Maxxair - diagnosis? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2022, 12:44 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 19 2017
Maxxair - diagnosis?

Hi all,
As many of you have posted similar threads about your Maxxair fan not working, I'll note that I have not seen this particular issue addressed.
My fan didn't work this spring and so, based on lots of threads, I took it apart. I did not see any corrosion on the circuit board and no real water spots that were noticeable.
I contacted Maxxair folks and they gave me a series of tests. The first was incoming power. With no shore power and solar panels on I have an incoming voltage of 13.99. That is above their recommended range of 10.8 to 13.6. So, they will say I need a voltage regulator and the circuit board is not at fault.

Any other experiences with this issue?
thanks
JeffO
JeffO4297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 02:01 PM   #2

I'm not sure anyone was following this, but just in case here is an answer from Maxxair about the circuit boards.
The “B” model pcb had a range of 10.8-13.6vdc the newer “C” model has a working range of 13.3-15vdc. This was in response to the coach manufacturer’s use of lithium batteries and solar chargers. Both of them can produce higher volts. Any voltage outside of that range is going to set of a 30 second alarm and a flashing green LED warning you that there is a voltage present that the pcb does not like. Over time that voltage will damage the pcb.
Old 04-04-2022, 03:43 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Will Airxell "Goodwill" you a new C board? They've been known to be pretty good in that department.
Old 04-04-2022, 03:49 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffO4297 View Post
I'm not sure anyone was following this, but just in case here is an answer from Maxxair about the circuit boards.
The “B” model pcb had a range of 10.8-13.6vdc the newer “C” model has a working range of 13.3-15vdc. This was in response to the coach manufacturer’s use of lithium batteries and solar chargers. Both of them can produce higher volts. Any voltage outside of that range is going to set of a 30 second alarm and a flashing green LED warning you that there is a voltage present that the pcb does not like. Over time that voltage will damage the pcb.
So does this B or C model relate to the numbers on the board or model numbers? So an A board might be 10-21276K and a B might be 10B21276k and a C would be 10C21276K? Is this right
Ian and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 04:06 PM   #5

Yes, I believe you are correct.
The model number they gave me for a replacement part started with 10C
Old 04-04-2022, 04:07 PM   #6

They didn't seem inclined to do that.
I ordered one from a local RV place and the price was $90 before shipping
Old 04-04-2022, 05:15 PM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 15A
Thank you Jeff for this information!

What's really strange: The OEM Maxxair fan that came with our 2014 Escape 15A works just fine with the solar fed LFP battery power. But, after purchasing a new Maxxair fan a couple years ago to install in place of the A/C unit we didn't need (removed & sold), it doesn't like the same voltage!

I sidelined the entire job of diagnosing/repairing/modifying the new fans, but need to get it back on a front burner and be done with it.

The crazy RV industry is what sums it all up for me.
Old 04-05-2022, 08:42 AM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffO4297 View Post
Yes, I believe you are correct.
The model number they gave me for a replacement part started with 10C
Thanks that is very helpful. BTW try www.etrailer.com their prices are very reasonable and service is good not only do they do hitches and wiring etc but have many RV parts inc. Maxfan stuff.
Ian and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 10:25 AM   #9

Thanks for the link.
I'll check that out