inverter generator - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2018, 04:53 PM   #21

Trailer: 2012 Escape-19
When I was doing my Easy Start Mod. I ran across this Westinghouse 2500i. Light, low noise and 3 yr. warranty. The 3Ki generators are too heavy for me. I did not buy the 2500 since I have too many generators now but the numbers look on the Westinghouse 2500i.
Eddie
https://www.amazon.com/Westinghouse-...70_&dpSrc=srch
elongest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 06:06 AM   #22

Trailer: 2012 Escape-19
Review on the Westinghouse 2500i.
elongest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:32 PM   #23
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Westinghouse ceased being a manufacturing firm 20 or 30 years ago and has been picked apart and relicensed by several generations of beancounters and vulture capitalists.

this product recall notice says they are made in china and sold by MWE Investments.

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2017/we...to-fire-hazard

so 'Westinghouse Portable Generators' is a brand being licensed by MWE Investments, and these look *exactly* the same as those 'generac' and a dozen other brands...
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 04:37 PM   #24

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
I suppose you'd need to tear into the guts of the machines to ascertain any distinctions, but the cases for the Generac and Westinghhouse are identical, save for the color and the fronts. I'd wager they all come from the same manufacturing facility.

I bought a larger Generac at Costco a few years ago, and ended up returning it the same evening. Very cheaply made, I thought it would rattle itself apart.
Old 11-09-2018, 04:59 PM   #25

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
It’s not my nature to question another man’s equipment. Personally I am Honda fan if not the Honda machine itself, then a Honda engine if I can get it. From having about 10 Honda generators where I used to work and probably 25 additional Honda engines on pressure washers, snow blowers, rototillers, etc, I became a believer in local parts and service, durability. And on the larger engines especially, the low oil ignition cutoff, which kept the engine from shelling out if it got low on oil. Had a pressure washer once that the crew dropped the oil out of and forgot to add new. They had been pulling it over by hand for a while when I walked into the shop. I suggested checking the oil. None on the stick. Added oil, engine started. Saved an expensive engine repair or replacement . Locally in my area the Honda 2200s sell for $999 or 1,099 US. I know where there’s a little 1300 watt I bought in 1985 and she still chirps along like a bird. My Honda tiller is 40 years old, tilled over 1,000 gardens and still starts with about 2 pulls. If I needed a generator, I’d buy a Honda, YMMV
Iowa Dave
Old 11-09-2018, 11:32 PM   #26

We have a champion 3100 Inverter generator, 2500 running watts, 56 decables,
96 pounds wet.
I mount it in the back of my pickup under a cover.
I manufactured an additional muffler attachment, then an additional muffler out of four soup, cans. Giving me three more baffles.
I do not know if this has further reduced to noise output.
What it has done is reduce the direct heat output, I can hold my hand six inches from the muffler. It is warm, but not hot.
With this muffler I do not have to worry about the heat output in my pickup box.

I can plug the cord from my 19 trailer into the generator for the microwave, toaster, or kettle, not all at once.
The generator also has battery charging and phone charging capability.
Doug
Yukon Escape is offline   Reply With Quote