Measuring for a TV for 21’ - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2018, 03:59 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
Measuring for a TV for 21’

Our 21 is completed and waiting patiently for us to arrive in April! Meanwhile we’re making lists of what we need to take with us.

On the list is a television of course. Could someone with a 21 please measure the dimensions of the space over the counter where the TV is mounted? It doesn’t do any good to know TV sizes because the outside dimensions don’t directly relate to screen size. A 24” screen with little framing could be the same size as a 22” with wide framing.

Thanks so much!
BluebirdHazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:11 PM   #2

Trying again! Is anyone in their 21 who has a measuring tape? I guess what I’m looking for is the measurement of the wall where the TV sits.

Thanks!
Old 01-13-2018, 03:38 PM   #3

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21' and 2017 F150 3.5 eco boost
I have a 21 on order soon to be picked up. If you go to the ETI site and click on the 21 foot model, then scroll down to layouts, then floorplan with measurements, click on that you get all the measurements. The two drawer cabinet is 23.25 deep. The microwave cabinet is 23 inches. So I think these confirm you have 23 inches. I am buying a Samsung from Costco that is 22.1 inches wide (actual cabinet width) It is considered a 24 inch TV. Hope this helps.
oldsalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:25 PM   #4

Trailer: 21' Escape Trailer (June 2018)
I am looking at the very same tv for a 21' which we will pick up in early June. I am wondering if it would make sense to install a non articulating mount on the wall for viewing from the bed. I have no interest in watching from the dinette, so the tv could be fixed in one position. I am also wondering if this configuration would allow for the tv to be permanent. The tv weighs 9.3 lbs.
Bob in Bend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:28 PM   #5

Oldsalt, thanks for that. I didn’t know they showed measurements. So helpful! Perhaps we’ll look at the Samsung model at Costco too.

Bob in Bend, we’ll only watch movies from the bed so don’t need the TV to swivel either. It might be a space saver to just attach it to that wall.

So many new 21s will be hitting the road this year!!!
Old 08-03-2018, 06:26 AM   #6

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21 - "Here We Go Again"
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsalt View Post
I have a 21 on order soon to be picked up. If you go to the ETI site and click on the 21 foot model, then scroll down to layouts, then floorplan with measurements, click on that you get all the measurements. The two drawer cabinet is 23.25 deep. The microwave cabinet is 23 inches. So I think these confirm you have 23 inches. I am buying a Samsung from Costco that is 22.1 inches wide (actual cabinet width) It is considered a 24 inch TV. Hope this helps.
We will be picking up our 21' in November. We have looked at the television you are talking about and really like it. Just wanted to know how the Samsung television worked out for you. Do you have any photos you would care to share? Seems like 22" inch tv's are hard to find unless you go with some off brand.
Thanks! 😃
gwvwadc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 07:39 AM   #7

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
See here for some info http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f9...tml#post257030
Old 08-03-2018, 08:47 AM   #8

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
I bought this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It is 12 Volt. My only complaint is that the volume is a little low. Of course my hearing is not anywhere what it used to be.
James Gang is offline   Reply With Quote