Low Pressure Propane Quick Connect - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2012, 08:34 PM   #1

Trailer: 2012 15-A
Low Pressure Propane Quick Connect

Hi there, we have ordered our 15A with the low pressure propane quick connect to avoid dragging around an extra 20 propane tank. Does anyone have any advice on make / model of a propane camp stove and propane BBQ to get that would be compatible with this set up? From what I understand, the regulator on the twin 20 pound tanks reduces the gas pressure to the trailer and hence, the quick connect outlet. Most propane stoves and BBQ's also have a regulator built in, which would reduce the pressure even further. Is there an easy solution to this? Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards
Scott
Kærnehuset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:59 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 17B - Escape Pod
Re: Low Pressure Propane Quick Connect

We just use the small green cylinders for a Weber portable BBQ that we picked up at Cost-co. We love it, and use it almost every night. We also use a portable Coleman two burner stove for cooking out on the picnic table. We like not being tied to our "master cylinder" and having to cook close to our trailer. The only thing we do in the trailer is boil water. Works for us!
ddevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:18 AM   #3

Trailer: 2012- 17'B.... 2016 Tacoma SR5 TRD

Remove the regulator supplied with the BBQ or Stove and plum the hose from the quick connect right in with the reducing fitting an your good. The second regulator is not necessary. Two quick connects on each end of the hose would be my preferred set up. Some day soon.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:02 AM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA

I use a Dickinson Marine Spitfire 180 BBQ with mine. I bought a low pressure valve that replaces the regulator control. This is one class BBQ. The valve can be bought from the manufacturer. I carry the regulator along for a quick swap if I should need. This BBQ fits nicely under the dinette seat in my 19. I had looked at a Weber, as I know a few people who use and like them, but could not find a place to store it out of the way. I plan to do a review on it sometime soon, as I have only had it for this camping season.

I still run my camp stove off a tee on the trailer bottles, a setup I have had for a dozen years or so. I intend to someday have it hooked up to a low pressure disconnect too, but I believe I would need to add another one, though not positive.

I really, really like to use hoses. They lay right out of the way when in use, and store real nice when not used. The little green bottles work fine, just when I was relying on them, I always seemed to be running out. Some like to carry a separate larger bottle, but again for me I can't find a place to store it out of the way when not in use.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #5

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th

we have the baby weber becasue it is very hard to find a small grill that the regulator comes off of well. used it on our stick trailer with the quick connect/low presure quick connect and it work very well
dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:28 PM   #6

Trailer: 17

Anyone in burn ban areas try campfireinacan with the Quick Connect?
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote