Maxxfan Failure - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2020, 05:12 PM   #81

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upfisk View Post
Thanks Rubicon. I only use a tablet and am unable to copy and repost
I just took screenshots on my iPad
Old 12-10-2020, 05:31 PM   #82

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Thanks Dave (rubicon327) for posting the pics - I've never seen them as I don't have a Facebook account.

I have to add something to Jonny Hung's info though, there is more to preventing the Maxxfan from going nuts than just conformal coating the board.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tor-14667.html

Conformal coating the board as well as sealing the hole that the motor leads come through right above the control board should be done as well. The motor lead hole is how you get condensation dripping on the board and why you need the conformal coating.
Old 12-10-2020, 05:37 PM   #83

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
And thanks to all

I received the info I needed from my query today, and appreciate the efforts of all. Jonny's info could/should be posted in the manuals section of this forum.

Moderator? Can you "make it so"? Proceed.

I do intend to seal the wire hole with some sealant, and any other ingress.

bon voyage,
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 11:52 AM   #84

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Glad to see this thread appear again. I've been manually opening the fan thinking that the lift motor was shot so ordered a new motor and installed it this fall. But the cover still does not lift. It's interesting though that the limit switch mentioned here is supposed to stop the fan operating in the closed position but mine does. So I'm figuring that the circuit board is next to try. Maybe I'll just wait until the fan motor stops working. I don't mind manually opening the cover and generally leave it open for the camping season.

Our old style Maxxfan in our 5.0 single never gave Alf nor us any issues. I've had a number of issues with our 5.0TA that the previous 5.0 never had. I'm a bit disappointed in that but know this will be our last trailer.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 12:09 PM   #85
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
the MaxxFan Deluxe models ARE supposed to operate with the lid closed, you use that mode as a circulation fan (like a ceiling fan in a home or business). I use it, blowing down on low, on cold nights when the heater is set to 62 or 63, to mix the warm air that would rise to the top with the cold air that settles downwards, makes the temps more even...
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 12:28 PM   #86

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
It's interesting though that the limit switch mentioned here is supposed to stop the fan operating in the closed position but mine does.
I'm not sure where it was mentioned but I'm not aware of any limit switch on these fans (on either the manual or automatic model). As John said they are designed to be run with the hood closed in "ceiling fan mode" if desired.
Attached Thumbnails
ceiling fan mode.JPG  
Old 12-16-2020, 02:50 PM   #87

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Did the deed

Finally got out to my rig after allowing a cabin warm up with a ceramic heater to do the conformal coating of the circuit board and caulk the motor power wires opening. I did not experience any Maxxfan previous issues, but did it as preventive maintenance, or more likely, a retired, looking for something to do guy thing . Seemed like it would only be a matter of time or conditions before I'd be beset with a wonky fan.

Jonny Hong's description and photos were quite helpful.
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 04:04 PM   #88

Trailer: 2021 21NE F2
Our Maxxfan stopped working on our last trip. It just beeped and blinked for 30 seconds or so after I pushed the Power button. I read through this tread and saw to unplug the fuse to reset, which corrected the issue, the fan is working again. Thank You! I'm wondering is there something preventative I should be doing in addition? Ours is a 5100 manual opening that came standard on our 2021 21NE. Thank You!
mfschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 03:23 PM   #89

Trailer: Promaster
Great Thread on MaxxAir I've been troubleshooting my issue with much conflicting advice.

Maxxair tech said “sounds like” motor. Online research seems to be circuit board

I have the 7500K deluxe with remote. After 3 years it just started giving me the green light of death. When you turn it on it will open up and begin working after 10 or 20 seconds of fan operation it will close and begin beeping and giving green light.

Voltage meter shows constant 13.55 volts coming in.

I thought it may have been where you couldn't turn the fan past 20% but I turned it to 10% left it on for about 20 minutes and finally it gave me the green light again.

Seems like circuit board but Max says motor, Any thoughts here? From research motor and circuit board orders are 8-12 weeks out. Going to be a hot summer!
dest360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 07:33 PM   #90

Trailer: 2012 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
This should help...post 1 of 2
Thanks a bunch for these photos. It helped me install a toggle kill switch on my Maxx fan.