No Goodyear Endurance Tires - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2021, 04:01 PM   #21

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesinGA View Post
For anyone looking for the Endurance on the Goodyear web site, they have moved it to a special web site that is NOT linked to by the main web site. On the main web site if you click "trailer" from the drop down menus, it changes to auto tires.

Here is the special site... https://www.goodyearrvtires.com/tire-selector.aspx

Click on the Endurance tire and scroll down to the spec table for sizes and specifications.
Goodyear has used this separate website for their RV tires for many years; apparently they have recently broken the link to them from their main website... the link worked previously.

On the Goodyear Canada website if you start the Tire Finder it has categories for Vehicle Type and Tire Size, with a separate category for Trailer Tires... which just brings up an empty list to select a size. If you choose to Browse All Tires then choose Trailer Tires, it finds no sizes. The linkage to the trailer tires is just broken.

This RV tire website is where the load/inflation table for the Endurance (and all other ST tires) is published.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 10:23 AM   #22

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Endurance tires

I just bought 5 new endurance tires for our Bigfoot. Date stamp is from June of 21. Discount tire had them, GA office.
Snuffy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 10:23 AM   #23

Trailer: 2006 Casita SD
Goodyear endurance

I bought the Goodyear endurance tires when they first came out after being invited to a good year Training meeting….for work.
I change out my tires every three years whether my husband likes it or not…. . I know there are a lot of tires still making their way to the US market with so many containers stuck in the middle getting here, getting unloaded etc..
The Carlisle radials are also very difficult to get but hopefully more inventory coming in as well.
Snowshoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 10:51 AM   #24

Trailer: 2012 19
Found 4 Goodyear Endurance

I found 4 in Montgomery Al (1 hour away) and will pick them up tomorrow. I was hoping to get them from my local tire store but that was not happening. These were at Discount Tire and were made in 2021.
Thanks for all of the info you guys provided!

Graham
Opelika Al
gyuill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 07:25 AM   #25

Trailer: sold Airstream\Casita -2019 21' Escape
I'm looking for tires too. Local Goodyear dealer has none but Discount can get. Price $130 each which seems like the normal price cause Tire Rack show the same price online. Just need to figure out what size metal valve stem fits the aluminum rims.
jumboscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 07:38 AM   #26

Trailer: 2016 Casita
A number of rv websites show Goodyear has suspended production of the Endurance until February or March of 2022. If you're lucky enough to find a distributor that still has some, that's great. None available for dealers through four different wholesalers in our area.
jerryc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 10:35 AM   #27

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumboscott View Post
.... Just need to figure out what size metal valve stem fits the aluminum rims.
FYI / FWIW my Bastrop Discount Tire recently installed bolt-in all metal stems in my Escape aluminum wheels - I didn't ask about size, nor did they - whatever was needed they had 'em on hand no worries.

A few weeks prior when I got new tires for my truck AL wheels at that location they put in metal stems, again no worries and no extra charge above the normal 'stems, mount, and balance' - just ask for 'em.

I'd showed them the TPMS sensors I wanted to use, they simply said "we understand, yes bolt-in metal stems are best with those, no problem".

All are working great and secure with the EezTire stem-mounted sensors

Have Fun!
Old 10-10-2021, 08:44 AM   #28

Trailer: 21C Jan. 15, 2021
Quote:
I'm looking for tires too. Local Goodyear dealer has none but Discount can get. Price $130 each which seems like the normal price cause Tire Rack show the same price online. Just need to figure out what size metal valve stem fits the aluminum rims.
The Discount tire in Victoria, Tx replaced my new Carlisle with Endurance and I ask for steel valves stems and they said no problem. They put in chrome stems at no charge. This was 2 months ago.

I did not have to decide the size. They did.
Dcboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 09:38 AM   #29

Trailer: 2008 BigfootRV 25B21RB
Most aluminum rims have a rather deep recess for valve stem and a regular metal stem with a nut retaining it becomes impossible to tighten.

I found the Airstream folks who were looking for metal stems for their Sendel wheels from the factory recommended a Dill VS-902-W. I was unable to locate any but did find VS-902-WP which is the exact same stem with a fill thru the cap on it. I bought these by calling Mohawk Rubber Sales (Dill recommended them as a distributor). I called the Boston location as that was the number Dill gave me, 800-242-1446 and the nice fellow there said they had 200 in stock. I bought 6 of them and he sent me a huge catalog also, of course I paid the shipping:>)

https://www.dillvalves.com/product_c...ecialty-valve/

More recently, my friend I mentioned in my earlier post in this thread, decided he wanted metal stems for mounting of tire pressure sensors, and ended up having Discount install what they had on hand. These are a nice looking stem that is actually designed to mount a pressure sensor inside the rim, and resembles this one from NAPA https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/ECH9...pressionRank=1

Dill stem

NAPA stem, the Discount Tire stem will be similar to this one.

The sleeve with the small hex at the top makes it possible to install these stems in a wheel with a deep recess. For steel rims a simple metal stem with nut works fine.....

Charles
CharlesinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 03:07 PM   #30

Trailer: sold Airstream\Casita -2019 21' Escape
Ordered 5 tires from Discount online. Store received them the next day from San Antonio. Plus, they give 10% off military discount. Anyways, when I called and setup an appointment, I asked about metal valve stems and they said get these before appointment (TR416 Metal Stems). I guess will see if they work. In addition, I found this Goodyear Endurance PSI chart based on each wheel weight (attached). Based on the chart, if my Escape weight is 1100 lbs (4400/4), I should be running 25 PSI (205/75/15). I was running 50 PSI on stock Carlisle tires and maybe that is why the center tread is worn (over-inflated).
Attached Thumbnails
goodyear.jpg  
jumboscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 03:15 PM   #31

Trailer: 21C Jan. 15, 2021
Quote:
Ordered 5 tires from Discount online. Store received them the next day from San Antonio. Plus, they give 10% off military discount. Anyways, when I called and setup an appointment, I asked about metal valve stems and they said get these before appointment (TR416 Metal Stems). I guess will see if they work. In addition, I found this Goodyear Endurance PSI chart based on each wheel weight (attached). Based on the chart, if my Escape weight is 1100 lbs (4400/4), I should be running 25 PSI (205/75/15). I was running 50 PSI on stock Carlisle tires and maybe that is why the center tread is worn (over-inflated).

I will run 50-55 psi., on my Endurance regardless of what the chart indicates. Of course, the pressure varies depending on which size faces the sun while underway.
I am not going to overthink this. Have 2000 miles on them now, they pull great.
Dcboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 03:41 PM   #32

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcboyd View Post
I will run 50-55 psi., on my Endurance regardless of what the chart indicates. Of course, the pressure varies depending on which size faces the sun while underway.
I am not going to overthink this. Have 2000 miles on them now, they pull great.
I have tens of thousands of miles on my endurance tires. I now run 56 psi with a scale weight of 4,360. Road speed usually 62 mph or less if that’s the limit. Wear has been very acceptable. I rotate at about 8,000 miles. All 5 tires in circular rotation. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
Hope this helps
YTSMD (Your tire success may differ)
Iowa Dave
Old 10-12-2021, 04:11 PM   #33

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
FWIW the stems Discount Tire put on my Escape & F150 (DT supplied them from their on-hand stock, no extra charge). They appear identical to the "Dill VS-902-W" in the first picture above including the bright metal hex cap I removed to install my TPMS.
Attached Thumbnails
DT METAL STEM ON ESCAPE.jpg  
Old 10-12-2021, 04:23 PM   #34

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
In addition, I found this Goodyear Endurance PSI chart based on each wheel weight (attached). Based on the chart, if my Escape weight is 1100 lbs (4400/4), I should be running 25 PSI (205/75/15). I was running 50 PSI on stock Carlisle tires and maybe that is why the center tread is worn (over-inflated).
The chart indicates a minimum inflation pressure of less than 25 PSI, and even then it assumes that the 4400 pound load is perfectly evenly distributed between the tires.

All ST tires follow the same load/inflation standard.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 04:31 PM   #35

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I have always used 50 psi in any and all of my Escapes since 2012....
Old 10-12-2021, 10:24 PM   #36

Trailer: 2008 BigfootRV 25B21RB
Quote:
The TR416 is the bottom most pic in my post above. Depending on how deeply recessed the valve sits in the wheel, I doubt they will be able to tighten the nut, as there is no room for a socket. They should have an all metal stem very similar to the one I showed, from NAPA. This is rather common on new cars with TPMS and they need to keep them in stock as many new cars as there are rolling thru their shops.

I have Sendel T03 "Bullet" wheels on my SOB, and the stem sits recessed enough that the nut on a TR416 would be inaccessible. Also, the VS-902 uses the separate washer on it below the sleeve with the hex. The washer is beveled on the bottom outer edge so it won't cut into the radius of the recess in the wheel, and being two pieces, you are not grinding into the aluminum when you tighten up the nut/sleeve.

Charles
Attached Thumbnails
Wheel 9 showing dill valve stem and flow thru cap.jpg  
CharlesinGA is offline   Reply With Quote