Lagun table seized up - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2022, 02:20 PM   #1

Trailer: 2022 21NE
Lagun table seized up

New 21NE picked up in April. Wondering if anyone else has had issues with the threads on their lagun seizing up. Feels like one of the handles is going to break off if I turn it. Moves the thread a tiny bit either tighter or looser but that's it and won't budge anymore.

Going to email Escape but figure they will point me in the direction of table manufacturer. Trying to avoid a situation where this happens over and over as we are only in our first season of use.
MichaelS78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 02:24 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 5.0
Yep, that happened to me and it's very common...there's some fine print somewhere in the Lagun docs (did you get any from ETI?) that warn about overtightening, because it causes this seizure to happen. I learned that the hard way, after I had already done it. But I did call Lagun, and after giving me a "We told you so and it's not covered under warranty" bit, they did send me a new set of hardware with instructions on how to fix it, as a one-time courtesy. That said, the fix is not that easy, and I was still unsatisfied with mine afterwards (it worked, but not quite as good as new) so I ended up just buying a new arm from Lagun. Now I'm just extra careful not to overtighten...
Old 09-10-2022, 02:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeJoe View Post
Yep, that happened to me and it's very common...there's some fine print somewhere in the Lagun docs (did you get any from ETI?) that warn about overtightening, because it causes this seizure to happen. I learned that the hard way, after I had already done it. But I did call Lagun, and after giving me a "We told you so and it's not covered under warranty" bit, they did send me a new set of hardware with instructions on how to fix it, as a one-time courtesy. That said, the fix is not that easy, and I was still unsatisfied with mine afterwards (it worked, but not quite as good as new) so I ended up just buying a new arm from Lagun. Now I'm just extra careful not to overtighten...
Ok thanks. And I suppose this is good news that I now know what causes it and can prevent in the future. It doesn't help that we have a 2yr old and 5yr old that love to stand on cushions supporting weight on table to balance. Means I need to tighten more than with just adults using dinette. Will have to work with the kids to not lean on table.
Old 09-10-2022, 04:09 PM   #4

Trailer: 2018,5.0 TA
I'm glad you posted this, I was unaware of this and will be careful not to over tighten the handles.

I also think I will take them apart and lubricate them with some anti seize.
DanandDaphne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 09:06 PM   #5

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanandDaphne View Post
I'm glad you posted this, I was unaware of this and will be careful not to over tighten the handles.

I also think I will take them apart and lubricate them with some anti seize.
When reassembling, the horizontal bar does have an up and down side. The larger plastic bushing is the contact side.
Attached Thumbnails
A2DCB5B5-1BF3-46B6-9008-3E48773B146F.jpg  
Jwinfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 09:12 PM   #6

Trailer: 2021 21NE
Yes be careful about putting weight on the table. We made that mistake and broke the bushing. Had to order a new one from Lagun. It was not easy to take out and to put the new one in.
kathytony1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 12:19 AM   #7

Ah ok my bushing is damaged too. I originally thought it was damaged at the same time as the handle somehow (over tightening?).
But leaning on the table makes more sense as the cause of the damage.

I went to the lagun website. $30 for one handle and $15 for two bushings. Makes more sense to buy the arm for $60 which includes 2 handles and 2 bushings. You get a backup that way.
Old 09-11-2022, 11:57 AM   #8

Small update: I flipped the arm with broken handle and bushing. Now the broken end is connecting to the middle of the table. I also rotated the table wide so that hangs over the cushions 4"-6". This seems to be much sturdier and less floppy/leaning. Also better for kids because it's harder for them to really lean over the table with it extending farther. Seems to still be enough room for adults too. Will probably continue to use it this way after getting replacement parts. Not sure if turning table wide would work in other trailers but seems to be quite nice for 21NE.
Old 09-11-2022, 12:44 PM   #9

Trailer: 2012 E19
We buy Escapes to seize the moment, and we wind up seizing the hardware!
Old 09-21-2022, 11:44 PM   #10

Trailer: 2022 5.0 TA
Had same issue on our 2022 5.0 picked up in May. Lagun table started sticking and getting hard to maneuver almost immediately. After dealing with this issue for a few months, I went to the source of all fixes...Youtube. Candle wax on the posts? With a fair amount of skepticism I tried the exact method shown in the video below. Worked like a charm, extremely fluid motion, better than when we picked it up new. Also making sure we don't overtighten. Hope it helps.

https://youtu.be/ekAEmcHAtzY
KLBM in SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 02:42 PM   #11

Trailer: 2012 Escape 17B
Hey all, late to the party here - and a little off the specific topic, but these Lagun mounts ... I have an older 17B which I'm modifying and I'm looking for a way to tuck a cooler under the small front dinette, butting it all the way up against the front trailer wall. Not possible right now with the old school clunky table mount. Would I be able to mount a Lagun on the side bench front and then squish my cooler all the way under the table area? If yeah, is Lagun the best choice, or are there other brands I should consider? THANKS!
medora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 02:57 PM   #12

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
With proper reinforcement you can side mount a Lagun. You will want to plan your space and table swing ahead of installation. I think, but am not positive, there are some owner installed side mounts with pictures.
Old 09-28-2022, 03:01 PM   #13

Trailer: 2012 Escape 17B
Thanks - been looking around the forum, it’s a little hard to tell in some of the photos. I think the dinette seat box is 1/2 ply - would it need more?
medora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 03:50 PM   #14

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
I don’t know what would be needed to mount there. I used what I had laying around to create an attachment since their wasn’t one where I put mine. I used 6” aluminum angle through the floor on a raised dinette. I had to create my own mounting surface. Someone who has done stuff with the dinette wall could answer that better, but I’d probably want some bracing across the dinette bench storage to support that wall if I was doing it.