outside shower - HELP! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2017, 05:19 PM   #1

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19 "Tortuga"
outside shower - HELP!

I forgot to drain the outside shower and it froze/ broke the mixing fixture. It is a 4" OC T- fitting, black and white plastic. Anyone know who the manufacturer is on this unit (2012 Escape)? Still current @ Escape? Or where I might go to find this part. My local RV store, plumbing specialty and ol' time hardware store all didn't know. I figure I'd ask here before bugging ET.

TIA
steve
flatpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:21 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
I'm pretty sure it's a Phoenix. Do you have a photo?
Old 01-23-2017, 05:37 PM   #3

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Valves

Just an idea, I'd check with Factory RV Surplus in Elkhart Indiana. They have a lot of inventory. The have a pretty good website and their counter people are knowledgeable.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:55 PM   #4

Old 01-23-2017, 06:17 PM   #5

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 (Serenity).
Ahh, that drafting scale takes me back to the pre-Autocad days!

Good luck with the fix; adding draining the shower to my winter prep worry list.

Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatpick View Post
FlatlandFlyFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 06:33 PM   #6

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatlandFlyFisher View Post
Ahh, that drafting scale takes me back to the pre-Autocad days!
I regularly use them, especially when doing initial layouts for reno projects. Doing them to scale insures no errors.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 06:50 PM   #7

Trailer: Escape 21' May 2017
Wondering if I need to add the shower to my build sheet that I turn in next week. What do folks use them for. NOt sure i would need one, hate to spend the additional money if I don't but would hate not to get one if I might.
The Quilting Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 07:02 PM   #8

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quilting Lady View Post
Wondering if I need to add the shower to my build sheet that I turn in next week. What do folks use them for. NOt sure i would need one, hate to spend the additional money if I don't but would hate not to get one if I might.
Showering , washing dishes , rinsing off your feet , washing the dog , rinsing off after swimming , filling the dog's dish , washing off my portable solar panel , Etc.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 07:08 PM   #9

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
An outdoor shower is great for rinsing off dirty pets, muddy shoes, and beach sand. I also prefer an outdoor shower when boondocking if it is warm out. Just feels more like camping and is so refreshing. I had one on my Aliner, and have one on our 19' Escape.
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 07:33 PM   #10
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
You can never miss what you've never had.

The big thing with an outside shower is the hot water. IF all you're looking to do is wash off your feet, dogs paws or rise sandy shoes, maybe a splitter for the hose bib would satisfy your needs? Two Way Hose Splitter
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 07:42 PM   #11

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
I forgot to drain the outside shower and it froze/ broke the mixing fixture. It is a 4" OC T- fitting, black and white plastic. Anyone know who the manufacturer is on this unit (2012 Escape)? Still current @ Escape? Or where I might go to find this part. My local RV store, plumbing specialty and ol' time hardware store all didn't know.
Is this what you need? Probably have to buy the assembly.

White Two Handle Shower Valve with Vacuum Breaker
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 08:23 PM   #12

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
On our previous trailers we had an outdoor shower. Never used it. The location of the shower was on the driver's side.
For our Escape we had one installed on the passenger side. Just in case. Best move ever: use it every day when camping.
The location where to put the shower made the difference for us.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:22 PM   #13

Trailer: 2013 Casita (Sold) 2017 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
On our previous trailers we had an outdoor shower. Never used it. The location of the shower was on the driver's side.
For our Escape we had one installed on the passenger side. Just in case. Best move ever: use it every day when camping.
The location where to put the shower made the difference for us.
We did the same thing - we wash dishes outside a lot and with our Casita it was inconvenient to get hot water from inside and take it out in a pan. We put it on the curb side too. Don't anticipate that we will use it as a shower but will be handy to have the outdoor kitchen sink!

Never underestimate a man with a Degree in Physical Education.
H46Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:36 PM   #14

Trailer: pondering.....
while on the subject of the outside shower...on the 2017 Escape 19 is the interior plumbing to the outside shower accessible regardless of whether its on the driver or passenger side of the trailer?
and if they don't run the plumbing on the inside does each device using water on the drivers side have individual piping that pierces the underside of the hull?
would hope that the number of plumbing splices, Tees, etc is minimized on the drivers side of an Escape 19 if it is not easily accessible because of the shower and cabinets.

I am familiar with how the kitchen sink is plumbed
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:50 PM   #15

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
FWIW, for our camping style, we've never felt the need for an outside source of hot water beyond a kettle of water near the fire. For rinsing things off, we just use an outside water supply hose splitter like Donna D suggested. Plus, we tried as much as possible to minimize the number of holes ETI needed to cut in the outer shell. But to each their own....
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:59 PM   #16

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
I forgot to drain the outside shower and it froze/ broke the mixing fixture. It is a 4" OC T- fitting, black and white plastic. Anyone know who the manufacturer is on this unit (2012 Escape)? Still current @ Escape? Or where I might go to find this part. My local RV store, plumbing specialty and ol' time hardware store all didn't know. I figure I'd ask here before bugging ET. TIA steve
Steve, I think others have set you on the right path to fixing your problem. But FYI, I've often been surprised at the wide variety of RV supplies available at Marvin's Building Materials stores - or at least the one near us. Do you even have those out where you live? I had to replace the inside shower faucet on our EggCamper once (looked pretty much like yours), and was pleasantly surprised to find a replacement faucet at Marvin's. Best of luck....
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 11:06 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Is this what you need? Probably have to buy the assembly.

White Two Handle Shower Valve with Vacuum Breaker
yep, I think the one I have is a Thetford, but this will do! Thanks! yes I really like my outside shower, just gotta remember to drain it when winter rolls around!

No Marvins. I tried a old school hardware store locally but no....

Thanks all!

steve
Old 01-24-2017, 02:29 PM   #18

Quote:
yep, I think the one I have is a Thetford, but this will do! Thanks! yes I really like my outside shower, just gotta remember to drain it when winter rolls around!

No Marvins. I tried a old school hardware store locally but no....

Thanks all!

steve
Steve, you may have realized that you can't order direct from the Phoenix site I linked. These should work:

Amazon:
www.amazon.com/Phoenix-P437MV55I-Shower-Valve/dp/B00HJ6P44U

etrailer:
Replacement 4" Shower Valve w/ Vacuum Breaker for Phoenix Faucet Exterior RV Shower Box - White Phoenix Faucets Accessories and Parts PF213244
Old 08-01-2017, 10:21 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
On our previous trailers we had an outdoor shower. Never used it. The location of the shower was on the driver's side. For our Escape we had one installed on the passenger side. Just in case. Best move ever: use it every day when camping. The location where to put the shower made the difference for us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H46Driver View Post
We did the same thing - we wash dishes outside a lot and with our Casita it was inconvenient to get hot water from inside and take it out in a pan. We put it on the curb side too. Don't anticipate that we will use it as a shower but will be handy to have the outdoor kitchen sink!
It's always interesting how differently everyone uses their trailers. With the older 19 set up with an actual shower head on the passenger side we have used it regularly to rinse off the kids and large things like a griddle. I wouldn't want all that water on the ground under the awning where we typically would have a small table and chairs and are going in and out of the trailer. It all depends on how you use it though. If water is being put into a pan or something it would be a different story. I suppose maybe the best of both worlds is one on each side, but then you have an extra hole in the shell and another thing to make sure gets winterized.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:29 AM   #20

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
We have never showered using the indoor shower in our trailer
We have showered using the outdoor shower on several occasions when remote camping.

A bar of Ivory soap ( It Floats) and a dunk in a pond or lake also works quite well.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote