulk to seal up this area so moisture has a harder time getting in.
Ian and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 04:29 PM   #5

Mine is the 2017 DM2663LBX. My control panel is over the freezer and looks good. I will go wiggle my battery disconnect and see if it is loose.
Old 10-16-2020, 07:31 PM   #6

Now that I am home and have all the time in the world, the refrigerator doesn't cut off. I am leaving for a two week trip tomorrow so we will see.