LED lights in dinette - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2020, 02:20 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
LED lights in dinette

We had a dinette LED light go out in our 5.0, I called Escape parts and service but Justin hasn't gotten back to me. Anyone know who the lights manufacturer is.
S&SDowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 02:37 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
If you pull any other light cover off you should get the manufacturer. I just replaced the stock lights some some new thin lights with a small on/off indicator. Very pleased with them..
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
514mBaNF09L._AC_SL1500_.jpg  
Old 06-15-2020, 01:19 AM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
If it's the same as my 19, they've been replaced by a newer revision that's almost identical but with better power regulation circuitry:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MU6ZYQY/
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XR7LNY2/
Defenestrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 07:18 AM   #4

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by S&SDowdy View Post
We had a dinette LED light go out in our 5.0, I called Escape parts and service but Justin hasn't gotten back to me. Anyone know who the lights manufacturer is.
Sunlink.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RV-12-VOLT-....c100047.m2108
Old 06-15-2020, 07:23 AM   #5

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
If you pull any other light cover off you should get the manufacturer. I just replaced the stock lights some some new thin lights with a small on/off indicator. Very pleased with them..
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Jim, I’m kinda curious why a light would have an on/off indicator. I mean, it’s either on or off. If the LED “dies,” there will be no light no matter what position the switch is in.
Old 06-15-2020, 07:28 AM   #6

Trailer: 2006 Casita Now 2017 Escape 19
look at trailer mods 5/25 2020 for my fix on my 2017 ...19 ft
dmtooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 08:22 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
Jim, I’m kinda curious why a light would have an on/off indicator. I mean, it’s either on or off. If the LED “dies,” there will be no light no matter what position the switch is in.
The led indicator is adjacent to the switch, so at night you aim for the led to turn the switch on....similar to an illuminated toggle switch.
Old 06-18-2020, 08:06 AM   #8

Trailer: Getting a 21NE early next year
Quote:
Originally Posted by S&SDowdy View Post
What is it with this guy Justin? I hear nothing good about him!

Frank
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 08:20 AM   #9

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
What is it with this guy Justin? I hear nothing good about him!

Frank
We had an issue with our tank level sensors . Justin answered my E-Mails and sent me the parts I needed . Dave , his predecessor was good but he didn’t always promptly return phone calls or E-Mails
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 08:21 AM   #10

Frank,
Until you have traveled out to Chilliwack and seen the Escape operation it may not be good to cast disparaging words. You may have to rely upon Justin for help one day. A lot of business in Canada is still in lock down mode, unlike here in the states. There is only a skeleton crew in the office as most employees are off site until restrictions are lifted. There is a 3 hour time change and office hours have been minimized, thus phones calls may go unanswered. Emails are probably the best way to contact staff. The op's 2017 unit is out of warranty and they are just trying to find out who the manufacturer is. It is very simple to pull another light and get the manufacturer. Escape must have a half dozen light sources and may not what which specific ones were installed in 2017. Some questions may go unanswered unless the owner tries to get th info themselves to another forum member speaks up, so complaining is not helpful. I'm sure there is is a priority list of which calls need responses before others.
Old 06-18-2020, 09:16 AM   #11

Quote:
Frank,
Until you have traveled out to Chilliwack and seen the Escape operation it may not be good to cast disparaging words. You may have to rely upon Justin for help one day. A lot of business in Canada is still in lock down mode, unlike here in the states. There is only a skeleton crew in the office as most employees are off site until restrictions are lifted. There is a 3 hour time change and office hours have been minimized, thus phones calls may go unanswered. Emails are probably the best way to contact staff. The op's 2017 unit is out of warranty and they are just trying to find out who the manufacturer is. It is very simple to pull another light and get the manufacturer. Escape must have a half dozen light sources and may not what which specific ones were installed in 2017. Some questions may go unanswered unless the owner tries to get th info themselves to another forum member speaks up, so complaining is not helpful. I'm sure there is is a priority list of which calls need responses before others.
Well Jim, the pandemic is worse in NYS than any other place in the U.S. From Wikipedia (regarding the pandemic in NYS): "As of June 17, 2020, there have been 3.1 million tests, 385,100 confirmed cases, and 24,629 deaths. New York has the highest number of confirmed cases of any state in the United States, with three times as many cases as California (the state with the third-most cases) and five times that of neighboring Pennsylvania (which has the sixth-most). By April 10, New York had more confirmed cases than any other country besides its own."

My wife works at home, as does one of my sons, and probably will till at least the end of the year. Very similar to the rest of the state. Schools will probably be closed till the end of the year. Gail answers all her calls and emails, as does our youngest son. So is the pandemic as bad in BC as it is here? All I have to compare Justin to is my wife and son. Other service folks I deal with for stuff I bought for the hot rod I'm building are right on the spot, though better via phone. So who can I compare Justin to? Is it just me that sees all these comments about no return emails or calls? Maybe I'm dreaming.

And I certainly don't mean to be disrespectful, that's the problem with putting stuff in text!

Enjoy your day.

Frank
Old 06-18-2020, 10:42 AM   #12

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
It might help if you addressed Dustin properly, not calling him Justin.

Dustin Dionne, Parts and Service

Escape Trailer Industries Ltd.
43851 Industrial Way
Chilliwack, BC, V2R 4L2

Tel: 604- 703-1650 Ext: 118 Toll Free: 1-855-703-1650
Fax: 604-703-1651 Email: partsandservice@escapetrailer.com
Old 06-18-2020, 10:45 AM   #13

Thumbs up

Good catch there Glenn...............I thought perhaps my memory of Dave and Dustin was incorrect.........
Old 06-18-2020, 11:04 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
It might help if you addressed Dustin properly, not calling him Justin.
Good catch is right!

About tired of working on this hot rod. Good to have a diversion!

Frank
Old 06-18-2020, 11:21 AM   #15

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
At least Justin is be the one getting called out, not Dustin. Karl has probably been trying to find this Justin guy all day.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 06:44 PM   #16

Trailer: 2019 Escape 17B
I called and left a message about an intermittent beeping alarm. The Parts & Service person called back quite soon - just as my wife determined the source was the neighbor's motorhome. We all had a good laugh.
Veewee67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 06:49 PM   #17

Sometimes I hear ringing, but then realized it is in my ears, not in the trailer....
Old 06-18-2020, 07:58 PM   #18

Trailer: Escape 19 2020
Quote:
Sometimes I hear ringing, but then realized it is in my ears, not in the trailer....
Got the same problem, but my ENT Doc asked me if it prevented me from doing things (like sleeping) I said no, he said "don't worry about it then, I have patients that have freight trains running thru their heads!"

As a new owner of a recently delivered 19, my interactions with Dustin have been top notch, he always gets back to me in a timely fashion. Dave chimed in a couple of times, but I heard there was some shuffling up there.

Larry
LarryLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 03:26 PM   #19

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veewee67 View Post
I called and left a message about an intermittent beeping alarm. The Parts & Service person called back quite soon - just as my wife determined the source was the neighbor's motorhome. We all had a good laugh.
Thanks for the laugh.
I have had two instances of calling Dustin (both before this Covid-19). Both times he was prompt. The first time I doubted his solution but he was right on.
Old 06-19-2020, 04:58 PM   #20

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
I emailed a question on the wdh and got a reply with the answer from Dustin in about 24 hrs. Works for me.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote