LED Bulbs - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2015, 07:16 PM   #21

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
So much for 194's fitting the stove. Someone else's did but the ones I bought do not. Each is very different and none fit.

I did find that the pancake lights are 921 which is what I thought I had heard. So will get some of those.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 01:08 AM   #22

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21 - Audi Q7
Cathy,
Are you looking for a LED for the light in the stove vent hood? I got a "2pcs 42-SMD T15 12V LED Replacement Light Bulbs" for about $5 from Amazon that works in my vent hood. I think I looked up the part number in the manual for the hood but that was 4 months ago and my memory isn't quite that long these days!
Old 10-13-2015, 01:31 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kands View Post
Cathy,
Are you looking for a LED for the light in the stove vent hood? I got a "2pcs 42-SMD T15 12V LED Replacement Light Bulbs" for about $5 from Amazon that works in my vent hood. I think I looked up the part number in the manual for the hood but that was 4 months ago and my memory isn't quite that long these days!
That looks like it will work and it is also a 921, which is what apparently fits in the pancakes. I don't know how someone used a different numbered bulb for the stove before unless maybe the bulbs are different in previous years. Thanks!! I will get one.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:31 AM   #24

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21' pulled with 2014 Silverado Crewcab
I bought a wedgie bulb from Camping World but most of the light got lost up in the hood. This thread has some fixes. Post 18 is where I ended up and I have a crazy amount of light on the stove now.

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...nt-5043-2.html

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20150410_120446359.jpg  
Attached Images

"Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
Zig Ziglar
skiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 11:05 AM   #25

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Just heard from ETI, the 2015 19 does not come with LED interior bulbs. It sounds like a 10 pack will cover it so I'll probably get these.Amazon.com: GRV T10 921 194 24-3528 SMD LED Bulb lamp Super Bright Warm White DC 12V Pack of 10: Automotive
$21 + free prime ship better than the $200 for the LED option, plus I know I'm getting warm white and not cool white.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 11:19 AM   #26

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Just heard from ETI, the 2015 19 does not come with LED interior bulbs. It sounds like a 10 pack will cover it so I'll probably get these.Amazon.com: GRV T10 921 194 24-3528 SMD LED Bulb lamp Super Bright Warm White DC 12V Pack of 10: Automotive
$21 + free prime ship better than the $200 for the LED option, plus I know I'm getting warm white and not cool white.
I got a pack of those to replace one lamp that burned out in our previous trailer. My intention was to use them in our new trailer, but found out they don't fit the low profile LED sockets. One did work for the lamp in the range hood. I don't know if they would fit the sockets for incandescent bulbs.

If your trailer comes with LED bulbs, I think they are these bulbs from Diamond Group. I haven't been able to find any cheap knock off replacement bulbs for the low profile sockets. The LEDs that come with the trailer do provide significantly more light than the bulbs Greg references.
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 11:29 AM   #27

Maybe I better wait and see the low profile light fixtures before I order. The bulbs I listed have fit all T10/921 RV fixtures to date including our 2005 Escape 17 B light fixtures and have been excellent. Did ETI change the type of fixture they are using currently? Also those bulbs you link to are 5500 Kelvin which puts them in the daylight range. For us, we prefer 3000 Kelvin or below which is the warm white similar to an incandescent bulb.
There is a brighter option if one wants http://amzn.to/1OBVdP1 that is still in the warm white color range.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:10 PM   #28

Quote:
Maybe I better wait and see the low profile light fixtures before I order. The bulbs I listed have fit all T10/921 RV fixtures to date including our 2005 Escape 17 B light fixtures and have been excellent. Did ETI change the type of fixture they are using currently? Also those bulbs you link to are 5500 Kelvin which puts them in the daylight range. For us, we prefer 3000 Kelvin or below which is the warm white similar to an incandescent bulb.
There is a brighter option if one wants http://amzn.to/1OBVdP1 that is still in the warm white color range.
As far as I can tell, there is no change. The difference is with the LED fixtures if you have ordered LED fixtures for your trailer build, which you have not.

So what we need is the same that you need, and everyone who did not order a build with LEDs. It looks as if the fixtures you want would work but I see that they also say they are 194. The 194's I tried did not work. But the ones you want also say 921 which should mean that they will be good.

Leon is talking about the different fixtures he has that came with the trailer for LEDs. That is not what you are getting unless you add them to your build.

At least, that is what it all looks like to me!
Old 10-14-2015, 06:43 PM   #29

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
Leon is talking about the different fixtures he has that came with the trailer for LEDs. That is not what you are getting unless you add them to your build.

At least, that is what it all looks like to me!
Cathy, you are correct -- We got LEDs with the trailer, and they are the ones I linked to in my earlier post. If the incandescent fixtures are different, then the LEDs that Greg pointed to may work.

I I definitely prefer the warmer white LEDs as opposed to the daylight white. But I haven't been able to find cheap replacements for the bulbs that came with the trailer. And on the other hand, Lindy prefers the daylight white. I did order a couple of warm white replacement bulbs for the reading lamps.

The other thing i notice about the LEDs that came with the trailer is that they seem sensitive to voltage fluctuations. If we have the pump running, and we are charging a laptop with a 12 volt charger, or we have a lot of lights on, then the lights are prone to flickering. This is true even if the batteries are fully charged. That wasn't true in our 17b, but then we didn't have as many lights in the 17.
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:10 PM   #30

Leon, I was aware that the LEDs were different when I tried to find out from ETI what was used. They said they could not tell me because they did not want to take apart a fixture which I understand has a screw on it? So we have the old regular and I knew those could be replaced easily --- ha, ha --- at least I think so, but have yet to do it. Just ordered some more bulbs. We'll see.

As far as warm or bright, trying to check that by ordering two different ones and seeing the difference.

Some of our bulbs have a number obvious on them. I assume you have looked closely at yours.

On the voltage fluctuations, they have a range and it is small on your bulbs. I have ordered some that have a big range and whether we want cool or warm may not be as important as that. Yes, they routinely flicker if a limited range which is what we had before with our LEDs. Can try to avoid that by looking at reviewers info.
Old 10-14-2015, 07:54 PM   #31

I think it is making more sense now. So Leon has the LED light fixtures that are installed by ETI which sound very different from standard RV light fixtures that you will have if ETI doesn't do LED's. Since I like the ability to get my own standard wedge LED bulbs, select the lumens, temperature level, and not have fit issues sounds like it was good not to have chosen that option.
I remember on my very first Scamp 13 over 10 years ago, I put LED's in before it was popular to do it. The bulbs cost a fortune, and all you could get was "super bright." They were like interrogation lights and gave off a blue cast. When you went for a walk at night the Scamp looked like a glowing blue alien ship that had landed in the campground. Wifey was not happy with those lights.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:58 PM   #32

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
Leon,
I have the same issue with flickering during pump use. Like you, I have the Escape installed fixtures and LED bulbs. Not sure that makes any difference. I do not think we have any other draw, such as your laptop, when our flickering occurs. I do not find it annoying as I understand the relationship of pump = flickering, but it is noticeable.

Cathy,
I took a recommendation from the forum, perhaps it came from you, and installed parchment paper on the inside of the lens of one of those too bright double ceiling fixtures. It is a very easy fix, it does make a difference in diffusing the light but I have not used the dimmed fixture at night as yet, that will be the test.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 09:25 PM   #33

Paul, that may have been Sylvia who recommended parchment paper. Or Charlie.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:50 AM   #34

Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A/2015 21 coming in march
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYBGR View Post
Thanks Jim;I just ordered 1 cool white[194] & 1 off white[160]illumination.For a total of 33.10 bulbs are 9.95 ea.duty,shipping & can. $ makes up difference.Will let you no which does the best job.
As I said ,I would get back to you.The lights arrived,much ,much better than theETI installed orginal.I went with the cool white.One caveat is,i had to modify the lense cover.I just cut a small knotch,with a dremel.Finally i'll be able to see what's cooking..
WLYBGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 09:29 PM   #35

This information does not apply to any Escape that came equipped with LED lights.

The bulbs that replace incandescents, for at least many Escapes that came with incandescents, are #921. I put them in the pancake fixtures and the stove and they fit both.

This is a photo of a 921 LED (24-3528) on the left and an incandescent on the right.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 10-17-2015, 09:32 PM   #36

921 left, incandescent right

The whole description for this LED is:
GRV T10 921 194 24-3528 SMD LED
Superbright DC 12V
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 10-17-2015, 09:38 PM   #37

With covers on, marked difference

Photos taken in the daytime so will have to see the difference at night.

If your Escape came equipped with LEDs, you cannot use these bulbs. You have very different fixtures and bulbs. These are only replacements for Escapes that came built with incandescents and can't say for sure that it applies to all.
Probably does not.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 10-17-2015, 09:46 PM   #38

Thank you for the pics Cathy. Those are exactly the 921 bulbs I linked to earlier except those look like white color temp and the warm white LEDs will be the color of the incandescent on the right. I'm confident I can order a 10 pack now. Thanks again....
Old 10-17-2015, 09:54 PM   #39

Quote:
Thank you for the pics Cathy. Those are exactly the 921 bulbs I linked to earlier except those look like white color temp and the warm white LEDs will be the color of the incandescent on the right. I'm confident I can order a 10 pack now. Thanks again....
That is interesting to know. I bought these in a pack of six for $18 and also bought much bigger brighter ones that I am showing here. My husband thinks he would like the ones you refer to, so I will look for those. The prices certainly seem far better than they used to be but I don't know what you paid.

Can't really tell until we use them at night as to what we like.

A 24-5050 is on the right and they cost about three times as much.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 10-17-2015, 10:01 PM   #40

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
For anyone trying to plan ahead: we did not order the all over LED upgrade, but our 21 (build date 9/14/15) has it anyway. Our thinking for not getting it was precisely what y'all are talking about: the upgrade was spendy and we thought we'd get by with changing out a few of the incandescents for LED. That way we'd have the best of both worlds, since there are LEDs that work in incandescent fixures but not vice versa.

Don't get me wrong, we're happy with the all over LEDs. I'm just mentioning it because if your now-being-built trailer turns out like our last-month-built trailer, you won't want to order a bunch of the #921 bulbs before you pick up your Escape.

Although, of course, as always: YMMV.