Lagoon table travel? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2023, 11:14 AM   #1

Trailer: 5.0
Lagoon table travel?

Just picked up my first Escape yesterday and yes, it is brand new, so excited!! 5.0
My question is do you travel with the lagoon table up?? Ordoes it have to be stowed ,,,when I picked it up it was in the bed position I know this is probably the best, but is it necessary? Thanks in advance Gary
Grasshog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 11:51 AM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshog View Post
Just picked up my first Escape yesterday and yes, it is brand new, so excited!! 5.0
My question is do you travel with the lagoon table up?? Ordoes it have to be stowed ,,,when I picked it up it was in the bed position I know this is probably the best, but is it necessary? Thanks in advance Gary
We have wondered this ourselves. If you look under the bench seat, you will see that it has a very sturdy, metal mounting bracket which would lead you to believe it can be left up in the table position. We've never tried that and instead opted to spend the less than two minutes it takes to put it in the bed position when traveling just to be safe. If anyone has traveled with it in the up position, we would like to know as well.

Congrats on your new 5.0. Enjoy.
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 12:16 PM   #3

Thank you ,,think ur right and will do the same,,until that time? Grasshog out.
Old 05-31-2023, 12:52 PM   #4

Trailer: 2023 E19
I believe that ETI recommends that tables always be stowed in the "down" position while travelling, regardless of the mounting option.

I have the Lagun table option in my new E19 (a fantastic feature). The vertical mount securing the post to the dinette bench does indeed look to be very sturdy....I don't think that would be the failure point. My concern leaving the table upright would be damaging the rotating pins/bushings due to the constant vibration of the heavy table top. Even with the relatively small table size in my trailer, I think there would be too much risk.

Personally, I don't want to find out what replacement parts from Lagun would cost me if something were to happen. It takes literally seconds to disassemble and stow the table prior to travelling.
Selkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 01:30 PM   #5

Trailer: 2022 5.0 TA
We have traveled across the country with the table in the up position. We move it to one side ( to hold cushions ) and the snug it. Don’t over tighten it! We have, and at some point we’ll need some replacement hardware.

Hope all is well, Gary!
splitting_lanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 01:49 PM   #6

Trailer: 2021 21NE
We have done both in our 21NE. It depends if we need the floor space under the table for "Stuff". When we leave it up we move it to one corner/side and tighten the Lagun mount just enough. We have never had an issue with either way.
kathytony1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 02:00 PM   #7

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
We've traveled about 12,000 miles since picking up our 5.0 in Sumas on 4/2021. We always keep the table up while traveling and put it to one side to hold cushions, etc on the dinette seat. It's worked well for us, but our table is slightly smaller than stock - all 4 corners are cut at an angle. We once cracked a plastic bushing while changing from bed to dinette. Replacements are cheap and readily available. We now have an extra.
Old 05-31-2023, 03:43 PM   #8

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21 NE
We travel with ours in the up position. But, move the table so one end is up against the back cushions. That puts it in a more neutral position instead of "cantilever" and it seems much sturdier that way. As it turns out we started leaving it in that position all the time unless there are more than the two of us. It creates space on the front cushions to sit and put on shoes etc. without the table in the way.
GregColdewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 06:11 PM   #9

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
As an Oct 2022 newbie we’ve traveled with ours in the down position every time.. That’s right around 12 travel days.

Still a bit skeptical on the strength of the Lagun pivot joints and the Escape made attachment point.

Surprising to read how many of you travel in the up position.

Grasshopper learning.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 12:38 AM   #10

Hey Rick all is better then well now that I’m livening the 5.0 dream!! What a pleasure it is to tow. Makes travel days lots sweeter. Thanks again for ur help. G. Out