Inverter, battery, or charger problem? - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2019, 02:03 PM   #61

Trailer: 17b - 2017 model
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Why would the parallel setup have less resistance, given comparable battery construction and the same total nominal capacity?
Makes sense to me. Two resistors in parallel have lower resistance. If you think of batteries as non-ideal configurations of batteries combined with resistors then the same should apply.

https://www.swtc.edu/Ag_Power/electr...l_circuits.htm
paulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 12:40 AM   #62

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulk View Post
Makes sense to me. Two resistors in parallel have lower resistance.
I realize that my post was a bit long, but I explained in detail that since the batteries are not the same, simply saying "parallel is less resistance than series" doesn't work. Yes, the combination of two 12V batteries in parallel have less internal resistance than one identical 12V battery by itself, or two of them in series, but that's not anything like two 6V batteries in series. You can use the formulas on that web page if you like... just use four times as much resistance to represent a 12V battery as you use to represent a 6V battery.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 01:32 AM   #63

Trailer: 17b - 2017 model
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
since the batteries are not the same, simply saying "parallel is less resistance than series" doesn't work.
Ok, I re-read your original post more carefully, and I see what you are saying. Yes, if the resistance is four times as high for 12 volt batteries as 6 volt, then they should have the same resistance.
paulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 01:34 PM   #64
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
I've never used the microwave in my camper. heck, we hardly ever use the microwave at home.

when camping, most of our meals come from the propane oven.
John in Santa Cruz is online now   Reply With Quote