No AC Dometic 2683 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2021, 01:23 PM   #1

Trailer: 21NE March 2021
No AC Dometic 2683

Just left vm for Dustin but thought I would reach out here for help as well.
New owner of 21NE and recently returned from camping trip where everything was working.

Today plugged into house current preparing for another outing this weekend to prepare fridge.

Fridge will not work on AC (lights show it will work on DC and Propane). Also the fan is running continuously within the main control panel of trailer. As I type this the fan just stopped after about an hour running within the panel and when I pushed button on fridge it went to DC and the fan came back on within the panel. When I turned off the fridge the fan in panel also turned off.

All other electrical outlets appear to be working as well as lights.

Before I start removing fuses, has anyone else ever experienced this and /or can someone provide the steps they would take to investigate and fix.

Hoping this is an easy one or perhaps we will not be camping this weekend.

Thanks!
Rikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 01:48 PM   #2

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikster View Post
Just left vm for Dustin but thought I would reach out here for help as well.
New owner of 21NE and recently returned from camping trip where everything was working.

Today plugged into house current preparing for another outing this weekend to prepare fridge.

Fridge will not work on AC (lights show it will work on DC and Propane). Also the fan is running continuously within the main control panel of trailer. As I type this the fan just stopped after about an hour running within the panel and when I pushed button on fridge it went to DC and the fan came back on within the panel. When I turned off the fridge the fan in panel also turned off.

All other electrical outlets appear to be working as well as lights.

Before I start removing fuses, has anyone else ever experienced this and /or can someone provide the steps they would take to investigate and fix.

Hoping this is an easy one or perhaps we will not be camping this weekend.

Thanks!
In addition to the circuit breaker for the fridge AC, there is a fuse on the control board of the fridge (inside 4" black box in the outside compartment). In the photo attached you can see the fuse at the bottom of the board.

If you are unable to get the AC issue resolved before this weekend but the fridge is working fine on propane, then go on your trip and just run it on propane....no reason you can't do that even if you are in a campsite with shore power hooked up.
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG  
Old 08-26-2021, 01:32 PM   #3

Trailer: 21NE March 2021
Hi Dave,
Thank you for your FAST reply! Dustin replied right after your post and walked me through all of the fuses to check. Presently the fridge is not working on AC or propane. The only light that comes on is the DC light. Dustin checked with the team there and called back suggesting to get hold of Dometic dealer as they think it could be a board issue.
So now I am loading up the Yeti for our weekend trip.
Not surprising I called about six dealers in Northern California and a couple in Southern Oregon and they are either busy for the next two months or not taking any outside work from their own in-house purchases. I totally understand the business climate currently with Covid and the amount of new RVs on the road. Looks like my Yeti is going to be used quite a bit in the near future. At least we will have a great trailer for our upcoming camping trips which will also include Crater Lake and Yellowstone (if we can stay clear of fires and smoke).
Thank you again Dave.
Rikster is offline   Reply With Quote