New 19 Experience, Thank yous, and Mod Questions - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-29-2016, 08:13 PM   #1
J&G

Trailer: Escape 19
New 19 Experience, Thank yous, and Mod Questions

Picked up our Escape 19 the end of August and spent over 6000 miles and 4 1/2 weeks traveling around the western US. Had a wonderful experience and LOVE our new trailer! The crew at ETI gave us a thorough orientation and hooked up our WDH so that it was ready to go on our new Tacoma, which worked flawlessly. We averaged around 15 mpg towing. Stopped in Oregon to pick up the shoe drawer under the bench seat that we had ordered from Charlie for J's shoes. (Got that idea from a picture on the forum.) It works great! Thanks, Charlie!

Except for me pulling the latch cover off of the refrigerator door, there were no mishaps with the trailer. Our only problems so far are finding a place where J can play guitar inside the trailer and deciding where to put the TV. Has anyone tried hanging the TV from the shelf in the front of the trailer in front of the rock guard window? We can reinforce the bottom of the shelf, but aren't sure if it is strong enough where it connects to the cupboards on the sides. Also, we are thinking of using tray tables or a smaller table in the dinette so that J can sit on the bench seat and have room for the guitar in front of him. Has anyone made a mod of this kind?

The refrigerator worked better than any other RV fridges we have had, but it did start to warm up in the heat when we were running on battery while driving. We decided to try using the propane while driving, which we have never done before, to see if that made a difference, and the temp started dropping right away.

We probably didn't need four captains lights because the standard lights are plenty bright, and we read Kindles, but we are delighted that we ordered the solar panels and the inverter. We used the Kuerig and the microwave several times when we were not on shore power. The batteries stayed fully charged.

We are really happy that we saw an Escape for the first time in the spring at a Florida campground and asked the owners if we might look inside. The purchase process from beginning to end was so smooth, except for that slight concern about the border closing, but Tammy kept us updated all the time until it was resolved. Everyone at ETI was patient with our many questions and made us feel like friends. Those of you who answer all the questions on this forum and who share info and pictures are invaluable. Thank you. Even if we weren't posting, we were reading your messages every single day.

We have two short trips planned for the end of this month and look forward to many, many more. We have a Winnebago song on YouTube. Time to write one about our Escape.
J&G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 08:33 PM   #2

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Good to read it all went so well for you! Enjoy every moment!
Very interested in hearing "The Escape Ballade"!!!
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 08:47 PM   #3

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
TV tray in dinette area

I don't know if this will work for you, but this is what I'm going to use in our 21. I measured out the u-shaped dinette at home and plunked this in that area. I was able to use it for my crafting just fine and I still had enough room that I was able to move it to one side when I wanted to get up. I tested it out on our couch and chaise at home.

I read lots of the reviews (as always) and this one seemed to be ideal for me. I've used it quite a bit already at home and I just might have to get another one so I have one for both The Trailer and the house.

It's very easy to fold up - way easier than the wood one I already had and never really liked. Might be time for that one to work it's way to Goodwill!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Congrats on your trailer and your successful travels in it! Yay!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote