Maxxfan not working - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2017, 08:14 PM   #1
LJY

Trailer: 2017 Escape
Maxxfan not working

Just realized the Maxxfan is not working.. I think there used to be a light on the panel, right?
LJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 08:56 PM   #2

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJY View Post
Just realized the Maxxfan is not working.. I think there used to be a light on the panel, right?
As I recall the MaxxFan does not have a visual indicator light on the control panel when it has power or is operating in normal mode. The only time a light is on (green LED) is if Auto is pressed. That could still help with troubleshooting.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:06 PM   #3
LJY

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
As I recall the MaxxFan does not have a visual indicator light on the control panel when it has power or is operating in normal mode. The only time a light is on (green LED) is if Auto is pressed. That could still help with troubleshooting.
thanks, rubicon. I usually leave it on auto, so maybe that's why I remember seeing the green light.
However, it's just not working anymore
Old 11-06-2017, 10:37 PM   #4

Quote:
thanks, rubicon. I usually leave it on auto, so maybe that's why I remember seeing the green light.
However, it's just not working anymore
I assume you checked the fuses in the WFCO power center panel? An LED should light up red next to any blown fuse.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:45 PM   #5

The MaxxFan does have a “self-resetting” fuse in the control panel, but to reset it you need to cycle power. With no shore power you can flip the battery isolation switch off or you can try to identify and pull the proper 12V fuse from the converter fuse panel. I would give this a try.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:34 AM   #6

Trailer: Escape 17B, 2015
Hi, had the same problem just a few month's ago. The circuit card was the culprit. I contacted the company and was sent a new card within one week. Great service from the company. Very simple install, Pat
dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:14 AM   #7
LJY

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
The MaxxFan does have a “self-resetting” fuse in the control panel, but to reset it you need to cycle power. With no shore power you can flip the battery isolation switch off or you can try to identify and pull the proper 12V fuse from the converter fuse panel. I would give this a try.
Thanks, rubicon. No led lit, I cycled power but no luck.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:15 AM   #8
LJY

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon View Post
Hi, had the same problem just a few month's ago. The circuit card was the culprit. I contacted the company and was sent a new card within one week. Great service from the company. Very simple install, Pat
Thanks, Pat. I'll contact them
Old 11-07-2017, 09:32 AM   #9
LJY

Quote:
Thanks again Pat. They are going to send a new board. but the customer service for me is less than desired. When there's no service center 500 miles of metropolitan area (according to their web site), it's especially important for customer service to be courteous to retail customers. The phone recording kept on saying this line is for commercial folks, and the guy on the line did not have much patience and guidance for consumer like me.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:49 PM   #10
LJY

Attention Admins

FYI, there seems to be an issue posting replies? it's happened with dragoon's reply on this thread and wetzk's reply in another thread.
I get emails for both, but neither posts are showing in the web thread
Old 11-07-2017, 03:11 PM   #11

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Attention Admins

FYI, there seems to be an issue posting replies? it's happened with dragoon's reply on this thread and wetzk's reply in another thread.
I get emails for both, but neither posts are showing in the web thread
Go to the bottom of the page where it says, "Contact Us", and you can write the admins there.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 07:50 PM   #12

Trailer: 2012- 17'B.... 2016 Tacoma SR5 TRD
To replace the electronics you have to buy the hole fan assembly . About 325.00 ca.
of course you'll have spare parts.
In 2015 the fan craped in trailer out at 38c. Douglas lake area , went to Kamloops for parts at 42c and the ac in the truck packed it in as the wife was shopping for what seemed for hours .
Got the fan in the trailer working ok. the truck was 2 weeks away . almost died. ...
Old 11-08-2017, 11:21 AM   #13

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
maxxfan

My maxxfan seems to be making a clicking sound and as I ramp up speed it gets louder ? I wonder if the bearings in the motor are going ? We are still under warranty . how hard is it to take motor off the fan part and take it to a maxxfan service center ?
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:06 PM   #14
LJY

Pat,
I just got the new circuit board. Didn't come with any instructions.. any tips?
Old 11-13-2017, 09:34 PM   #15

Trailer: Escape 17B, 2015
Hi, remove inside panel, 5 screws, one on each corner and 1 on manual handle. The entire panel will drop down. You will see the circuit card. Drop the circuit card down and remove the connecting plugs. You will have to cut the positive and negative connection to attach new card. Re-install making sure your wiring is tucked up inside the panel area. Tools I used wire strippers, plastic zip ties, wire connectors X2, electrical tape, Philips screwdriver. Pretty simple job , take your time. Also forgot to mention take screen off first, Pat. I tried to insert images but no luck.
dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:50 PM   #16
LJY

Quote:
Hi, remove inside panel, 5 screws, one on each corner and 1 on manual handle. The entire panel will drop down. You will see the circuit card. Drop the circuit card down and remove the connecting plugs. You will have to cut the positive and negative connection to attach new card. Re-install making sure your wiring is tucked up inside the panel area. Tools I used wire strippers, plastic zip ties, wire connectors X2, electrical tape, Philips screwdriver. Pretty simple job , take your time. Also forgot to mention take screen off first, Pat. I tried to insert images but no luck.
Thank you, I bought the parts and will try tomorrow.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:12 PM   #17
LJY

Finally got around to installing this.. after waiting for rain to stop. It's working now after the circuit board replacement. But I feel like there's some design flaw that allows the condensation to drip down to the board and damage it...
Old 11-17-2017, 07:41 PM   #18

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
My maxxfan seems to be making a clicking sound and as I ramp up speed it gets louder ? I wonder if the bearings in the motor are going ? We are still under warranty . how hard is it to take motor off the fan part and take it to a maxxfan service center ?
The noise could be from the fan blade hitting the housing / fan shroud.
I had the same issue and was able to resolve it by shimming the fan unit. Much cheaper than a new fan or fan motor .

Best of luck
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:31 PM   #19

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Maxxfan problem

We are experiencing the following problem with our Maxxfan Model 7500K SMOKE.

The fan started beeping intermittently. The cover was shut, the manual open knob was very hard to turn and the cover would immediately re-shut when I let go of the knob. The fan was running and I was unable to stop it with the on-off button. The fan reverse button has no affect, but the speed buttons speed up and slow down the fan. I pulled the fuse and the fan stopped turning. However I was still unable to open it with the manual knob. When I plugged the fuse back in, the fan stayed stopped. The on-off button does not start it. I can't open it with the manual knob.

I called the Airxcel Customer Service phone number. I selected the button that I was an owner. After a few minutes, when the representative answered the phone, I told him the above information. He immediately said that I need a new control board. I gave him our fan serial number and address. He said he will get one in the mail. Our fan and trailer are still under warrantee, so the new control board is free. The conversation took less than 5 minutes.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:17 AM   #20
LJY

FYI, I replaced my controller board for the 2nd time within the first year of owning our trailer. I suspect there's a design flaw which allows condensation from inside the vent cover to drip onto the controller. Since the 2nd replacement, I've kept the vent completely open instead of partially to prevent any condensation from forming.