New Trailer faucet dripping when driving. - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-03-2021, 12:34 PM   #21

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Ya think you have seen real poverty... Until you go to Cap Haitian. I was there in 1980 for 4 days, eye opening for a 21 year old. When we work in the Caribbean (Tugboat Captain), we are often asked what our next port will be.. We always say Haiti...It avoids stowaways from wherever we are working/leaving from, Opps, sorry for the thread drift!
Old 10-03-2021, 01:05 PM   #22

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
We've never used the sink cover and now have a new sink that has no cover. Nothing goes in the sink that can't get wet when traveling down the road.

I probably should put a piece of paper in the sink to see if our new faucet drips.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 10-03-2021, 05:32 PM   #23

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofmerc View Post
Ya think you have seen real poverty... Until you go to Cap Haitian. I was there in 1980 for 4 days, eye opening for a 21 year old. When we work in the Caribbean (Tugboat Captain), we are often asked what our next port will be.. We always say Haiti...It avoids stowaways from wherever we are working/leaving from, Opps, sorry for the thread drift!
Don't worry about thread drift. Why there was a time when a thread could drift right into poutine. Thow a little on topic stuff in with the drifted stuff and all's good.

There's no doubt that a single lever faucet with a side mounted lever could be affected by rough roads but if I had to choose between the type in my 19 or the single lever it'd be the single lever for sure, especially with the higher spout.

Since your days in Haiti they've had trouble of all sorts heaped on them. Even so they soldier on. And the kids are delightful.

It was fitting that on my last night there was an earthquake that killed people near by. The locals had to deal with it and know that it wouldn't be the last natural disaster they would have to endure. It seemed selfish for me to be concerned that the runway might have been damaged.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP0013_resize.JPG   IMGP0040_resize.jpg  
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 08:46 AM   #24

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
What sort of faucet did you have in your Casita? Was it a short one, more or less level? Or was it an arch? The valves are in the taps, which means water is still in the faucet when the taps are turned off. If I wiggle the faucet at home, after shutting off the taps, water will come out.
The faucet in our 19' has done the same ever since we brought the it home from the factory in 2013! Even with the water pump off and the pressure in the lines relieved, there may be a small volume of water that stays in the faucet after you turn off the taps. The jiggling and shaking while towing the trailer causes some of that to drip out the end of the faucet and into the sink. Not a big issue, just wipe it up when you arrive at your destination.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 11:42 AM   #25

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
When we picked up our new trailer a little over two years ago the first time we stopped, I noticed the same thing. I told her "Look, there's water in the sink." She replied "Geez, can you imagine that, water in the sink."

She left us a few months after that but you can believe I never brought that up again.
Old 10-06-2021, 10:50 AM   #26

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
We love command hooks and also asked ETS if they could be used on the vinyl. They said “no.” They recommend you only use the command hooks on wood surfaces, the backing on the cabinet doors, and metal surfaces.

If you hear otherwise, I’d love to know about that.
Lisajanrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 11:07 AM   #27

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I've used 3M Command hooks for years and I have advised many times to save the instructions for removal. If you don't follow instructions, you can damage the surface.
Attached Thumbnails
3M hook removal 1.jpg   3M hook removal 2.jpg   3M hook removal 3.jpg   3M hooks and check list.jpg  
Old 10-06-2021, 11:51 AM   #28

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
Command Hooks on Vinyl

Dear gbaglo,

I see that in all your photos, the command hooks are on a wood finish. We also use affix them to the wood finish. My point is that the folks at ETS explicitly told us not to use command hooks on the vinyl finish. If you have had good luck affixing command hooks to the vinyl finish and then removing them without damagin the vinyl, please respond. I, like you, always save and follow in instructions.
Lisajanrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 12:20 PM   #29

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I've used 3M Command hooks for years and I have advised many times to save the instructions for removal. If you don't follow instructions, you can damage the surface.
Dang. I wanted to hang something behind the stove.
Beekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 12:31 PM   #30

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
That "wood" in the pictures is a thin photo finish on lauan plywood. I don't know if "contemporary" is the same composition, which is why I've not commented.
Old 10-06-2021, 12:58 PM   #31

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19' on order
I've had the same issue for 3 years now. My solution has been to keep a microfiber towel on the sink cover. Thanks for the solution! I'll now relieve pressure before traveling.
Onestep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 02:45 PM   #32

Trailer: 2017 50 TA, 2016 F150, 2.7 Ecoboost
3 Tbs. of water generated 20 replies 😳
Amazing......
Chotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 04:16 PM   #33

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
You may have missed some comments that detailed much more water leaking than that.

There are other situations than that that have caused more leakage.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 05:50 PM   #34

Trailer: 2017 50 TA, 2016 F150, 2.7 Ecoboost
�� What i said was 3 Tbs of water generated, now 33 replies. What did I miss?
Chotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 09:15 PM   #35

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16 SD (sold), 2020 Escape 19
Probably not a leak. Once you shut off the faucet some water remains in the hose between the faucet and outlet, and it's probably that water that's bouncing out as you travel down the road.
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote