No Goodyear Endurance Tires - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2021, 04:23 PM   #1

Trailer: 2012 19
No Goodyear Endurance Tires

I called around and could not find any 14 inch Goodyear Endurance tires. Even checked Etrailer. Was told there is a national back order on them. Not sure if it is just the 14 inch.

Graham
gyuill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 04:32 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I'm on a Facebook OutdoorsRV group. This was posted this morning:

Q: The other day while at a tire shop getting something done on a vehicle I asked the tire person the availability on a new set of the 16" Goodyear Endurance tires. According to them they are now "discontinued" no longer available. They were very adamant it was no longer available. My thinking is it's their "supplier" who no longer carries them.

A.: I googled and it says Goodyear is pausing production temporarily to concentrate on "emergency vehicle " tires. Due to pandemic labor shortage.

So it sounds like more sizes than 14".
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 04:39 PM   #3

Trailer: Casita ... for now ...
I recently bought new 15 inch Goodyear Endurance tires for my Casita from Discount Tire. No problems at all. Checking their website it showed they were also available in 14 inch. Location might have something to do with availability, but I doubt seriously they are discontinued since they're the only trailer tire Goodyear sells.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 4.35.39 PM.jpg  
brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 07:37 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
FYI, call your local tire dealer as they can get Goodyear Endurance tires in a short time frame. Discount Tire is NOT my friend; read my Yelp review of their store in SLO(America's Tire-same thing). My local tire store(The Tire Store in SLO, CA) beats the pants off them AND is a Full Service Tire store vs. sell tires only store. Big difference.
Have you ever seen a prop in a store showing why you need to replace a tire for a nail or screw puncture?

https://www.yelp.com/biz/americas-ti...-luis-obispo-3
Old 08-06-2021, 08:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
FYI, call your local tire dealer as they can get Goodyear Endurance tires in a short time frame.
I called 4 local tire stores, two of them were Goodyear tire centers. All gave me the same story. None in stock and when they checked on getting them from Goodyear, they were listed as on national back order. I did a search of semi local Discount Tire and one location had them in stock. About an hour away.

Graham
Old 08-06-2021, 09:16 PM   #6

Perhaps the market is more competitive in AL; $532 for four 14" is close to what I paid for 15" tires here. Am still ashamed I got sucked in briefly to a National Retailer when the local owned ones could actually do better. And better for the local economy too.
Old 08-06-2021, 09:23 PM   #7

I have bought all of my tires and my kids tires from the same tire shop for the past 30 years. I don’t have to have them now so I will wait till the local shop gets them in

Graham
Old 08-06-2021, 09:47 PM   #8

Also, not sure how old you are; any remembrance of George Jr. & the Governors Four? Lived in Montgomery in the 60's.
Old 08-06-2021, 10:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Also, not sure how old you are; any remembrance of George Jr. & the Governors Four? Lived in Montgomery in the 60's.
I am 67 and grew up in Athens Ga, the new wave capital of the universe. I live in Opelika Al now and do remember Gov George Jr. but not the Governors four.
Old 08-07-2021, 08:46 PM   #10

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic #7
Wow!!
I guess I got lucky I placed a order for new tires on 6/27.
5 new ST205/75R-15 Goodyear Endurance tires

Now this tire's listed availability is 2/26/22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post

Q: The other day while at a tire shop getting something done on a vehicle I asked the tire person the availability on a new set of the 16" Goodyear Endurance tires. According to them they are now "discontinued" no longer available. They were very adamant it was no longer available. My thinking is it's their "supplier" who no longer carries them.

A.: I googled and it says Goodyear is pausing production temporarily to concentrate on "emergency vehicle " tires. Due to pandemic labor shortage.

7th Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 11:25 PM   #11

Trailer: 21C Jan. 15, 2021
Durn, I just had Discount tire install 5 new Endurance last week on my new 21C. They even put steel valves for my TPMS, which was an afterthought on my part. They said no problem and did not charge extra.
Excellent service.
I removed the tires myself and took them in. That way I could put never seize on the lug threads and recoat the frame and axle bolts with undercoater.
Dcboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 09:46 AM   #12

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
I guess I would be a little concerned getting a replacement tire in the future should you hit a road hazard.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 10:41 AM   #13

Trailer: 2021 5.0 TA
General GRABBER A/TX - SIZE: 205/75R15
I put these on my pop-up tent trailer and they worked great.
WanderBred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 11:50 AM   #14

Trailer: 2008 BigfootRV 25B21RB
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderBred View Post
The OP is looking for a 14 inch tire, not a 15. The tire you cite is a P or Passenger car tire, not a light truck or trailer tire. There is no Grabber A/TX tires in the OP's size. The tire you referenced is 1609 lbs vs a Endruance ST tire rated at 2150 lbs.

For anyone looking for the Endurance on the Goodyear web site, they have moved it to a special web site that is NOT linked to by the main web site. On the main web site if you click "trailer" from the drop down menus, it changes to auto tires.

Here is the special site... https://www.goodyearrvtires.com/tire-selector.aspx

Click on the Endurance tire and scroll down to the spec table for sizes and specifications.

Less than a month ago I went with a friend to look at a Forest River Surveyor in South Daytona Beach. It had 0116 dated tires so I started calling Discount Tire. The one close by only had two in the ST205/75R14 size but one up the road about 30 miles had 7 in stock so we got there just in time for them to mount 5 new Endurance tires on the trailer.

Charles
CharlesinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 02:13 PM   #15

Trailer: 2021 5.0 TA
I understand the weight rating capacity being more with a good year, but they do have 14 inch wheels.
WanderBred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 03:03 PM   #16

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesinGA View Post
The tire you cite is a P or Passenger car tire, not a light truck or trailer tire.
The tire you referenced is 1609 lbs vs a Endruance ST tire rated at 2150 lbs.
It looks like the Grabber A/Tx is a Euro-metric tire, rather than a "P" tire; however, regardless of type the problem is that it is only Standard Load, so it doesn't have enough capacity for most Escapes in this size... but it would have just enough for the 2800 lb axles of an early Escape 19.

There are quite a few other 205/75R15 tires with this same load range of 97. The trick is finding a higher-capacity tire in this size.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 03:09 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesinGA View Post
The OP is looking for a 14 inch tire, not a 15.
Quote:
I understand the weight rating capacity being more with a good year, but they do have 14 inch wheels.
General has 14" tires in this model, but of course they have even less load capacity, so they would not be suitable.
Old 08-08-2021, 03:24 PM   #18

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19 "Sheep"; 2003 Toyota Tundra "Shep"; 2017 Aussie "Cody"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post

You may want to look at the September issue of Consumer Reports, "The RV Tires You Must Avoid." The tire in question is the Goodyear G159, an older model that is still on the road. Most interesting to me is Goodyear's handling of a known defective product using confidential settlements to lawsuits to prevent others from learning about the problems. Sort of like ETI and Dometic on the exploding propane stove.
Farmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 03:49 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmgirl View Post
You may want to look at the September issue of Consumer Reports, "The RV Tires You Must Avoid." The tire in question is the Goodyear G159, an older model that is still on the road. Most interesting to me is Goodyear's handling of a known defective product using confidential settlements to lawsuits to prevent others from learning about the problems..
I'm struggling to understand the relevance of this issue. Yes, it looks like Goodyear may have behaved badly regarding that tire from two decades ago, but if that eliminates Goodyear as a supplier then all trailer tires are likely unacceptable... after all, most of them (including the Rainier-branded tires supplied by Escape) are made by obscure companies in Asia who don't even put their name of the tires, so they're not exactly trustworthy.
Old 08-08-2021, 03:54 PM   #20

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19 "Sheep"; 2003 Toyota Tundra "Shep"; 2017 Aussie "Cody"
The relevance is Goodyear's corporate reponse, which IMHO suggests that you want to be very careful about their public statements on any topic, including the temporary halt to production.
Farmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote