LED dome lights - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2018, 09:24 PM   #21

Trailer: None now
I did similar up in post 14. One thing I did not notice when I linked to the eBay website was that is the wrong type. I purchased mine through a company selling them out of Miami but they seem to have stopped carrying them. That was the recommended website that popped up when I went to to link to what I purchased. If you buy similar regulators you need to make sure the negatives can be tied together. The ones on mine are so I can use them in a negative grounded system. If you buy the wrong type they cannot have the black leads tied together that way because it will damage them. Per that sellers warning. this DC converter is non-isolated designed,when you power on ,remember do not connect the two negative electrodes together(usually the black cable) ,even touch,otherwise ,the converter will burn down/damaged. So if you do look for regulators make sure to get the right type.
The units I installed seem electrically quiet. They do not interfere with my radios. The solar folks around me often make far more RFI and that is all I can find sometimes. Why they gave that industry an exception I'll never know.

wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 01:30 PM   #22

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
So has ETI made a recommendation for an out of warranty aftermarket product. I have 3 lights that flicker (and have for some time) but I am a second owner of a 2015 21 and was told in 2017 that the warranty was for the original purchaser by ETI customer service.
paull5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 01:47 PM   #23

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
You may be out of warranty but still Escape is probably the best place to get replacement parts.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:51 PM   #24

Thanks, Jim. I'll give them a call.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:24 PM   #25

Trailer: None now
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull5 View Post
So has ETI made a recommendation for an out of warranty aftermarket product. I have 3 lights that flicker (and have for some time) but I am a second owner of a 2015 21 and was told in 2017 that the warranty was for the original purchaser by ETI customer service.

Not Escape, some of us who are out of warranty for whatever has failed are fixing it ourselves. If you are under warranty contact them and they will send you a fixture. After a year even though coverage is over for the lights I imagine if I asked they would send me one but I'd rather stop it from happening as the disco effect is annoying.

Also yours should have replaceable bulbs so you may be able to order the part and just plug it in. Mine is a bit harder to do that to. I either have to replace the whole fixture or dissemble it and solder new circuit boards in.
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 04:07 PM   #26
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
I've got those same lights as post #16, and I do note they are NOT regulated, they use simple series-parallel strings of LEDs with resistors, the only 'chip' on them is a full wave diode which insures they were no matter which polarity they are connected.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 04:08 PM   #27

Many thanks for the additional information. Until I saw the post today, I was assuming that the problems were the bulbs. At least now I can focus on the correct problem.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:04 AM   #28

Trailer: None
For the older fixtures with removable LED clusters I would recommend replacing them with these: https://www.amazon.com/GRV-24-5050-S...ef=pd_sbs_60_3 . Note that the last image shows it installed in this fixture. If the new fixtures with fixed LED strips also use resistors I would replace them too (would have to see them to make a recommendation) - LEDs using only limiting resistors are not very robust.

I was just in a friend's new 21' - very nice - and found the lighting to be good inside. Personally I prefer warm white to the cold white Escape uses, and the plastic fixtures are not particularly attractive IMHO, but all very functional.
CarinaPDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 04:12 PM   #29

Trailer: 2018 5.0
Received replacements and installed them yesterday (3) cross my fingers they last. I left them on for 24 hours like a member suggested.
My plan is to rewire the bad ones with replaceable sockets and bulbs and see what happens to them.
kfsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 04:14 PM   #30

if out of warranty look on amazon if they are the "Faucon" brand they are about 3 for $20.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:00 PM   #31

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfsmith View Post
if out of warranty look on amazon if they are the "Faucon" brand they are about 3 for $20.
My lights were under warranty. The light over the dinette bench flashes. ETI sent me a replacement, but it was the larger dome light. I asked for the smaller bench light, but was told they could not get that size from their supplier.

I checked Amazon by searching for Faucon, but nothing came up. Could you post the URL for the Faucon lights on Amazon?
Old 11-14-2018, 10:19 PM   #32

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardr View Post
My lights were under warranty. The light over the dinette bench flashes. ETI sent me a replacement, but it was the larger dome light. I asked for the smaller bench light, but was told they could not get that size from their supplier.

I checked Amazon by searching for Faucon, but nothing came up. Could you post the URL for the Faucon lights on Amazon?
Try Facon...
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_dp_s...keywords=Facon

These may be the ones you are looking for...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XR7LNY2...ing=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Facon-Dimmabl...keywords=Facon
Old 11-15-2018, 04:14 PM   #33

Two things 1. I spelled the name wrong, 2. the price is $10 each hope this helps.
regards Kevin

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...GSDBQHCZJMP5JP
Old 11-15-2018, 04:47 PM   #34

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Thanks. The second Amazon link is the size light I'm looking for. I hope it's bright enough. It has a lot fewer LEDs than the current light.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:17 AM   #35

Trailer: 2015 E'21 - 'Velocity'. Tow: Toyota Tacoma V6, 4X4, manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull5 View Post
...I have 3 lights that flicker (and have for some time) ...
I was hoping to reply in a timely manner but had to take some photographs first.

My 2015 came with numerous flickering led lamps and after poking around I concluded that the contacts on the led circuit board were mostly at fault.
My solution was to apply a tiny bit of new solder to fill in the "divots" where the contacts press against springs. This really seems to help, although after a year or two may require another soldering. It only takes a few minutes per lamp.

Also note a layer or two of parchment paper to soften the rather bright and harsh led glare.

--
Alan
Attached Thumbnails
led repair1.jpg   led repair2.jpg  
alanmalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 05:09 PM   #36

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax
I just experienced my first flashing LED fixture. It's like a strobe light. Very irritating. I emailed ETI for a replacement but how the heck do you remove one of these things? We have a 2017 21 ft. I see 2 small slots on each side but can't figure out what to do. A small flat blade screwdriver in the slot doesn't do anything. I need a fulcrum if I'm supposed to pry and the vinyl headliner is too soft to serve as a fulcrum. Help.
stephen99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 05:38 PM   #37
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
the fixtures on my 2014, the lenses slide 'out' (away from the center) about 1/4", then they can be removed. I use a plastic trim tool to get them started (its like a little plastic crowbar). once the lens is removed, you remove a screw and the LED array unplugs from the socket.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 06:22 PM   #38

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Like John said... remove the clear part to show the 4 main screws.
Attached Thumbnails
B1149868-DF96-4591-8FC8-676F05DF614C.jpg   E7F58452-CC2F-4FF9-82FE-E274A635794C.jpg  

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 06:37 PM   #39

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
Like John said... remove the clear part to show the 4 main screws.
The fixture I'm having a problem with is the smaller one in the bathroom. The lens on that one doesn't want to move at all. The fixture appears to have a gasket of some sort between it and the headliner and the switch is covered in transparent plastic as a water shield. I also wondered about the larger fixtures in the main part of the trailer but following your instructions I was able to remove the lens on those. So thanks for that.
stephen99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 07:09 PM   #40

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I believe the bath fixture is harder to remove because of the gasket making a tighter fit, but it will come off.