Leveling ramps - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2020, 09:20 AM   #21

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
I use the ... ten pack of levelers that came with the trailer.
If you're using the 10 pack levelers there is an APP from Truma that will tell you how many blocks you need to get level. I know with the trailer you learn pretty quickly how many blocks you need just looking at the level, since you're just leveling side to side.

I use the Truma app with my Sprinter van, it lets you know how many blocks you need to level not only side to side, but, front to back. If you have any friends with a Class B or C who use leveling blocks let them know about the app. It is pretty slick.

Truma App at the Google Play Store

The leveling tool is under the 'Tools' section of the app. There is also a 'sun angle' tool, I haven't used it, but saw it when I was checking how to get to the leveling tool.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 10:05 AM   #22

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
It is certainly worth having both the ramps and a set of the blocks, sites vary a lot.
Old 12-30-2020, 01:32 PM   #23

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
Were you try to use two different types of curved levelers at the same time?

As I mentioned above, pull on to the leveler rather than pushing on to it. I haven't had any issues with sliding.
Dimensions of our three levelers:
Camco - 6.2 x 11.7 x 4.5 inches (L x W x H)
Andersen Leveler - 15.6 x 6 x 4.25 inches
Andersen Rapid Jack - 17 x 6 x 7 inches
The Camco and Andersen Levelers are both advertised to raise the camper 4".
The Rapid Jack raises the camper 5 3/4"

Our Andersen leveler is now cut about 1 1/4" shorter but that still makes it 14 1/4" long vs the 11.7" of the Camco and the Camco is 1/4" taller in a shorter space. Since the Camco is shorter and higher it has a much greater angle, and it's that increased angle that causes the Camco to slide before an Andersen. Your Camco just hasn't slid for you yet.

We also carry a set of lego blocks for when we need to go higher than 4".

Quote:
His company has 14 million in annual revenue. He paid a $1,000 fine, $858.32 restitution, and a processing fee of $30.

That's not paying dearly, that's privilege.

When he sets up so a reasonable percentage of his sales are donated to support national lands I'll consider forgiveness.
I've made mistakes in my life and others have made mistakes toward me. I refuse to paint others with The Scarlet Letter. I find forgiveness frees my soul.

As always, YMMV.

Enjoy,

Perry
Perry Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 07:18 PM   #24

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndNeitherDoI View Post
Quick and dirty solution - I put a small rag under the leveler on asphalt and no more slipping! It's not an elegant looking solution but it works.
Yes, it does work. Did that the first time it slipped. Then I got some wide rubber strips only because they looked much neater. But I will say I used the Andersen levelers many times over 3-1/2 years before I experienced my first slipping incident.

I also have Lego blocks, but I only use them for underneath the stabilizer feet. If the Andersen’s do not provide adequate lift, I use a military style entrenching tool (small folding shovel) on the high side. I generally only have to rearrange a couple of inches of soil/gravel to get the tires low enough so that the Andersens will lift the other side enough to attain level.
Old 12-30-2020, 07:56 PM   #25

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyv View Post
Any opinions on leveling ramps ? Thx !
Another vote for the Andersen's. They've been great on our 21C--one had to be trimmed down by about an inch and a half in order to fit between the tires.
cityofdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 09:16 PM   #26

Trailer: 2020 E-19
Johnny V - thanks for asking the question...and thanks to all the rest of you for chiming in with your solutions! I'm stuck in that phase of trying to imagine scenarios for when my 19 is actually delivered; and leveling was a series of puzzles I recognized, but figured I could muddle through. Now, the muddling looks like it'll be a whole lot easier...thanks all!

Jon in AZ, anxiously awaiting.
Melusine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 11:12 PM   #27

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
At most campsites (knock on wood very loudly!) I don't need to use levelers, but when I do, I use the KoJacks from Purple Line.

https://purplelineusa.com/product/ko...ailer-leveler/
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04988.jpg  
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 08:24 AM   #28

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
Dimensions of our three levelers:
Camco - 6.2 x 11.7 x 4.5 inches (L x W x H)
Andersen Leveler - 15.6 x 6 x 4.25 inches
Andersen Rapid Jack - 17 x 6 x 7 inches
The Camco and Andersen Levelers are both advertised to raise the camper 4".
The Rapid Jack raises the camper 5 3/4"

Our Andersen leveler is now cut about 1 1/4" shorter but that still makes it 14 1/4" long vs the 11.7" of the Camco and the Camco is 1/4" taller in a shorter space. Since the Camco is shorter and higher it has a much greater angle, and it's that increased angle that causes the Camco to slide before an Andersen. Your Camco just hasn't slid for you yet.
If you were mixing different types of curved levelers with different rates of lift (different lengths, same amount of lift) of course one would slide on you.

No, I haven't had an issue with my Camco Curved Levelers sliding on me when I pull the trailer forward onto them. Again don't push the trailer backwards on to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
I've made mistakes in my life and others have made mistakes toward me. I refuse to paint others with The Scarlet Letter. I find forgiveness frees my soul.
The environment is very important to me. Nature frees my soul.

When Government won't protect nature my tool is my wallet. Choosing not to buy from those companies that have no regard for it.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 04:45 PM   #29

Trailer: 2014 Escape 15A
While on subject we're continually surprised how unlevel most campsites are; at least out here in the west. Whether you have a tent, small, medium or large size RV, having the site level is a good thing.

So, it makes us wonder, just what all those back-hoe operators were doing when they scraped out tent/RV/etc., sites in State, Federal and private campgrounds. Just as easy to get them level as it is 20º out...

Must not be campers LOL.
dstreight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 10:02 PM   #30

Trailer: 2021 21NE (due 4/20/21)
Quote:
If you were mixing different types of curved levelers with different rates of lift (different lengths, same amount of lift) of course one would slide on you.

No, I haven't had an issue with my Camco Curved Levelers sliding on me when I pull the trailer forward onto them. Again don't push the trailer backwards on to them.
The environment is very important to me. Nature frees my soul.

When Government won't protect nature my tool is my wallet. Choosing not to buy from those companies that have no regard for it.
I appreciate this advice as I just purchased the Camco levelers but haven’t used them yet. The environment is very important to me as well and I agree with using my wallet to protect nature.
cedar688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 08:55 AM   #31

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstreight View Post
While on subject we're continually surprised how unlevel most campsites are; at least out here in the west. Whether you have a tent, small, medium or large size RV, having the site level is a good thing.

So, it makes us wonder, just what all those back-hoe operators were doing when they scraped out tent/RV/etc., sites in State, Federal and private campgrounds. Just as easy to get them level as it is 20º out...

Must not be campers LOL.
Would you mind if I took this opportunity to grind a rather large axe for a moment?

I was in Colorado National Monument last Summer, at Saddlehorn campground, on the way home from an 18 night adventure. This was our last stop before Boulder.

As any good landscape architect knows, the project ALWAYS starts with a site analysis and then a grading plan. Or else you start erasing in the field or worse, getting creative. Both can be expensive.

In this particular campground, they did neither. They simply found some flat ground, ran a D9 across it for road construction, put in some infrastructure, and scrapped off a little pad for most sites.

Done!

And now every RV in there has to get fairly creative just to be level. Some sites are unworkable. They will still rent them to you.

This happens more than I would like. And if you get caught in this trap, you are SOL. I look at Google Maps, at least, before making any decision, if I can.

This chaps my hide! There! Done! I'm going camping. Thanks.
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 11:24 AM   #32

Trailer: NA
Using the beech lane ones and they’re great.
LoneWolf04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 09:42 PM   #33

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300
We have one of the Anderson brand and find it works fine.
Our RV is only one axle. A two axle would need two of course.
Old 01-06-2021, 11:13 PM   #34

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21NE
Make it 3 votes. We LOVE the Anderson levelers; we had to cut about 2" off of one of them to fit between the wheels. With the video camera (with an audio mic) mounted on the back of the trailer, one of us pulls the trailer onto the levelers while the other one watches the level, tells the other when to stop, and we're done. Highly recommend. Only once have I needed more height to get it level so I put the levelers on a 2x6.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:14 PM   #35

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Anderson Levelers for us!

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 01:00 PM   #36

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
Blocks vs Ramps vs Pads

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyv View Post
Any opinions on leveling ramps ? Thx !
After looking at several types of leveling "systems", I opted to use rubber pavers in place of leveling blocks. They are ¾" thick and easily stackable. I got mine For $4 from Menards and cut them in half. They’re also available from Home Depot, Lowes and other big box stores. Another alternative might be the material used for stall mats.

I bought several to use as levelers. Use a utility knife to split a couple of them in half (16" x 8") and stack them up as necessary.

Then, if I have leftovers, I spread them out under the steps to function as a doormat.

Finally, when I visit the dump site, I stack them all up under the curb-side wheel to facilitate the flow out of the grey tank.

They have a “gritty” texture on both top & bottom so that “slipage” is impossible. Also, since they are rubber, the top edge isn't “sharp” making it easy to “drive” the trailer up on two or three or four.....
LarryB. is offline   Reply With Quote