Looking for a TPMS - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2021, 03:43 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 5.0TA
Looking for a TPMS

Anyone have a TPMS to recommend? Last February had 3 flats on my tow vehicle, but at least the vehicle warned me that I was losing pressure. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I got new heavy duty trailer tires installed, and metal stems.
I have a weak bias toward smart phone interface. Thanks,
Padre.
Padre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 04:28 PM   #2

Trailer: 2021 21NE
I bought the Tymate Tire Pressure Monitoring System TM527 off of Amazon last spring and installed it on trailer. Has worked well for 2000 miles (one season). I also bought the repeater but never needed to install it, haven't had one time where monitor didn't pick up the sensor readings.
Illinois Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 06:20 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
TST 507 works on a 21 with no repeater. Used it on my last 3 rigs. https://tsttruck.com/507-series-2-rv...07-rv-2-c.html

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 10:26 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp 19, Tradewinds 24, Escape 5.0
We’ve found the tireminder to work well and be reasonably priced. Repeater was easy to install in both our Scamp and escape 5.0. Amazon typically has deals

https://www.tireminder.com/products/...r-trailer-tpms
Keith3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 07:16 AM   #5

Trailer: 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
TST 507 works on a 21 with no repeater. Used it on my last 3 rigs. https://tsttruck.com/507-series-2-rv...07-rv-2-c.html
We too have had good luck with TST. Had 6 sensors on a Class A motorhome and 4 on a Civic we towed. I did have a repeater at the back of the motorhome for the tow car because the combined length was almost 60 feet.
When we get our E19 I plan on using the TPMS with it.
Fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 10:46 AM   #6

Trailer: 2021 E21C
I went inexpensive with the GUTA system off of Amazon for $134 USD. Used it all season from April until November and was happy with it. Temperature and pressure readouts continuously cycle for each of the four trailer tires on our 21' Escape. I checked pressures with a digital gauge and they are consistent with what the TPMS reads. The setup instructions were less than ideal but it's not really complicated. The valve cap sensors are fairly heavy and I would strongly recommend using metal valve stems for this or any other similar system. Lastly, I did not need a repeater or signal booster (towing with a short bed Ram 1500 and the TPMS monitors are on a 21C).
glsails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 10:58 AM   #7

Trailer: 2018 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre View Post
Anyone have a TPMS to recommend? Last February had 3 flats on my tow vehicle, but at least the vehicle warned me that I was losing pressure. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I got new heavy duty trailer tires installed, and metal stems.
I have a weak bias toward smart phone interface. Thanks,
Padre.
Use the search function at the top of the page and you'll find hundreds of mostly good reply's to your question
rotorbudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 11:05 AM   #8

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I have been using a TireMinder Solar TPMS since June 2018 and am happy with it. I do wish the alert tone was a bit louder. I've changed the tire batteries once.
Old 12-13-2021, 01:09 PM   #9

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith3 View Post
We’ve found the tireminder to work well and be reasonably priced. Repeater was easy to install in both our Scamp and escape 5.0. Amazon typically has deals

https://www.tireminder.com/products/...r-trailer-tpms
Wondering how you mounted the repeater on the 5.0 since the batteries are in the back under a bench and it is recommended to mount the repeater on the frame. Thanks.
Old 12-13-2021, 04:30 PM   #10

Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel Clown View Post
Wondering how you mounted the repeater on the 5.0 since the batteries are in the back under a bench and it is recommended to mount the repeater on the frame. Thanks.
We have a TireMinder TM-77 purchased in October 2016. We used it with a Casita, and now an Escape 21.

The repeater has very small alligator clips and I couldn't find a place to reliably clip them to a power source, so I didn't use it at first. However, the system did not work reliably or consistently without the repeater.

So, I connected the repeater to a male cigarette-lighter-style plug. Now, I simply plug it into a 12V receptacle and toss the repeater onto the front bed in the 21 and it works fine.

We purchased a Garmin sand-bag GPS mount for the display unit as the mount supply with the TireMinder was a suction-cup style and I haven't had great luck with those.

Now, we generally just let the display ride on the floor under the front edge of the front seat in the tow vehicle. When it beeps an alarm (very rare anymore) we pick it off the floor to check it.

I should also mention that I don't extend the little antenna on the display unit as the antenna seems too flimsy and vulnerable.
Attached Thumbnails
Garmin GPS Mount.jpg  
Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 11:23 PM   #11

Trailer: Scamp 19, Tradewinds 24, Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel Clown View Post
I mounted it on the inside of the frame where the pin box connects under the bed with a Velcro strap I had on hand. Zip tie would have worked.

There is a junction box there for the 7 pin wire that leads to the tow vehicle. I used a meter to find the right wires and just connected the wires in the box. I think the nearby light was wired into the box, which helped. Took about twenty minutes to figure it all out.

We check the readout several times a day and it is interesting to watch the temperatures rise and fall.
Keith3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flat, tire pressure, tpms