mounting tv bracket 19' 2016 Escape - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-28-2016, 06:00 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita 2008
mounting tv bracket 19' 2016 Escape

Where is the best place to mount the bracket that holds the tv (19")? The DVD/CD/Radio player was mounted by Escape over the bed, by the large frig.
canoeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 07:57 PM   #2

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Quote:
Originally Posted by canoeman View Post
Where is the best place to mount the bracket that holds the tv (19")? The DVD/CD/Radio player was mounted by Escape over the bed, by the large frig.
I didn't like the refrig wall install so used a Pro Mounts undercabinet mount and put it back in the corner over the bed, visible from the dinette without swinging an arm around and fooling with dangling wires.

Pix if you want.

Greg
Old 06-29-2016, 07:40 AM   #3

Larry (canoeman)

Thanks for your reply! Not sure what "pro mounts" are. A picture would be very helpful.
thank you for taking the time!
Larry
Old 06-29-2016, 12:57 PM   #4

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggo View Post
I didn't like the refrig wall install so used a Pro Mounts undercabinet mount and put it back in the corner over the bed, visible from the dinette without swinging an arm around and fooling with dangling wires.
Quote:
Not sure what "pro mounts" are.
Presumably Promounts, but I don't see anything to attach to the bottom of an overhead cabinet, which is what I would guess "undercabinet" would mean.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 02:48 PM   #5

It screws into the bottom of the cabinet and hangs down. There's plenty of wood in there to anchor it but you'll need power and access to a connection. I had all that run during the build.

Get you a picture when I get to my laptop. Trailer just sold so I can't just take a new photo.

Greg
Old 06-29-2016, 04:13 PM   #6

Greg

Quote:
It screws into the bottom of the cabinet and hangs down. There's plenty of wood in there to anchor it but you'll need power and access to a connection. I had all that run during the build.

Get you a picture when I get to my laptop. Trailer just sold so I can't just take a new photo.

Greg
Greg, thanks for your reply. I had Escape put in the connection for the Colfax cord/cable TV and a outlet on the wall where the frig. is in. They also installed the DVD/CD/Radio player in that corner also, but would not hang the bracket for the tv. Looking towards the front of the trailer it's in the left side overhead cabinet above the bed. Would love to see how you did it when you get a chance to send a picture. Thanks for your help!
Old 06-29-2016, 11:59 PM   #7

This is best I can get today. The mount is made by Premier Mounts, well I was close. $48 for a black one from Amazon. The chrome one looks best but has been discontinued, I have one if you want it. PM and we can talk about that.

I also made a shelf that dropped down from the overhead cabinet above the back window where I stashed a blu-ray and sat receiver. Overall, it was a really decent setup that worked well and looked good.

Try to get a picture posted tomorrow.

I'm using a locking wall mount on the fridge wall of my 21, not a drop down mount because it wouldn't work with a U-shaped dinette back there. A drop down mount in the back d/s corner of a 19 is really a nice, versatile location.

Greg
Attached Thumbnails
flip-clean_grande_2_995f6d25-1afa-4d82-989c-ad13ba5af80a.jpg  
Old 06-30-2016, 07:53 AM   #8

canoeman

Quote:
This is best I can get today. The mount is made by Premier Mounts, well I was close. $48 for a black one from Amazon. The chrome one looks best but has been discontinued, I have one if you want it. PM and we can talk about that.

I also made a shelf that dropped down from the overhead cabinet above the back window where I stashed a blu-ray and sat receiver. Overall, it was a really decent setup that worked well and looked good.

Try to get a picture posted tomorrow.

I'm using a locking wall mount on the fridge wall of my 21, not a drop down mount because it wouldn't work with a U-shaped dinette back there. A drop down mount in the back d/s corner of a 19 is really a nice, versatile location.

Greg
Greg, thanks for the picture. Escape sold us a mount that looks somewhat like the one in your picture that you sent, except it's a wall mount not a overhead mount. So, from what I am seeing and hearing is that I WILL HAVE to put my wall mount in the corner where the frig. is and low enough where it fits in below the cabinet and above the bed. Does that sound right? Doing that we will not be able to watch the TV from our dining table, which is no big deal, but it would have been nice if we could have. Do you know if that corner has enough support in it to hold the weight of a 19" TV? I'm new at this and drilling holes in the wall especially by the frig. makes me nervous.
thanks for your help, looking forward to your other picture when you have the time.
thanks again!
Larry
Old 06-30-2016, 09:29 AM   #9

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Both of my 19's had the tv on the bath wall by the dinette area, the bed area seemed to confining.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:33 AM   #10

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Greg, thanks for the picture. Escape sold us a mount that looks somewhat like the one in your picture that you sent, except it's a wall mount not a overhead mount. So, from what I am seeing and hearing is that I WILL HAVE to put my wall mount in the corner where the frig. is and low enough where it fits in below the cabinet and above the bed. Does that sound right? Doing that we will not be able to watch the TV from our dining table, which is no big deal, but it would have been nice if we could have. Do you know if that corner has enough support in it to hold the weight of a 19" TV? I'm new at this and drilling holes in the wall especially by the frig. makes me nervous.
thanks for your help, looking forward to your other picture when you have the time.
thanks again!
Larry
Hi Larry . We saw Gregg's setup . Very nice setup . We did go with the Escape tv arm on our 19 . It is installed on the fridge wall . We have a 22 in TV . It will swing around to view when we are sitting at the dinette . We have also removed it and placed at kitchen sink area if we were going to watch a movie or tv show . Mostly set timer on tv and go to sleep with it on . Watch a little tv maybe at breakfast .trailer is a small space so it isn't hard to see tv . We went with Escape arm because wanted a bigger tv . Gregg's set up was good too . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 11:18 AM   #11

Larry, here is my TV install. IMHO, a much better location than on the fridge wall. Visible from the bed, kitchen and half of the dinette. Wires are hidden and looks neat. I never used a 12v TV but had a 12v plug put back there as well. I reinforced the cabinet with a piece of paneling glued and screwed in place. There's cabinet framing up there that I used to screw the TV mount into.

After 25,000 miles on the road, the TV mount held up fine, very durable, and secure.

I also used a shelf ETI made up for me to locate my DVD and Sat-tv receiver over the bed and centered on the back window.

You will need electric and the cable outlet placed back there if its not too late in your build. Reace couldn't do an undercabinet 120AC mount so I had him put it nearby and simply ran the wires inside the cabinet myself to a box inside the cabinet and fished the plugs thru a small hole I covered with a faceplate.

Really wasn't a lot of work but sure worked better for us than the swing arm which looked kind of funky to me.
Attached Thumbnails
get-attachment2 - Copy.jpg   IMG_3837.JPG  
Old 06-30-2016, 11:59 AM   #12

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Larry, here is my TV install. IMHO, a much better location than on the fridge wall. Visible from the bed, kitchen and half of the dinette. Wires are hidden and looks neat. I never used a 12v TV but had a 12v plug put back there as well. I reinforced the cabinet with a piece of paneling glued and screwed in place. There's cabinet framing up there that I used to screw the TV mount into.

After 25,000 miles on the road, the TV mount held up fine, very durable, and secure.

I also used a shelf ETI made up for me to locate my DVD and Sat-tv receiver over the bed and centered on the back window.

You will need electric and the cable outlet placed back there if its not too late in your build. Reace couldn't do an undercabinet 120AC mount so I had him put it nearby and simply ran the wires inside the cabinet myself to a box inside the cabinet and fished the plugs thru a small hole I covered with a faceplate.

Really wasn't a lot of work but sure worked better for us than the swing arm which looked kind of funky to me.
Gregg Escape arm isn't funky just was pricey at the time . Better now with exchange rate . Because we have the 22 in tv it is kind of big for the trailer . Eye's not what they used to be . With the tv being that big ,didn't go with your suggestion because didn't want to block any windows . On the fridge wall it swings out of the way when not used . Can swing it out and see from dinette . Make the dinette into a lounge if we were going to watch say a movie , will remove it and it sits at kitchen so it is closer to hear especially when at the beach . Your setup was another idea but with our 22 wouldn't have worked as nice as yours . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 05:39 PM   #13

canoema

Quote:

Thanks Greg, you did a beautiful job! I like it, I may have to take in in the shorts for the folding arm bracket Escape sent me and get a overhead one. They put the electronic/connections/outlet on the frig. wall and the player in the overhead cabinet next to it. I maybe able to get a long Colfax cable and extension cord for the TV and run it overhead and down through the cabinet if I put it where you have it. I'll go over it with the boss, my wife. I see you owned a Casita. We had one also. A 16' one we sold to buy the Escape. We love the 19' Escape, much better than the Casita (though the Casita was nice also). My wife retires in Jan. and we plan on spending a lot of time on the road in neat places. Thanks again! Larry
Old 06-30-2016, 07:49 PM   #14

Nah, easy to do. Just thinking about it, you could solve your problem simply by having an rv shop pull the refrig to get to the tv and power connection, reroute them thru the wire bundle in the overhead cabinet to the back corner and have the connections reinstalled back where the tv is going to be. To keep it simple, I'd have them hidden in the overhead and drill a 1/2 or 3/4" hole next to the tv mount and fish the wires up thru it. Cover the hole with a faceplate painted with Krylon Fusion khaki and voila'!

Only complication I'd see is whether the rerouted wires could be hidden in the refrig cabinet, there's a "hot zone" back there for the chimney. Worst case, the wires are stashed in a wireloom and run up the outside of the fridge wall.

Anything's possible...

Greg
Old 07-01-2016, 07:57 AM   #15

canoeman

Quote:
Nah, easy to do. Just thinking about it, you could solve your problem simply by having an rv shop pull the refrig to get to the tv and power connection, reroute them thru the wire bundle in the overhead cabinet to the back corner and have the connections reinstalled back where the tv is going to be. To keep it simple, I'd have them hidden in the overhead and drill a 1/2 or 3/4" hole next to the tv mount and fish the wires up thru it. Cover the hole with a faceplate painted with Krylon Fusion khaki and voila'!

Only complication I'd see is whether the rerouted wires could be hidden in the refrig cabinet, there's a "hot zone" back there for the chimney. Worst case, the wires are stashed in a wireloom and run up the outside of the fridge wall.

Anything's possible...

Greg
Greg, Sounds doable, I'll go over to the RV shop in Durango (45minutes away, we are in Cortez, Co.) and see how much they charge to move stuff around. Wish I got on this forum before we had the Escape built! I'll drop you a line and let you know what we did. Thanks again, you must be a good handy man!
Larry
Old 07-01-2016, 10:08 AM   #16

Should be easy for an rv or stereo shop to find 12v up there, maybe come off your stereo. If you don't need an antenna connection, just buy a cheap 12v tv with a dvd player. No messing with the refrig and much easier.

Check your tv, it may already be able to run on 12v, my Insignia 19" was 110v with a converter from 15v, I tried a 12v plug from the cig ighter to rhe tv and it works fine.
Old 07-01-2016, 04:52 PM   #17

canoeman

Quote:
Should be easy for an rv or stereo shop to find 12v up there, maybe come off your stereo. If you don't need an antenna connection, just buy a cheap 12v tv with a dvd player. No messing with the refrig and much easier.

Check your tv, it may already be able to run on 12v, my Insignia 19" was 110v with a converter from 15v, I tried a 12v plug from the cig ighter to rhe tv and it works fine.
Greg, our frig. does run off of 12V along w/propane and 120V. We got the big frig.w/freezer and love it. Just like home! I thought about a TV w/DVD player but we already paid for the one they put in, comes w/CD player & radio. The only cig. lighter I know of is the one in my truck. I do have a cheap 12V inverter that plugs into the truck cig. lighter, I use to play tapes on a old tape player(one in the truck radio is broken), when I'm on a long drive. I'm going to bring it to the RV shop after the 4th and see what they can do. I'm kind of scared to mess with too much of it, especially drilling holes in the walls. The overhead I don't mind, but I don't know what is behind the paneling. If your ever in the SW drop a line and stop by, I could use your skills! tks! Larry
Old 07-01-2016, 04:54 PM   #18

canoeman

Quote:
Greg, our frig. does run off of 12V along w/propane and 120V. We got the big frig.w/freezer and love it. Just like home! I thought about a TV w/DVD player but we already paid for the one they put in, comes w/CD player & radio. The only cig. lighter I know of is the one in my truck. I do have a cheap 12V inverter that plugs into the truck cig. lighter, I use to play tapes on a old tape player(one in the truck radio is broken), when I'm on a long drive. I'm going to bring it to the RV shop after the 4th and see what they can do. I'm kind of scared to mess with too much of it, especially drilling holes in the walls. The overhead I don't mind, but I don't know what is behind the paneling. If your ever in the SW drop a line and stop by, I could use your skills! tks! Larry
p.s.
we haven't bought a tv yet waiting to figure all this out. LB
Old 08-15-2017, 06:33 PM   #19

Trailer: 2010 19'
Resurrecting this thread for some advice with our TV set-up. Have a 2010 19' that was sold "TV Ready" but we haven't installed one yet. Planning to get a 19" TV/DVD combo that runs on 12V and installing in the back.

We found this picture in our trailer documentation...does the yellow area indicate where the wall has been reinforced for a wall mount?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2297.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	26534
BajaZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 06:43 PM   #20

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I have never seen a piece of paper like that in any of my documentation for 2012/2014/2016 units. That said, you will probably want to mount it on the corner where there is a "stud" that will support the tv on a tv mount. If you mount it anywhere else other than near the edge, when you open the cantilever it may hit the exterior wall. I made that mistake and had to move mine to the edge.