New 21C Bed - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2022, 02:59 PM   #1
DT6

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C; 2018 Escape 19 (sold in 2022)
New 21C Bed

Does anyone know where to order a new 21C bed other than Escape? (fyi - after all the problems we had during pickup last month, I'll never order directly from them again).

We loved the bed in our 19, but the bed in our new 21C is not nearly as comfortable so I'd like to replace it. Obviously the problem is dealing with the cut corner.

I know I could order a memory foam mattress like we have at home and cut it, but that seems like I'd have to find an upholstery shop to stitch it back up, but maybe that is the only alternative.

However, it does seem like it would be much easier if there was a company where you can order a good memory foam mattress and ask them to cut it in advance?

Thanks!
DT6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 04:15 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
I don't like a firm mattress and I wanted something softer.

We did add a topper and it made all the difference in the world.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
04-12-2019 4-32-55 PM_0012_resize.jpg   04-12-2019 4-49-07 PM_0014_resize.jpg  
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 05:29 PM   #3

Trailer: 2018,5.0 TA
We really like natural Latex, http://arizonamattress.com/rv-mattresses-in-phoenix-az/ we don't have one in our escape just yet but we have one of these in our home and it is the best mattress we have ever had. They will make you a custom mattress to fit your 21, they might do memory foam but I'm not sure it's been a while since I looked around.
DanandDaphne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 06:27 PM   #4

Trailer: SOLD - 2022 Escape 21NE
We've ordered a custom mattress for our 21NE from Mattress Insider in Colorado. It's made of "Luxury Gel Foam" and is expected to weigh 60 lbs (yoiks and away!). They will cut the 10" radius on the aft side of the bed. Should be here in 10-14 days.

It will fold down the middle - easier to get in and out of the bed alcove
Tosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 06:34 PM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanandDaphne View Post
We really like natural Latex, http://arizonamattress.com/rv-mattresses-in-phoenix-az/ we don't have one in our escape just yet but we have one of these in our home and it is the best mattress we have ever had. They will make you a custom mattress to fit your 21, they might do memory foam but I'm not sure it's been a while since I looked around.
Latex mattresses are the bomb! More people would have them except for the price. Our Aireloom all latex mattress at home is still really great after 12 years.

Had I known about Arizona Mattress in 2014 I would have checked them out; our 4" Medium Density Foam with Latex Topper is really nice however. One tip- if you are a side sleeper and less than 200 lbs. a 3" latex topper is better than 2" IMO.
Old 11-16-2022, 07:19 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Give these folks a call........... https://custommattressmakers.com/pag...ner-mattresses

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 08:38 PM   #7

Trailer: 2022 Coachmen Nova 20C
We just bought a custom mattress from RV Mattresses
https://www.custommattressfactory.com/rv-mattress
They radiused the upper left corner, mitered the lower right and hinged the whole thing lengthwise to make it easier to put on fitted sheets and access under the bed for storage and winterizing.
You order over the phone and text a sketch of what you want (take a picture of your picture). The guy on the other end will put your design on and order sheet and have you confirm it's correct. I think it took about 3 weeks.
It seems like a very high quality product - sleeps as well as what we have at home.
Attached Thumbnails
custom rv mattress kinsley.jpg  
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 04:42 PM   #8

Trailer: 2023 21C
We are just outfitting our new 21C and are having trouble finding fitted sheets for the mattress. It would be a Full or Double extra long, 53 inches x 80 inches. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
dunnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 06:47 PM   #9
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnet View Post
We are just outfitting our new 21C and are having trouble finding fitted sheets for the mattress. It would be a Full or Double extra long, 53 inches x 80 inches. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
The 21C bed is a 'Full XL' bed. Thus, Full XL sheets fit best. Although many here say Queen size sheets also work. - Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 09:33 PM   #10

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
The 21C bed is a 'Full XL' bed. Thus, Full XL sheets fit best. Although many here say Queen size sheets also work. - Bea
Yup, Full XL is what we got and the sheets fit fine. Couldn’t find that size in any department store, so went to a local mattress store and they took care of us.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote